Tweets 2013: Week 9 & 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

2. Jayrah

**Coach Davis on the national article that was posted earlier in the day and the accusations of Coach Cheez @ the University of Illinois:

"Speaking in terms of the University of Illinois as a whole, we can't control what they say. First they call our players wizards, and now they are calling me the Father of Wizardry (chuckling dryly). This is clearly a case of blackballing without facts. This is not a 'misprint' in a local paper, as ours was last season. Nor is it the first time, or we the only school that Coach Cheez has driven the magic bus around too. If we look back to last season in the week of the incident a local paper said Coach Cheez also believes that magic was used in the overtime period of last year's Wisconsin vs. Illinois game, and may pursue action to challenge the result of that loss as well.

So where is Coach Cheez getting his facts? Because I don't think he has any. He throws around a suspicion of magic at Texas A&M, then he throws it at Wisconsin, then he suggests the whole NCAA is involved. None of that is fact. Except the fact that he admits that the game last weekend was aired twice. This can only mean that I am getting blamed for something that would have to be viewed as magic, and he is using our situation last season, which he helped blow out of proportion, as a crutch to keep his school from being investigated. That our institution, which has always been at the forefront of the Ethical, American spirit in collegiate sports, is being lambasted with these accusations is utterly criminal.

**On the statement about sending Coach Davis to South American prison:

"In today's world, there is no room for racism! I sincerely hope he doesn't know that I'm black. At least he'll have a limited excuse for that highly inappropriate statement. With all that chatter about how great the university is up there and what a 'great' reputation they have, I would expect a more candid statement. Going back to last season again, the University of Illinois made a clear statement about the character of their coach that quotes: The University of Illinois is considering taking legal action against Coach Jayrah and Texas A&M University for this libelous statement which has defamed Coach Cheez, an honest, hard working man who embraces everything the University of Illinois stands for.

Due to the nature of the statement in question, I am not at all sure Coach Cheez knows what his school stands for, or that he is also representing an entire Native American Tribe, of which their views would not possibly support this selfishness. I am also not sure Illinois knows what they have for a coach. I will say this, We here at Texas A&M University do not, nor have we ever condoned magic, racism or anything outside of the bounds of the NCAA rules to accomplish winning, whether it be winning a game or winning over the media. Much less tarnishing any other team or conference. He says the game was seen. So it was seen. However I, nor anyone here at Texas A&M University, are involved in this spoof in any capacity other than my name being thrown around by a coach that is in denial about his own involvement, but has no other way to deflect the attention. If you infer anything else based on fact alone, you're crazy."

**On Coach Cheez's naming of Coach Davis as Coach Jayrah:

"Does he know my name? Haha, it's an old rapper name I go by as well. I have multiple skills. Right now I'm running a football program, but I can hit a beat too." (What kind of music?) "Gospel Rap. I am a very spiritual man, but in the conventional sense, not the magical sense, because I know you'll take it there!"

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Coach Cheez responds to Coach "Jayrah"

I would first like to apologize to the University of Wisconsin and Coach Mexi for dragging them into this mess last year. Coach Mexi runs a terrific program up there, and I in no way should have involved them in this mess. I truly do regret insinuating that he may have used magic in the battle we had two years ago.

There was no "misprint" last year. It was clearly a Freudian slip when Mr. Davis called Mr. Mangan a classroom - signifying that he was indeed a wizard. From that point, the University of Illinois has taken a strong stance against the use of wizardry, magic, and the like in any form. The board of trustees, the alumni, the faculty of the college, and myself all find what Mr. Davis is doing in College Station, TX appalling, and there needs to be a stop to it. From here, there has been a steady case of backtracking and hiding. In the event that Texas A&M were ever cleared of all wrongdoing, we would offer a full apology for all actions stemming forth from the original incident.

In regards to the South American prison comment, I stand by it 100%. There was no racial motivation behind it, other than the fact that Mr. Davis's treachery most certainly cannot be contained in even the best detention facilities in North America. I would like to say that I am deeply offended that Mr. Davis would insinuate that I am a racist. I am no such thing, and my players as well as anyone in the community of Champaign-Urbana who knows me would corroborate that fact.

The University of Illinois would also like me to note that until today, legal action against Mr. Davis and Texas A&M University had been suspended. In light of the newest allegations and the libelous comments made by Mr. Davis on behalf of Texas A&M, the university will reassess their decision about bringing forth charges.

Unlike Texas A&M, we at the University of Illinois open our doors to the NCAA investigation. We will not hide, but stand tall in the face of the tyranny that is being represented by Texas A&M, and we implore other universities to do the same in order to rid the NCAA of something that threatens to ruin all of collegiate athletics.

