TWIT (Week 14)

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

TWIT (Week 14)

This Week in Tradition Week 14

Coach Poll
    Column 1
    BCS Coaches Media Team Wins Losses
    1 1 1 Tennessee 12 0 Crushed Vanderbilt 65-31. Bryce Brown is leading the Heisman race. Lot of things going for this team including a bye before the tough SEC title game
    2 2 2 Georgia 9 2 We don't know why they're ranked this high either. Theory is that BCS thinks Auburn is better than their ranking? And that losing to them isn't too bad.
    3 3 3 USC 10 1 Hasn't lost since the opening week three-point loss to Auburn.
    4 4 5 Texas 10 2
    5 5 6 Georgia Tech 10 1 Disappointing loss drops the Wreck to 5th in the BCS. A loss by Georgia against Miami however, and they could really make waves.
    6 9 4 Alabama 9 3 Glover kicks a 42-yarder as time expires to pull this one out for the Crimson Tide. Bama's 540 pass yards make up for 7 turnovers.
    7 6 9 Oklahoma 8 2
    8 7 10 Miami 8 3 Footage of loss against Va Tech has received more scrutiny than the Zapruder film. That was four weeks ago!
    9 10 8 Virginia Tech 9 2 Tough situation for Va Tech as their season is over and they're right on the brink of BCS-dom. It's sit and watch time.
    10 14 7 Florida State 8 3 Uses bye week to come back from a disappointing loss to shut out Florida. Gators coach credits safety play for the awesome play of 'Noles D.
    11 11 12 Auburn 9 2 Licking their chops as San Diego State rounds out their season.
    12 8 11 Cincinnati 10 1
    13 13 14 Florida 8 3 Coach Steel has had a roller-coaster season and looks to polish off #6 Oklahoma for their 9th win and hopefully get that all-important 10th in the bowl.
    14 12 13 TCU 10 1
    15 16 15 LSU 8 3 2010 is devoid of any late-season drama for the Tigers, who will polish off their third consecutive CPU team to end the regular season
    16 15 18 Penn State 8 3
    17 17 17 Colorado 9 2
    18 18 16 Fresno State 8 2
    19 19 20 Clemson 8 3 Clemson coach believes this squad is headed in the right direction. Look for them to be a player in the ACC next season.
    20 20 21 Nebraska 8 3
    21 22 19 Boise State 10 2
    22 21 23 Michigan 8 3
    23 23 22 Rutgers 8 3
    24 25 24 North Carolina 7 5 Is the team hot and cold, or is Blaza? Let's give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Next year, no excuses! Oh, other than a shitty QB.
    25 24 25 Notre Dame 6 4

Big User Games

#7 Miami 8-3 (6-2) @ #2 Georgia 9-2 (6-2) ***GAME OF THE WEEK***

There's a lot on the line for both of these squads. A loss for Miami and they're out of the BCS bowl structure for sure. With a win, they possibly get into a really good bowl. Georgia could actually be sitting pretty for a NC berth with a win here (???) Can't help but think one-loss Ga Tech or USC jumps us somehow.... But obviously a must win, if we lose we're probably out of the BCS picture entirely.

Other user games

#16 LSU 8-3 (5-3) @ Louisiana Tech 1-9 (1-7) - LSU will enjoy going against a D+ rated offense this week. The defense ain't a whole helluva lot better.

Ole Miss 4-7 (1-7) @ #14 Florida State 8-3 (6-2) - Florida State's Jermaine Thomas gets one last regular season look with the Heisman voters. Prediction: He'll be lathered up by the time this one's over. Of course they need him healthy for the ACC Championship game...

San Diego State 5-4 (5-3) @ #11 Auburn 9-2 (6-2) - Auburn defense needs to shut a team down, and this is the perfect opportunity.

#5 Georgia Tech 10-1 (8-0) @ #20 Nebraska 8-3 (6-2) - Georgia Tech brings the option back to Omaha.

#13 Florida 8-3 (6-2) @ #6 Oklahoma 8-2 (6-2) - Jeff Demps and company are itching to get some open field after being suffocated last week. Look for the yards and points to reign down upon this Okie defense!

