Tweets 2014: Weeks 4, 5 & 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

2. Jayrah

Texas A&M Post Game Press Conference quotes.

Coach Jayrah: (On the drive to give the Aggies the late lead)

"That kickoff return was the reason we have him (Mr. Jones) back there, he's our lightning rod. After that we were going to Mister on that drive no matter the consequence. Would have gone with him on 4th down there, but he understandably needed a breather."

(On defensive effort)

"Our defense really played well again. I am so pleased that we're forcing to's this season. 3 interceptions is big for our production. And then they stepped up and held for those field goals when we kept turning the ball over. That was huge. If they score even one of those as touchdowns, we're not able to win this game."

Qb Alfred Howell: (On defense)

"They really came through today. Saved my butt big time!"

(On Jones)

I believe he went for 166 and 2 more touchdowns today, against the #8 team in the nation. We really count on him every game. He's got to be an early Heisman Candidate. He's got to be!"

Rb Mister Jones: (On kick return)

"I just made a move. We needed a play, and thankfully the coaching staff puts me in every position to make one. I dropped 2 punts today so I did more harm than good in the return game, but luckily I got a chance to redeem myself."

(On tds and Heisman Race)

The tds were academic. My line is the best I've had. We've really gelled. The Heisman will take care of itself. Would I like to be in the race, sure. But this is about my team right now. Winning is the most important thing. I want to be a winner before any other stuff."

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Ah beautiful Corvallis! Looking forward to pounding some Beavers!

• Like Like x 1
  4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Oregon State Coach on this week's game against UCLA: "This is must win. . . UCLA is the two time defending PAC-10 Champions, for us to be taken seriously as a PAC-10 contender we must beat them. "

Oregon State Coach on the play of Tyler Johnson; "Tyler played well in his first game against Missouri. He did some things well. One thing to look for as we go against UCLA is to establish a running game. That is something that has been missing the past two weeks."

5. gowazzucougs

Oregon State Coach on Week 5 and 6: "The scheduling committee decided the Beavers needed a two week break, that is also why we must win this game. I don't want to be steaming about a loss as I go on a two week vacation to Hawaii."

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA Coach on this weeks game in Corvallis against the Beavers

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA Senior HB Malcolm Jones on this weeks game:

8. Jayrah

There it is! Malcolm Jones giving the ole' bulletin board a workout!

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Had to get a little somethin' going [​IMG]

10. gowazzucougs

Oregon State Coach after the victory over UCLA: "The win feels AWESOME! I am going on a vacation for the next two weeks!

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA Coach after the loss @ Oregon State

12. Jayrah

Aggie Media Relations Control has issued an official statement on the Jones TD run against WVU (seen in top plays) in which some strange happenings may have taken place:

"The angle of the cameras on the replay makes it very difficult to decipher whether or not there are shadows that actually get involved with the scene. If there was any magic in that play, or in that game, it was from inside of Morgantown, and unintentionally brought onto the field. We retain that we do not currently have, nor have we ever been aware of having magicians on this team, in this school's history."

13. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

The University of Illinois' response to the latest evidence of wizardry coming out of Texas A&M's program:

Texas A&M has once again put the sport of college football in a bad position by committing heinous acts of wizardry on the football field. There is no place in this sport for these kinds of shenanigans. With that in mind, the University of Illinois will be requesting that Texas A&M perform some disciplinary action against the player in question. Furthermore, we find it reprehensible that a coach would stoop so low as to cheat to win a football game. Texas A&M should be ashamed of themselves for leaving the coach on the staff after the first incident. After a second, we believe that the likes of Coach Jayrah are no longer suitable for NCAA Football. We request that Texas A&M terminate his contract immediately, with cause, in an attempt to show that they do respect the sport.

On our side, we have fired athletic director Ron Guenther for scheduling a match with Texas A&M. We at the University of Illinois do not want any part of their treachery, and feel deceived for scheduling them under the pretenses that magic would not be used. An appeal has been made to the NCAA scheduling committee to have them removed from our schedule, but has been denied.

