Tweets 2013: Week 5 & 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Bruins lose another HB in the ASU game. So we are down to our 2nd and 4th string tailbacks. Didnt matter against the lowly Sun Devils! Hopefully I'll have a full stable of backs once the meat of our schedule comes calling when Oregon State visits the Rose Bowl in 3 weeks.

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Oregon State Coach after the 42-28 win over Stanford: "We played very well, Mannion played outstanding, and I have no idea where Garett Hall came from. Someone needed to step up when Michael Houston went down, and Hall did a terrific job. I will need to tinker with the lineup before next week's game because of Houston's injury but we will be ready to go."

4. Jayrah

Texas A&M Coach Roshaun Pesho-Davis in his post game press conference after a 47-11 pasting by Bama:

"We're frustrated as a staff right now. Nothing that we call is carried out the way we want it carried out by our entire offense or defense on the same play. Always out of position, always blocking the wrong way, making the wrong cuts. We knew the awareness and football savvy was going to be a factor this season with such a young team, but even our older guys are struggling to get in position to make plays. We just gotta coach em up and they gotta get better.

In addition we don't seem very effective or exciting with our style right now, and I don't know if that's due to our playbook or just our execution, probably because it's a combination. That's something I will be watching for the rest of the season. My coaches have got a job to do, and it needs to happen quickly. Our fans and our school expected us to compete for the Big 12, and my expectation are nothing less than winning it. If we can't do that, changes need to be made."

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

The Oregon players have really gotten fired up during the week 5 bye week. The Oregon State coach has publicly called out the Ducks, questioning their meteoric rise to #11 in recent polls. Quietly, coach dakota loves that his counterpart is seemingly more worried about his team than he is his own. And to top it off, the week 6 opponent, the Stanford Cardinal, got a lucky win last year when coach dakota unbelievably missed the game while on a bender in Vegas. To say the players are in a frenzied state would be an understatement.

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

-Austin, TX

After the thrashing Texas took from Ohio St, the team and fans are nervous for their week 5 and 6 meetings with Mizzu and Oklahoma.

7. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Coach Jax was very hasty in his walk off the field tonight, after his Tigers were Manhandled by the Longhorns.. We tried to catch up with him to get his thoughts, but we were unable to catch him.. One thing is for sure, He did not look happy about the outcome...

Stay Tuned

8. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Wisconsin's QB Jon Budmayr has officially changed his last name to Bud. A relief for Coach Mexi as he had problems spelling the name repeatedly throughout the season.

9. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Oregon State Coach's after the win against the Cougs: "The team played well. We got off to good start with Marable breaking off that big run in the first quarter. Then the interception by Reynolds, what a stud. We are going to enjoy next week off, as we prep for the Sun Devils."

10. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Coach Cheez prior to must win game vs. the Hawkeyes:

We're not in a good spot right now. We're about to enter a really important game against a really solid team when we haven't played really good football all year. But if we can limit our turnovers, then maybe we have a shot.

If we continue to average four a game and continue our record setting pace for lowest turnover differential in a season, we will not win this game. But if we get our heads out of our ass - we can win. Look at us this season:

BYU - 5 turnovers: Loss by 5
    Michigan State - 4 turnovers: Loss by 3

We don't play like idiots, we are 3-1. Simple as that

(note, the Illini have committed 16 turnovers in 4 games, while only forcing 2. Their turnover differential is by far the worst in the NCAA, with Kent State and Boston College next in line at -7)

11. Jayrah

In the Post Game Press Conference for Texas A&M Coach Roshaun Pesho-Davis responded to questions about new starting qb Jamielle Showers, who went 12 for 17 with 235 yds, 1 td and 1 int.

"Jamielle is going to give us a better chance to win. Simple as that. You saw today he had a calming effect on the team, even after a very rough sequence. The touchdown to Mike (Golden) was just perfectly thrown. Our sideline went bananas. Before that throw, you could see the look of absolute shock on every face on that sideline."

On the prospect of Alfred Howell moving forward:

"That's our guy of the future we think. We really wanted him to succeed this year, but his confidence is gone after those 3 big losses. We needed a spark, and Jamielle certainly provided it. Took some bad sacks, but he'll learn from those."

12. Cheez

After the game vs. Iowa, Coach Cheez had this to say:

We've been flirting with big wins in the Big Ten dating back to my second game here at the University of Illinois, where we took Wisconsin to overtime. We lost to Penn State by three. We lost to Michigan by three. We played Wisconsin tough again up in their place. This time we finally got over the hump, by beating a really good Iowa team. This team has so much potential, and when we play like we did today we have a chance at beating anyone in the country.

13. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Coach Mexi on the defense:

"We havnt been playing great at all on defense. Ever since the Fresno game were we pitched a shutout, weve given up 33.5 PPG. 33.5!!! As of week 7, were ranked #111 in total defense and #115 against the pass. It's all due to our inability to cover in man. If we cant handle one on one coverage, then we cant blitz the qb the way I want to. I know this secondary is young, with two true sophs, a juco jr and a true freshman, but they really have to step it up. We will not be able to keep our number two ranking like this. The only reason I'm not even more infuriated is the fact that they cause turnovers. Weve caused 17 turnovers, 7 of them which went for scores. Were currently #1 in the nation in turnover differential with +11. Im happy with the turnovers and how it gives us a short field, but I dont want to put all our faith into them. Cause the one game were we cant get a turnover..."

14. Cheez

...something tells me that you wont have that problem vs. Illinois, Mexi haha

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Another week another injury for the Bruins...this time its a big one and a long one. Star LB Trembley gone for 7 weeks. This guy was having a fantastic season and will be missed.