Tweet Board 2012: Weeks 5 & 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

2. Jayrah

Texas A&M heads into week 5 with a golden opportunity, seeing K-State and Iowa State in back to back weeks. Coach Davis spelled it out: "W.I.N. We gotta go do what's necessary to get these games. Don't care how it's done. We can not come away with a loss over the next 2 weeks if we want to be the team we thought we were coming into the season."

3. Jayrah

Aggies are up to 3 signed recruits. Specifics in Recruiting thread.

4. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

This week in practice will be an emphasis on the kicking game, as a 10 point swing off a missed fg in the game against Texas could have led to a Wisconsin win. "Its the little things that are kicking us right now. Luickly, we have a chance to really bounce back in the polls when we play against Iowa this week" - Coach Mexi. No rest for the weary. This will be the Badgers 4th top 25 team to play in 5 games, with 2 more ranked teams looming in the future.

5. Jayrah

The Aggies survived an OT thriller to beat the K-State Wildcats 27-24. For the first 3 quarters it was more of a snoozer, but then the Wildcats forced 2 fumbles and scored on 3 straight possessions to take a 21-14 lead in the final minute before a quick drive tied it.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

K Jeff Locke....missed a 60 yard FG against Cal. I believe he has made at least 4 or 5 from 50 plus this season thus far.

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Austin, Tx-

Week 5 visits went well, 6 targets commit to play for WhyGodWhy and the Texas Longhorns.

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

After the Beavers win over Georgia Beaver DE Andrew Seumalo and DT Castro Masaniai told reporters that Bulldog QB Andy Murray tasted like chicken after they recorded 4 sacks. For the Season Seumalo leads the country with 9 sacks while Masaniai is third with 6.

9. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Kenjon Barner on the stretch of ranked teams on the schedule.

"We know our conference is the best in College Football. It just improves our ranking each time we win."

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA approves this statement!

11. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

The Badgers would like to note that the Big 10 has 4 teams in the top 10 (Ohio St, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Michigan), compared to one in the Pac 10, that being cpu USC.

12. Jayrah

The rankings do not show it yet, but Texas A&M has issued a statement that with the Existing Nat'l Champion Runner Up, and current #1 ranked Longhorns in the conference, the Big 12 is the best conference in college football. There is a league wide belief that the Big 12 will finish with 4 or 5 teams in the top 20 when all is said and done

13. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Couldn't have said it better myself Jay!

14. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Oregon State made a statement defeating #6 TCU 31-30 in Fort Worth. This strengthens the PAC-10's argument for best conference in all of the land.

15. Jayrah

There has always been a gripe against victories vs non-bcs qualifying schools in college football. This is a good win for sure, but an 8-5 Texas A&M team beat the Horned Frogs last season, before losing the Cotton Bowl to Ole Miss

16. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

The Big Ten would like to remind both the Big XII and Pac 10 that they have the reigning national champion and 4 teams currently in the top ten, with Penn State at #12 as well. This would certainly imply that the Big Ten is indeed the top conference in TF: Night Owls :)

Also, it is being reported that Coach Cheez of the Fighting Illini had his wisdom teeth pulled today. All reports say that everything went well in the 20 minute procedure, and he will not miss any time on the sideline. However, 1 reporter speculates he might be enjoying the Vicodin a little too much. This reporter may also be the one who has picked against Illinois each and every single week though. hahaha

17. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Nebraska's coach has played his first no bleeping way game of this season. Texas Tech could not be stopped. Man D...touchdown, Zone D...touchdown, Man blitz...touchdown, Zone blitz...touchdown. They caught everything and couldn't be tackled, and my guys dropped a dozen passes. Also just a terrible match up since my DB's are awful. I had to go play other my game with Michigan and blow out a lowly school just to feel better about myself.

18. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

that's the way my 4th quarter went against Penn state, and my entire game went against Iowa. I dont know if he ever punted.

19. aarondramp

But mine was against the CPU. I haven't lost a CPU game in any of my OD's and in this one I gave up 81.

20. aarondramp

And now my top prospect has committed to UCLA the week before he comes in to visit. FML