Tweet Board 2012: Week 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Transfer HB Kenjon Barner (i think that's his name, not near my box) posted this on his twitter account:

"Finally gonna get to put on that Wildcat uniform!! The wait is finally over!"

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I looked at Barner during the training results...man he is going to be a monster in the Pac10 this year. You can thank Oregon for his services!

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Senior QB Kevin Prince - "Preseason polls don't mean jack. I don't understand what these guys are looking for sometimes. We finished last season 10-3 and ranked 14th. We have 18 seniors on this team and we don't ranked? What a joke!"

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I know!! I'm so pumped to use him! Just sucks i'll only have him for one season.

6. Jayrah

You can hear AggieLand getting excited about this season. They drew a very favorable schedule, with no opponents ranked above them out of conference, and all three Night Owls games at Land of the 12th Man!

Offense is going to be explosive, with a highly touted O-line, a 99 rated Christine Michael and very accurate Tommy Dorman in the backfield, but the defense is not as good up front as they have been the last couple years. A relatively injury free season will see the Aggies in the top 10. It is the demand of the fans and the school board!

7. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

The Badgers easily have the best strength of schedule for non confrence, playing the #10, #12, #20, and #4 ranked teams in the nation. "Wanna be the best, gotta beat the best. We cant really move up in the rankings being ranked #3, but we can sure fall down if we lose one game. There's our motivation for the season" Coach Mexi commented. Off the schedule, once again for some reason, is Ohio St for a second straight year in the Big 10. The key for the Badgers will be the experienced oline, with 4 srs and 1 jr who average a 95 overall rating. The crutch will be the secondary, as we start with 2 TRUE freshman at cb. "We told these kids to get ready to play when they got here, and now they need to step up. Our safeties will have to be of great help."

8. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Alot of anticipation in Austin as the longhorns prepare to unleash their new offense.

9. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Nothing like starting the season off with a border war in a big midwestern recruiting hotbed (if the game were actually played in St. Louis.....)

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

The NCAA scheduling committee is pleased no one has bitched and moaned about their schedules thus far ;)

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I haven't been able to look at mine yet....lol nah i never worry about my schedule

12. MexiRican35

Rec you do a good job with the schedules. Must be hard with 12 teams to satisfy.

13. Cheez

somehow, you avoid both myself and Mexi....

THE FIX IS IN!!! hahaha

as for you, Rec, you did a wonderful job.

14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Just got a chance to look and man its quite the gauntlet. With a very raw and slow defense, i think i'll be lucky to make it out of my OOC schedule with a winning record.

15. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Utah was a great first game to work on my defensive sets.I am pleased with my offense also since I am trying to be more balanced with all those stud HBs why wouldn't I.That still didn't stop my QB from going off when he did pass the rock. Heisman watch has already started. ;)

[​IMG]

16. Jayrah

97 Barner (UA) vs 99 Michael (A&M) in about an hour

17. Cheez

Illinois' Justin Green on his performance in a 31-21 Illini victory over rival Missouri:

Something tells me Coach Cheez will have a few words for his new starting HB in practice this week.

18. Jayrah

Texas A&M is planning on being more diverse on offense in their second game. "We feel like we reverted to the beginning of last season with our lack of diversity in the play calling. Turnovers didn't help, but our offense just couldn't move it, and that's our coaching staff. We need a better plan, a better attack." Illinois is in for a serious fight at Kyle Field.

19. omega41

omega41 Walk On

I just checked on Adam Robinson who was injured in week one and ouch is all I have to say. But I am HB deep with talent but he will be missed

[​IMG]

20. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Coach Jax was heard talking with his team in the locker room after the teams tough loss to the Illini....

"Men, you should all hold your heads high... This one was not on you.. this loss is on me. I apologize to each and everyone of you, but rest assured gentlemen... We Tigers do not go down quitely.. They will hear our Roar and they will feel our Bite!"

Coach Jax has introduced a brand new Offensive and Defensive scheme this year and the teams inexperience with the system was evident in their first game.

Stay Tuned for more on Tigers T.V

21. MexiRican35

Damn thats a huge lose, especially since he's a senior. There needs to be the injury redshirt added to the game

22. Jayrah

"That's more like it!" read the A&M school newspaper, after the 17-14 win over Illinois.

23. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

OSU fans leaving Reser Stadium, why is Ryan Katz on the bench, and why is Sean Mannion and Chris Perry playing QB over him?

24. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

OSU Coach after the 17-0 victory over ASU, "The Beavers have a defense to be reckon with, Illinois better be ready for the Beavers' pass rush."

25. Cheez

Coach Cheez postgame statement: