TV Bargain Question

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Papa Perry, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

TV Bargain Question

Hey guys I am still only able to play on XBL at my grandmothers right now and I'm on a standard tube TV and I was hoping some of you could point me in a good direction of a decent brand at a fair price for a 26-32" TV. I see some cheaper ones but I'm not sure which of the cheaper brands are more reliable. I'd rather go to Walmart to get one but the selection here where I live isn't astounding so I wouldnt be against ordering online. Thanks in advance.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Walmart will have Vizio and Emerson. They aren't the greatest but for the price, you can't really complain. I bought a 32" 720p Emerson four years ago and it still works like the day I bought it.

Also, for the money you will be spending, go ahead and get a 32". It's typically just slightly more than a 26-28".

3. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

i bought a 42in Vizio from wal mart.. never had a problem with it so far.. i also got a 47in sony from walmart no problems there either.. im pretty impressed with Vizio for my self.. NCAA only plays in 720p anyway. also for the money i think you can get into a 40+ for only 100 or 150 over a 32" but since i dont know what you have room for 32's are pretty good as well..

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Check out the Insignia televisions at Best Buy. I've had a 42" one for two years and love it, and a buddy just bought a 37" Insignia that was 1080p for the price of an LG/Panasonic 720p.

Insignia is the generic house brand of Best Buy, but the televisions are made by either LG or Vizio - both decent makers of TVs.

If you go another route, honestly most of the TVs out there are pretty solid. The only one I'd avoid are Westinghouse.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

What is the cheapest 42 you can get?

6. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Sharpe LCDs are 550-650

7. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I have a couple vizios, I really like them and haven't had any problems. Sears, walmart, costco all sell them, they're very affordable.

8. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

42" panasonic plasma. 720p should be able to find from about $550 area. Otherwise, look at their lcds also, great viewing angles. Being on the repair end of these things, Panasonic has a great service record. Also have parts on down the road. Vizio, not so much. Pretty much the same for emerson and insignia. But some insignia's are LG clones. You would be amazed at the amount of parts sharing and swapping that goes on in the tv world.

Mike

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

aoc makes a good tv. radio shack sells them.