Tweets 2014: Weeks 1, 2 & 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Something looks different about the logo.....

3. Jayrah

I know isnt it COOL!!!!?????

4. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

I like it... Well Done!

5. Jayrah

Coach Davis in his Monday morning press conference:

"We always have our sights on the Big 12. Always. This year I think we have a very good chance to take it, if we can run the ball all season. Run, run, run. We don't need anything great out of our passing game, just solid and no to's. We saw what kind of a chance it gives us against UCLA.

DJ had a good game for his first time at wide. We expect him to be a playmaker all year. Part of our thoughts on bringing in (Pitts OC) was to get more variety to our style of play, so that we can get our playmakers the ball. No doubt DJ is a playmaker.

Mister had just a monster game. We expect he'll continue that behind our line. We're really good there, and like I said, we'll continue to count on them.

The defense had a good game, actually. We had some lapses but we did force 2 ints, and got quite a bit of pressure. Where I'm disappointed is in our Safety play. They've got to do better at getting depth. We started out wanting them up closer to the line because we felt like UCLA was going to try and pound it, and nickel and dime us. We shut that down, which I was pleased with. They saw that and started going over the top, and we just never adjusted. We tried to, but we didn't do a good enough job. It's going to be more situational than in the past with our defensive aggression. My coaching staff really needs to do a good job of switching up the aggression of our coverages throughout the game. It's something we normally don't worry about, but we lack the speed to just let our guys play one way.

We'll get there. We just gotta stick to our plan."

6. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Coach Mexi on the Oregon game - "Id be lying if I said i wasnt concerned over the Ducks offense. They have a hell of a guy at QB with Bennett, who can do damage in the air or on the ground. The key to the game is to keep them from getting to the edge, where their speed will take over if they get there. We want them to make plays inside the hashes. This should limit any big plays over 20 yards, and should force them to make plays on third down. We had some success playing against an offense like this last season, so well have to dig deep into the playbook once again."

7. Cheez

Coach Cheez on the 31-12 win over BYU

8. Cheez

Coach Cheez on Illinois achieving their first top 25 ranking (#25) since Week 5 of the 2008 season:

9. mboda

mboda Walk On

Ohio State is ready for their first game of the season against Bama!

10. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Oregon State: Looks to rebound after their devastating loss to Florida by going on the road to Missouri. At the moment it is unclear who will be the starting quarterback, and the Beavers fired their offensive coordinator after 1 week. It looks like there is turmoil in Corvallis.

11. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Mizzou has also fired their OC after week 1.. Thinks should be interesting against the visiting Beavers...

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA's coach recchem hates bye weeks and working late...sorry for the lack of posts lately. Gonna be a busy few months of work for me but we will press on! Looking forward to our week 4 trip to Corvallis!