Tweets 2014: Weeks 10, 11 & 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

2. Jayrah

Coach Davis on upcoming game vs the Sooners:

"Normally, this would be the spot where I would joke about 4th quarter magic from last week and we will be confident and play better.....blah blah blah bullcrap!

But we all know I won't speak magic. We also all know that Oklahoma will not hear of any comebacks on them of such proportion. We'd better play better than we have been. Or it's gonna be a quick trip to reality for our team in the next few weeks."

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

A quick trip to reality.... from Hogwarts.

All I read in the game recap was "blah blah blah we casted a spell on Baylor so they fell apart blah blah blah abra cadabra!

Rumors are starting to swirl about a mascot change after a swarm of white rabbits filled the Aggie sidelines. Texas A&M Bunny Rabbits - has a nice ring to it

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Oregon State Coach on the status of Sean Mannion: It appears Mannion may be back on the field next week against ASU. He will be a welcome addition to the team again.

5. Jayrah

Coach Davis on the decision to take the ball out of Jones's hands near the end of the game on the 1 yard line, on 4th down.

"Stupid. Best running back in the country and we don't even give him a shot from a foot away to win the game for us. Stupid. I can't believe that we made that call. Wow. I'm going to have a sleepless week."

6. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Coach Cheez Postgame Press Conference

Reporter: What happened on that last drive of the game?
    Cheez: They made plays and we didn't. It was that simple.

Reporter: It appeared as though Millines didn't attempt to make a play on the third down play before your field goal. Had he made the catch, he likely cruises into the endzone. Any comments on that?
    Cheez: Darius played hard all game. He'll make it next time.

Reporter: How has team changed during the 3 game losing streak?
    Cheez: You tell me. Everyone is quick to point out that we are falling apart. Well, we just came up to one of the most hostile environments in the country and came within an inch, literally, of taking the #1 ranked team to overtime. We were, as the previous reporter stated, one play from winning the game. The guys played their hearts out, and it's god damned shame that you all come here to criticize them. These kids are phenominal athletes, but because they've lost three games to three equally talented teams they are slumping. And I say equally talented teams because there is not a game in the last three that was not winnable. We could've beaten UCLA if we made plays in the redzone. We should've beaten Penn State. And we all saw that we were right there with the best team in the country! Next question.

Reporter: Do you feel magic had anything to with Wisconsin's game-winning field goal?
    Cheez: <slams fist into table> **** Magic and **** the accusations! Now, I'm going to go focus on Ohio State. In case you hadn't heard, they beat us by 52 points last year.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You wont need him against ASU...sit him and give him another week to get healthy :)

8. gowazzucougs

Don't worry he didn't play. Mannion was not ready yet

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas has already begun the FleXbox One coaching seach for 2015. Which is bad news for the 2 slower returning QBs who will be passed over on the depth chart.

10. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

There's a bit of a QB controversy after the Penn St win in Madison. Livingston has been erratic in his throwing lately. Backup Herron has come in and made some nice looking plays, but these are usually when the game is out of hand. "I like what he can do in the option game, and he makes good throws in practice. He just seems to have a problem right now translating it to the actual game. As of right now, he is the starter going into the Iowa game. But the leash is getting shorter."

In other news, Jean has taken over both kick and punt returning roles. "I cant believe I didnt start this guy out earlier. Ive been making some bad decision making this season. It sucks that he's a senior, so he only has 3 games to showcase his ability. But these next 3 games will be the biggest of his career."

11. Jayrah

Aggies Coach Davis on importance of a win this year against the Longhorns:

"It's going to effect recruiting in a big way I think. We really need to show young kids in this state and surrounding area that we can be a BCS school, and the #1 team in the state. We need to do that. We have to do that. We want to do that. On top of that, our current group of kids wants this game in the worst way. They'll use this week to get focused on their assignments, and we'll be back with hopefully our best football next weekend."

12. gowazzucougs

Oregon State Coach on the status of Sean Mannion: "I hope he comes back this week, the team is ready for its leader."

13. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

The Good News:

#4 Texas should climb in the polls after beating the undefeated #5 FSU.

The Bad News:

The 2 biggest playmakers/Award contenders are hurt going into the biggest games of the season.

14. gowazzucougs

Oregon State Coach after the debacle in Berkley: " . . . Probably should have pulled Mannion when he broke his hand, but I said it fuck it. He is the team's best player and leader. However it just didn't happen."

15. Jayrah

Coach Davis on Texas injury situation:

"It's too bad for that young man. He was having a huge season. This is a fortunate break for us, but we still have to go out and play a tremendous game defensively, even with their 2 playmakers out. And our offense has to hold he ball. There's just no way we're good enough to 'get by' in a game like this. We'll have to dominate the game just to win by a field goal!

Also it's been said that Texas' backups would still be the best team in the Big 12. We'll get to see that play out a little bit here. But the real challenge is in the line. Our O line needs to really come off the ball well. They got dominated and overpowered by this group last season and they took it personally. They need to prove themselves."

16. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

You have some of the worst luck man.

17. gowazzucougs

He broke his hand twice

18. dakota7

That's just ridiculous.

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Tell him to use his other hand, jeez :p

20. dakota7

The stranger?

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

What you need to do wazzu is have a bunch of average QB's, like UCLA. That way when one gets injured, the next guy is just about the same. Its no big deal. Great strategy, right?

22. gowazzucougs

That will be my strategy next season