TWIT Week 10

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Mogriffjr, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    TWIT Week 10

TOP 25
    1- TENNESSEE (8-0)- Tennessee is moving along and is firmly entrenched as the top team in the nation until proven otherwise
    2- NORTH CAROLINA (7-0)- UNC's climb to the top has been easy as they have started out with a high ranking and have played excellent throughout the year
    3- GEORGIA TECH (9-0)- GT takes out rival Clemson but fails to jump over UNC. Could a ACC final of GT/UNC be looming?

4- MICHIGAN (6-1)
    5- AUBURN (6-1)- Auburn is seemingly never out of it...they always sneak back into the title picture late into the season.
    6- PENN STATE (6-1)
    7- ALABAMA (7-1)- Losing to Tennessee hurts the Tide a lot but they still have an outside shot of being in the national title.
    8- FLORIDA STATE (7-1)- FSU has a HUGE matchup looming against Clemson and with coach Cole on vacation, they have the upper hand.
    9- VIRGINIA TECH (6-2)- Look who's trying to climb back into the field of being prevalent again! VT's running attack has given them a bit better results this time around.

10- OKLAHOMA (6-1)
    11- GEORGIA (6-2)- UGA's win over Florida puts them within reach of the top 10.
    12- WISCONSIN (7-2)
    13- LSU (7-2)- In the tough SEC, LSU's been climbing up this steep hill for years...they seemingly can't get over the hump that is the Auburn Tigers.
    14- FLORIDA (6-2)- That tough loss to UGA dropped them 5 spots to 13.

15- CALIFORNIA (5-1)
    16- TROY (7-0)- the only other undefeated team left but they've had to climb too far up for them to be serious title contenders, ala how USF was last season.
    17- CLEMSON (6-3)- After being a serious contender before the season, their coach has been bi-polar as alumni wonder if coach Cole's heart is into it this season as they already have 3 losses after winning the ACC title last year.
    18- LOUISVILLE (6-1)
    19- OKLAHOMA STATE (7-1)
    20- NEBRASKA (6-3)
    21- TEXAS (7-2)
    22- USC (5-2)
    23- IOWA (4-3)
    24- MICHIGAN STATE (7-1)
    25- CONNECTICUT (4-2)
    MIAMI (4-5) - Losing Coach Juggs for half their season has hurt the program as these Hurricanes haven't been able to put together a good solid gameplan under interim headcoach Luggs.

USER GAMES
    #11 GEORGIA (7-2)- 48 @ #14 FLORIDA (6-3)- 28
    See game recap here- http://traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14619

#7 ALABAMA (8-1)- 41, #13 LSU (7-3)- 20
    See game recap here- http://traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14635

#2 NORTH CAROLINA (7-0) @ #8 FLORIDA STATE (7-1)

---The winner of this matchup is going to the ACC title game to face Georgia Tech. UNC has been riding high all season with wins over Clemson within the division and Miami outside their ACC division. UNC is battle tested and they do what it takes to win. Their playmaker RB Dustin Clancy will not suit up in this game and not having their best player should hurt a team like UNC. But UNC is so use to not having Clancy on the field that some say they play better without him. UNC can spread the ball around to an array of options via the passing game and can rely on a stable of RB's led by SO-RB Marcus Kerr. FSU meanwhile has some big time playmakers and none are bigger and better than 6'6" WR Rodney Smith. The two way player already has 1119 yards receiving and 14TD's and he averages 139.9 yards a game. UNC simply has to do what it takes to get the ball out of his hands because he's FSU best playmaker. What will make things difficult for UNC though is FSU will be returning SR-RB Lonnie Pryor, who missed some time due to injury. UNC should want this game to be under 30 while FSU would like to bring this game up to the 40-50 point range. It will be a battle to see who's gameplan can win out in the end.

MIAMI (4-5) @ #9 VIRGINIA TECH (6-2)
    ---The Hurricanes badly need their coach back in the trenches as the gameplan for them has been poorly constructed by interim coach Luggs. SO-QB Adam Francis has been seen running the option lately in some games with his flee of foot speed of 62. He has been struggling this year, as he's about to match his INT total from last year of 18 (has 16 this year). While Francis is throwing for more yards (323.3) without coach Juggs there and the lack of playmakers on offense, Francis has struggled. He'll be going up against a VT defense that has played better this year at least passing wise, (ranked #76 in the nation which is a step up). SR-RB Nubian Peak has been stellar as he's on everyone's heisman ballot. He's setting all types of records in Blacksburg as opposing teams have had a helluva time stopping him. Miami's run defense is horrid (111th in the nation) so expect Peak to be the focal point of this offense.