If Texas A&M were to open their doors to an NCAA investigation and were found to have committed no wrong doings whatsoever, the University of Illinois would offer a full apology to both Texas A&M and Mr. Davis in particular. This was the offer last year, and they chose not to accept. We anticipate a response to our request for a full investigation in the near future.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Wow, its getting deep in here.

In other news, Oregon State visits UCLA in a key Pac10 match up this week. Should be a good one!

5. Cheez

Im really enjoying how the "voice of the NCAA" is just sidestepping the whole thing hahaha

6. Cheez

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

The University of Illinois is no longer in last place in turnover differential.

Illinois (-11) has been surpassed by both Toledo (-12), and Rutgers (-13)

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You don't want the "voice of the NCAA" getting involved. Bad things will happen! Roger Goodell things!

8. Cheez

If Roger Goodell things happen... can Coach "Davis" be James Harrison?

Coach Cheez on his upset win over Penn State

9. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

On reference to Wisconsin using magic:

"I have no clue how magic works. Never read a lick of a Harry Potter book in my life. We've checked our players for broomsticks, potions, etc., and have found nothing that resembles anything magic related at all."

10. Jayrah

2nd press conference of the week:

**Coach Roshaun Pesho-Davis on investigation:

"Good God can we talk about the game?

Ok I'll address it once more. Last season I was not even under siege for direct magic, it was our player. But just now we are getting additional goats to sacrifice because they know if they don't, they will be found guilty of Falsification. Go back and look at the print. We are and always have been open to a full investigation from the NCAA. The suggested investigations of last season were privately funded and powered by another University. The NCAA, neither then, nor now, wants to be involved in wasting their time with the bogus charges against the University of Texas A&M. It's obvious we are not involved, and the powers that be know this.

All that we know is that there was admission of Magic, and then there was blame cast forth on us. Since we are not involved, the only result we can concur is that indeed there is magic. And we think there is a connection to the trick and the accuser. You can have whatever view you want."

**Coach on racial profiling and North American jails:

"Very real thing. I did not say that Coach Cheez is a racist. I said there is no room for racism in the world today, and I said we don't condone racism or magic. I called his statements selfish and inappropriate. Yes, I meant to infer more towards racial profiling than anything else. You have to be careful what you say. Coaches have been fired for far less.

And I don't understand all of this hubub about North American prisons. To me it sounds like he's wanting me sent away to Azkaban or something. He must know something about South America that I don't. You can take that where you will, but he must know something about magic to know that a South American prison can hold it."

**On Coach Cheez's future:

"I don't think he believes this, but I wish the best to him and his program, even though he has dragged ours down over the past year and a half with allegations pertaining to our University. I hope he is not involved in this scandal and that soon we can find the truth of what happened, and that the truth is a prank. I've never believed in magic myself, from a real world standpoint, and especially in sports. I do think he's been watching too much Harry Potter, and maybe some Star Wars reruns. You can role the print back to the National Coach Box for reference on that.

Now can we talk about our Game?"

11. Cheez

4th statement of the week:

Coach Cheez in regards to magic:

My opinion is the same as it has always been. There is no room for magic in collegiate athletics, and Texas A&M seems the most likely culprit behind the shenanigans due to their propensity to recruit wizards. It has, however, come to my attention that Mr. Mangan was not recruited by Coach Davis, but rather former Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman. At his previous job, as head coach of the Green Bay Packers, he was known to be a little out there. So it is feasible that Coach Davis had nothing to do with the recruitment of Mr. Mangan.

With that said, he still refuses to acknowledge that a wizard may have been on his team, and that's where I believe the issue between myself and Coach Davis stems from. If he were honest and open about the whole issue, as he says he is, then this would have blown over long ago and be a non-issue. From there, I think that we could have a very good professional relationship where we collaborate on the best methods to take down Missouri (our rival, their conference foe).

I would like to extend an apology to Coach Davis for two things, however. He did bring up a point in his latest press conference: he was not under direct siege last year. He is absolutely 100% correct on that fact. Now, this leaves either two possibilities:
    1). Mr. Mangan taught him a few things
    2). Mike Sherman is framing him
    Both possibilities are equally likely, and it is very unlikely that proof will come to light proving either to be true or false. If more proof were to come to light that he was using magic in any capacity, myself and the University of Illinois will be shouting from the rooftops that it gives Texas A&M a competitive advantage, and that it should be outlawed by the NCAA. Furthermore, I believe that there was simply a misunderstanding with the "racism" meanings. I was not attempting to racially profile. What is fairly well known is that South American prisons simply are not as hospitable as North American ones... and that environment would be more fitting for a someone who lies and cheats.

Coach Davis does not belong in a prison of any kind, and is attempting to show himself as a class act by extending the olive branch. I wish to accept, on the condition that any magic that may or may not be occurring at his university ceases immediately. I am deeply remorseful for sullying his name over the past year, and wish that we could establish a professional relationship between two of the great coaches in the NCAA.

