Tweets 2013: Week 7 & 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Oregon State Coach on his bye week: "Things are good in Corvallis, we are ranked 5th in the Coaches' Poll. We are tied for first in the conference. Things are humming along."

3. gowazzucougs

PAC-10 Commissioner on having 4 teams ranked in the Top 10: "YES, WE KNOW HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL ON THE WEST COAST!"

4. Jayrah

Coach Davis in post game press conference:

"So far we've all responded. The coaches are really working hard and our guys are doing what I called them out for not doing 2 and a half weeks ago. It's positive, but we're a long ways from where we can be."

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA got to West Virginia early this week to take a class in moonshine making! Cue the dueling banjo's from Deliverance.

[​IMG]

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Too much moonshine for the Bruins as they must have been seeing double in the red-zone against the Mountaineers, turning the ball over 3 times and letting one get away in Morgantown.

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

3-3-5 teams can be tricky since you don't see it much.

8. gowazzucougs

Oregon State Coach statement for Week 8: "The bye week was good for the team, however we are ready to get back to work. One last tune up until the big game against UCLA."

9. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

It seems as though the magic spells have returned, as everyone in the nation has amnesia over a game between the Illini and Boston College. NCAA officials have no leads on how this happened, or so they say...

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

It was a re-run...I think Doug Flutie was QB or something like that [​IMG]

11. Jayrah

If memory serves Texas A&M officials correctly, then Illinois, and the Big 10 in particular, was at the forefront of the scandal investigation last season that pitted former star Kyle Mangan as a magician or warwick or something. Needless to say they are not at all pleased with the Big 10's lack of interest in their own schools last season, especially since this has been brought back up this weekend. "We demand a thorough investigation, and we will not be satisfied with any given results unless we are involved in said investigation". They have however stated that if all of the alleged charges against their former player are dropped, they are willing to look no further into any other school's non-field related events, and even though this is a direct incident they would not request to be involved.

12. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Coach Cheez on the allegations brought forth by Coach Jayrah and Texas A&M University:

13. Jayrah

Coach Davis in post game press conference:

On teams performance in the 31-3 blowout of KSU:

"Still some areas I would really like to get better in. Mainly protection. Our qb hits the ground way too much for a guy that we try to keep under 20 attempts a game. Overall, obviously a good performance. It was nice to really put it on someone."

On rushing game as of late:

"Oh yeah that's what we're doing really well. It's where we excel! Attack, attack, attack!"

On top 25 ranking:

"Not sure we've earned that this season. It's nice to be considered here and I gotta say there's been times in the past couple years where I felt we deserved it and weren't getting in. I think it's mostly a tribute to how our past teams have put us in a recognizable position. Far as I'm concerned though, THIS year's team has yet to earn anything. We have some excellent chances to do just that, but we're still growing up, so we'll see where it all pans out."