Tweet Board 2012: Weeks 13 & 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Any bambino yet Jayrah???

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA becoming big Oregon State fans in Week 13. With Arizona slipping by Oregon last week, this is the last good shot the Wildcats have at losing out on the Rose Bowl. Go Beavers :) Nothing personal Jface!

4. Jayrah

No bambino just yet. Thinking tomorrow to mess up the work schedule. Will know more by 11 am.

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Oregon State QB Ryan Katz is looking to rebound after his horrible game against the Trojans, in his statement to the press "I must be accountable for my actions, I played like shit last week, this week I will make amends."

6. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

The FCC fines ESPN $50,000 for letting the word "shit" be heard on national television. Fathers everywhere must now explain to their sons what someone means when they play like poop.

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Espn needs to be filtering the tweeter quotes before they rebroadcast on the air. Now Ryan Katz will be forever know for the shit-gate scandal of 2012. The amount of pressure on Katz for the uncoming game against Arizona just keeps piling up.

8. gowazzucougs

Oregon State's Coach says forget about the Ryan Katz controversy. He is good kid, and is happy to be getting the chance to play since starter Sean Mannion has been out most of the season.

9. Jayrah

After Blount's incident at rival Oregon only 3 years ago, the Beavers will sadly never live this down. There may be some pretty nasty chants at Autzen when the Beavers visit.

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

The Zoo will be rocking. This is our season baby.............we've had an enormously disappointing season and winning this game will make everything else a little easier to swallow. And we'll be bowl eliglible with a win.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Hey man, I dont want Wazu looking past Arizona! Take care of those Wildcats than worry about the Ducks damn it!

12. gowazzucougs

An emotional Oregon State Coach on Colby Prince after the Arizona game: The kid is just amazing, he just makes big plays. I am proud to have him on this team.

13. gowazzucougs

Oregon State Coach on The Civil War: Of course this is a big game. Whenever you play your in state rival it is going to be a big deal. Oregon has had a down year and will surely be up to play the Beavers. We know this, and will be ready to go. Our goal is to make sure they will spend the holidays at home with their families, while we spend it playing football.

14. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Should be an interesting game.

Oregon's playing to get to 6 wins and a bowl game. Oregon State can't make the Rose Bowl, but can still split the conference title with a win + a USC win.

15. Jayrah

If there was any question left on the Magic controversy, it was answered with a thud last week. The thud of an empty hat that is, after Kyle Mangan and the Aggies came up short in tricks against an overwhelming deck of Horns. The Aggies say "Hello Cotton Bowl" for the 2nd straight year, but don't think they won't find a reason to show up. Embarrassment after losing a 21-0 lead to Ole Miss should really have the Aggies focused.

16. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I contend the Aggies may still infact have magic, but the witch burning pryes surounding the stadium prevented the aggies from attempting any magic while in Austin. Only way to be sure is to see if Kyle mangan floats if we drown him.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Jayrah

Texas may indeed be fined for the comment by an anonymous staff member about Aggies star LB Kyle Mangan, in which they suggested drowning the soon to be award winner, to find out if he is a magician, wizard or witch of some sort. The Texas A&M University Presidents Association and Sports Committee for higher learning has gotten together and is currently grabbing the ear of ESPN, ABC and FOX (due to Cotton Bowl affiliation) to make sure The University of Texas ends up in a cloud of investigations and subsequently a probationary period for the individual who made the outrageous comments. It was suggested that Coach WhyGod or a coaching staff member may have said them himself, but it is highly questionable that a head coach of such high reputation would fall to that level. A preliminary investigation has already been started by UT school officials.

18. Cheez

Coming to the aid of UT, Illinois AD Ron Guenther spoke out on the comments allegedly spoken by a UT staff member:

19. Jayrah

Texas A&M has made it clear that they will not cooperate with any request of investigation by another university. "We will ONLY cooperate with the NCAA and it's immediate subsidiaries, and we have already contacted them. Their response is that they are not active in this absolute private investigation. These universities are acting outside of their parameters and should be reprimanded for their inappropriate actions. If this continues, we will go to the Supreme Court to get action taken against all Universities in this so called "investigation". This is truly discrimination at it's highest level, and we will not address this again unless it has to go to the Justice System." said the attorney for Texas A&M University and its Presidential Council, in a statement to ESPN.

20. gowazzucougs

Since I am an attorney, when did wizards/witches become a protected class in terms of discrimination?

• Like Like x 1
  21. Cheez

This question is addressed to the attorney:

Wouldn't someone need to be a a part of such a protected class (in terms of discrimination) to pursue such legal action? I mean, someone who is not a wizard cannot pursue legal action for being discriminated against for being a wizard, right?

So, for Texas A&M to pursue legal action on this matter, they would need to admit that Mr. Mangan is indeed a wizard.

22. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Press release for Texas AD:

It would appear kyle field has become a site of interest as a hotbed for the dark arts. In the words of Lieutenant Ellen Ripley, "...nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

23. Jayrah

There is such a thing as Human Rights. Also, unless these 2 schools are prepared to test every player in every college and university in the US, it is discrimination. If ever you are singled out without hard evidence by a private and uncertified union, it is discrimination. Learn the law.

24. gowazzucougs

Well I am more familiar with US Constitution and 14th Amendment, and the Equal Rights Act of 1964. To bring any form of discrimination lawsuit under the 14th Amendment and prevail the party must show they are part of a protected class. If you are not the test is rational basis, which means the government must have a rational basis for the classification. Then I realized the NCAA is not the goverment, but would probably be more subject to the ERA, and I don't think wizards/witches are mentioned in the law. So Texas A&M must comply with the investigation.

25. Cheez

Wazzu.. if I ever get in any trouble, I'm calling you haha

Coach Jay, inform Mr. Mangan that his presence is requested at the University of Texas in Austin to measure his weight against that of a duck.