12. Jayrah

There was the sound of ovation around the campus of Texas A&M University on Friday evening, as SportsCenter aired the statements from Illinois that could potentially put the University, and in particular Coach Davis, back in fresh air, after a swirling storm of criticism that seemed to be over last season had re-arisen over the past couple weeks. Coach Davis addressed the media for, what he hopes will be the last time on the subject:

"If we had a Wizard on our team, it is definitely news to us. I don't personally believe in Wizards, so if we had a magician on the team that's also news to us. I guess I just don't see it being relevant, because so often we hear an announcer or coach or player or whomever talk about 'magical seasons' or 'special players' or 'coaching gurus' or 'unnatural athletes', and nobody thinks anything of it. I guess in this case it is possible that there are magicians all over college sports. But more likely is a player or coach who is really, really, really good at what they do. We believe that was Kyle. He won an award, and we accidentally called him a classroom instead of learner of the classroom. He didn't even set any ncaa records...what kind of magician is that? He was just really good and deserved recognition without having to worry about being interrogated.

Coach Cheez and the University of Illinois have probably been just as unfairly treated by myself as I feel we have been. It's time to move forward. We are happy to be in the position we are finally in to be able to put this silly thing behind us. We can now focus on the rest of the season and wish them the best of luck moving forward as well. Until we play again that is.

By the way, my kids have a game tomorrow."

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

So we're settled, Roger doesnt need to step in? I was going to have our resident lawyer mediate this situation for the NCAA but it looks like you guys came to an agreement for the time being.

14. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Oregon State Coach after the loss to UCLA: "I got to give credit to UCLA, their defense made Mannion play bad. We put too much emphasis on the pass, and stopped giving the ball the Marable. We had our chances several times to take the lead, but we blew it with costly turnovers. We need more balance in this offense, I promise things will get better next week."

When a reporter asked if the team talked too much trash during the week, OSU Coach's had this to say: "I AM A MAN! THEY ARE KIDS, DON'T ATTACK THEIR JUDGMENT! YOU CAN ATTACK MINE, BECAUSE I AM A MAN."

15. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

-Tweet from David Reid Texas 4th string HB:

Its official the LongHorn backups are the second best team in the big 12!

16. Jayrah

LOL Well....about the magic thing we did....

17. MexiRican35

Coach Mexi:

Is this the same defense I was criticizing two weeks ago? Back to back shutouts?!?!?! Thats the kind of effort and results I like to see out of this team.

18. Cheez

Wazzu would be a great mediator... since the University of Illinois has him on retainer.

19. Cheez

Tweet from Tate Forcier in response:

Makes me wonder where the starters are ranked, since Ohio State beat the holy hell out of Texas

20. MexiRican35

Zing! Big 10 represent.

21. Jayrah

Coach Davis on performance from Texas A&M:

That....was heart-stopping! I think we let all the media crap get to us this week. Right away we shot ourselves in the foot and ya know we're down 14-zip 2 minutes in. Credit to the guys for coming back, but we gotta find something to run vs the spread. Holy grief their frickin' tight ends had a field day and we allowed way too many 3rd down conversions. Thank God for the turnovers.

And credit to Iowa State, they attacked us all day and we didn't expect anything like that.

22. MexiRican35

Coach Mexi on the Illinois game:

"Obviously, they have a great QB in Forcier. He's fourth in the nation in qb rating, and our man coverage has been suspect at times this season. We are going to have to get pressure on Forcier with our front four, without blitzing. Also, he has one of the most feared pass rushers in DE Buchanan, who has a 12 sacks on the year. Our O-line hasnt been great in pass protection, so were gonna need to get the ball out quick to Ducky, who on his part, needs to be open quick. Coach Cheez is making the Illini more than just a pushover team, something I overlooked as a coach the first time we played. He never fails to mention the OT win we had in Champaign of how he 'almost' knocked off Wisconsin. He has dreams of a Rose Bowl. We have dreams of a national title. I feel my dreams are a little bit bigger. We cant have any letdowns."

23. Jayrah

Coach Davis on pregame radio show:

"We have to go out and prove that we are getting better today. The pollsters are not impressed with our past 4 wins, and neither am I. We need to put it together this week and have it all going heading into Norman."

24. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Oregon State Coach: "Whew, . . . that was a close one. We got to play better next week, or we are definetely going to lose to Arizona."

25. Cheez

Coach Cheez on the loss to Wisconsin:

It's tough. They're the #2 team in the country, and we had them on the ropes at home... again. We won the turnover battle, and the defense played real well for 3 quarters. Just need to finish. This team lacked a killer instinct, which is something Coach Mexi and his team showed in the fourth quarter today. Now we have to get ready for another tough game in Columbus. It will be my first time meeting Coach Mboda, but we're looking forward to the challenge.