OTHER USER GAMES
    MISSISSIPPI STATE (2-5) @ #1 TENNESSEE (8-0)- Tennessee should rout the Rebels at home.
    NOTRE DAME (2-5) @ #3 GEORGIA TECH (9-0)- I swear ND has had a murderous schedule, giving people the though that Brian Kelly's job maybe in jeopardy. There have been rumors that ND would love to have Coach Moreecemos come in and turn this program around.
    #5 AUBURN (6-1) @ UL MONROE (3-5)- Auburn will take care of UL Monroe easily.

HEISMAN WATCH
    - 1. SR-RB Orwin Smith (GT)- 214car, 1328yds, 29TD's, 33rec, 620yds, 6TD's---Smith is the GT offense. He lines up at WR, he's getting a ton of carries in the run game. Without Smith's power and speed, who knows where GT will be. So far, Smith is looking like he could repeat as a heisman winner.
    ^ 2. SR-RB Nubian Peak (VT)- 225car, 1352yds, 27TD's, 20rec, 280yds, TD---Nubian Peak literally forced VT into becoming a running team. Losing JuJu and Exum and your backup QB can do that to you. But it has been a godsend as Peak has come out of nowhere to be a likely heisman finalist.
    ^ 3. SR-WR Rodney Smith (FSU)- 41rec, 1119yds, 14TD's- Smith's 6'6" frame has put him on the list...that and QB Will Secord loves throwing it to him. He's not the fastest WR but he gets great position and his great hands make him an easy target.
    v 4. SR-WR Reuben Randle (LSU)- 52rec, 1011yds, 15TD's- Randle was shut down in the last game, only having 21 receiving yards on 2 receptions putting him lower on the heisman list. But he's LSU's best offensive threat.
    ^ 5. SR-RB Bryce Brown (TENN)- 165car, 1220yds, 19TD's, 9rec, 109yds- Welcome back Bryce Brown. It seems like eons ago that Brown won the heisman but it was only 2011. Brown has snuck back into the discussion. He's averaging 7.2 yards a rush.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice job Mo... I can't believe you got another freebie. But you were definitely in control before the disco. so can't argue that you would have won that one since you had revenge on the mind. I know you find yourself very intimidating. :)

Looking forward to the FSU/UNC game, it should be a great matchup.

I can't believe that Scales can't get into the Heisman discussion he's been absolutely unstoppable lately. Even in games where we lose he's putting up big numbers, I think Alabama was the only ones to slow us down this year as far as his numbers go. The cpu teams simply can't tackle him then he outruns their secondary.

Notre Dame - they're the only good team available weeks 4-10, so whenever somebody goes "oh give me a fantastic opponent in week 6" which is almost impossible, they're usually the ones. I'm sure they'd throw every bit of their money at coach moreecemos if he was available.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I've gotten a ton of freebies. :(

It's interesting...it seems like QB's don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Take your QB for example Helli...

134/183, 2381yds, 19TD's, 6INT's, 73% completion

That's pretty damn good numbers out of him...he hasn't even been on the list! He seems to be on pace for around 3700 yards or so but I guess that's not enough.

Luallen- 162/238, 2942yds, 27TD's, 8INT's, 68% completion

Even better...hasn't touched the list neither....likely to be around 4000 yards or so.

I believe Bama had Jackson and he had a great year...around 3INT's or something like that...high completion, good passing yards...wasn't on the list.

Has a QB even won the heisman this year??

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah but Scales is also on pace for 1,000 yards rushing at 7.5 yards a pop!

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lol didn't see that...yeah i'm surprised he's not on the list...he has 26 total TD's...on pace for around 40 or so...3500/1000 rushing...that's a REAL good year.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I think Scales will get there.....you have had some MONSTER running games with this guy. I am surprised b/c you dont normally run with the QB. The heisman seems all about TDs.

Juju Sniffed the list last year with 4000 yards and ~46 tds, but for some reason HBs get the nod. Not sure why...

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Looks like Bryce gets 40 carries tonight...

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Great write up but this cant happen since GT and UNC are in the same side of the conference of the ACC. They are in the coastal and have to play eachother in the regular season

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Hmm u sure? I NEVER play UNC though...don't u always play teams in your division every year?

10. KnightNoles

yea unless you all rearranged things..

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah we musta. I always play VT and Miami every year.

12. jfosh

jfosh Super

UNC swapped divisions to make it 3 users on each side.

13. jfosh

jfosh Super

North Carolina will be a huge game. Can blaza get it done? He didn't have to take a sim loss to clemson this year.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I was winning that game 9-0 before the disco.

15. KnightNoles

ATLANTIC
    Clemson
    Boston College
    Florida State
    Wake Forest
    North Carolina State
    Maryland
    COASTAL
    Georgia Tech
    Virginia Tech