The University of Illinois' deepest regrets go out to the University of West Virginia, who was the victim of this atrocity. We wish them well the rest of the season, and we will support them if they refuse to not acknowledge the "loss".

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Its all building up to the "Magic Bowl"!!!!

15. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Coach Mexi pregame comments:

"Were gonna have to shut down their passing game, even though they have a great backfield. We'll throw in some new coverages to try to confuse their QB. This game is a huge step towards our goal of a championship."

16. Jayrah

The Texas A&M U coaching staff has been wondering which player they should discipline, since at least 3 different players saw this happen on the replay.

The Aggie school board has voted against firing the Coach for this incident. President Dr. R. Bowen Loftin addressed local and national media earlier this evening:

"There is absolutely no evidence of foul play here (the play in question). Nor has there ever been in the tenure of Coach Davis (Jayrah), any foul or unfair play. This is nothing that inhibits the integrity of the sport. Colors changing on our pants did not affect the outcome of the play. However, after talking with Coach, we will enforce disciplinary actions. All 3 players will be suspended for the 1st quarter of the Illinois game, to show that we do take our sport seriously, and to appease Coach Cheez, whom we hold in the highest regard as an ambassador of our sport through the coaching position. I am sorry for Mr Guenther's dismissal at the University of Illinois, but that was the decision of the Illinois board and had nothing to do with our decision for our players."

17. Cheez

10 more weeks, and then "The Aftermath" hahaha

18. Cheez

Coach Cheez on the win at Pitt:

Coach Cheez on Texas A&M:

19. Cheez

Press Release by University of Illinois President Michael J. Hogan:

20. Jayrah

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have no idea which way you went with the President's press release.... It's confusing.

21. Jayrah

Friday morning Coach Davis spoke on his team's unfolding story, and the comments that Illinois wish their players to play all 4 qtrs in week 14 but also want a stiffer punishment:

"We are a stellar University. A classy University. We never budge on punishments. However this case is a fragile one, and a very unique one. We thought that if we made the suspension stick for the week 14 game, Illinois and the NCAA committees would be pleased, but apparently we aren't forthcoming enough on our stance against this fallacy. We are not in the belief that Magic exists in our sport today. The Illinois board continues to say "this is the second time there's been evidence", but that's not true because there was never a first time. A slip of the tongue was the only "evidence". And we believe our current incident to be a camera glitch, as we never saw this happen during the play as we watched it live. But we are where we are.

President Loftin and I spoke again this morning, and we have decided to appease the NCAA committee and Illinois with their wish of a stiffer punishment, in the hope that the future of our program not be marred by this. We are suspending all 3 of the involved players for the incident for a game. The game will be this weekend against Texas Tech. In other words they will not see the field. Though they will dress and participate in warm ups. They will however play the entire game in week 14, as per Illinois request.

We hope that we never have to deal with this again, but we are under a lot of eyes and scrutiny right now. It's merely a distraction and a test of character. We have capable backups and they will step in and play a vital role in the outcome of tomorrow's outcome. We will need to focus on execution and not turning the ball over."

22. Cheez

Postgame News Conference:

Reporter 1: Coach Cheez, what do you think about the self-imposed penalties Texas A&M levied on themselves?

Reporter 2: Have you been in communication with Coach Davis since the incident occured?

Reporter 3: Why is it that you do not want magic in football?

Reporter 4: Congrats on the win today, coach.
    Reporter 5: Do you hate magic in general, or just in football?

23. Cheez

The University of Illinois has released this statement:

We appreciate Texas A&M's compliance with these serious allegations. Hopefully, we can all move past this and have a great game Week 14.

24. gowazzucougs

Oregon State Coach on Vacation: "Where is my drink??? I need more alcohol."

• Like Like x 1
  25. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Coach Mexi in Norman postgame comments:

"Our defense did what they had to do. We knew they were gonna get yards and make plays via the passing game. There's just no logical way to complete shut down that high powered offense. But we were able to force key interceptions when we needed to make plays. Cox did an amazing job of jumping a route and taking it to the house. And we made them one dimensional by taking away the run. It's kinda funny, cause last year our offense had to bail out or D, but this time its the defense helping out the offense."