Idle Users

Alabama - Looking for something magical to happen so they don't find themselves playing in something called the Chick-fil-A Bowl. WTF bowl is this?

Virginia Tech - Looking for something magical to happen so they don't… ahem… ditto.

North Carolina - His mind is always idling. Now his team is too. Lawl

Tennessee - Prepping for Auburn, who handed them a pretty sound beating the last time.

Heisman Race

HB Bryce Brown, Tennessee - Coming on strong, three touchdowns in last game. The clear-cut favorite

WR Julioooo Jones, Alabama - His 8 receptions for 175 yards and 2 touchdowns in last week's triumph move him up

HB Jermaine Thomas, FSU - 25 carries, 112 yards in the shutout of Florida. Afterward didn't know what to do with himself, he still had 20 carries in him.

WR Harry Adams, Auburn - Apparently the voters weren't impressed with 171 yards against Alabama - they're looking for touchdowns, and the Tide held him out of the end zone.

HB Mike Anderson, Georgia - The lone freshman garnering any consideration. Very little chance to win it.

Recruiting Classes

1 Miami
    2 Auburn
    3 Michigan
    4 LSU
    5 Alabama
    6 Georgia
    7 Oklahoma
    8 Tennessee
    9 USC
    10 Florida State
    11 Virginia Tech
    12 Georgia Tech
    13 Florida
    14 Nebraska
    15 West Virginia
    16 Notre Dame
    17 Clemson
    18 Ohio State
    19 Texas
    20 Penn State

23 North Carolina

2. jfosh

jfosh Super

Week 15 and nothing is locked down. That is the only sure thing here.

#1 Tennessee - If they dont win SEC championship they dont go to the BCS championship and can't be happy with the season. (Bruce has got them doing 2 a days this week.)

#2 Georgia picked the right year to lose its two games. There isn't a BCS buster in sight and still have a meaningful game left. Does a 2 loss Georgia really go ahead of a 2 loss Auburn team (if they beat Tennessee)? Surely they go ahead of a 1 loss Georgia Tech they beat em.

#3 USC only game left is UCLA. This is a rilvalry game anything can happen. Solid chance at National Title if Tennesee posts a loss. One negative Pac-10 has no Title game.

#4 Texas 2 games left. They play in the BIG 12 Championship against Nebraska in two weeks, will that be enough to jump USC and Georgia (assuming georgia beats Miami).

#5 Georgia Tech--Two games remaing a solid game against #20 Nebraska. And the ACC Championship against Florida ST.

#6 Alabama This is as high as the Tide will rise. They might even slip with no chance to improve their position. But they are #4 in the Media poll. Go figure.

#7 Oklahoma- Not a threat. Tough match up against Florida. And 2 conference losses keep them out of their Conference Title game. No where to go but down for the Sooners.

#8 Miami - The second of 3, 3 loss teams ahead of Auburn. Miami can only put the lights out on Georgia from this spot. To much ground to gain. But a win against the Dawgs puts them at the top of the list of 3 loss teams.

#9 Virginia Tech - Quality wins against #4 Texas and #8 Miami also beat #22 Boise St. Losses to Clemson and Georgia Tech. I guess the voters are really counting the Miami game as a loss cause of the call. All out of bullets with no games left to play. Could be the highest rated team ever in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.

#10 Florida St. --Coach Kingerock cant help but wonder what if. What happened against UNC? Florida wrecked the SEC west and could not score a point against Florida St. They beat up on another SEC opponent this week before facing Georgia Tech for the ACC crown. A win there and where do you put em. Tough call.

#11 Auburn - The Tigers own wins over #2 Georgia and #8 Miami and still find 3 3 loss teams ahead of them. This has poll watchers scratching their heads. Auburn still has work to do but can the voters move them up 10 spots with wins over SDSU and #1 Tennessee?

#13 Florida - Definitely out of the title race. But before the loss to FSU this team was #4 and could be sitting where USC is now. A win this week against #6 Oklahoma and we might of been talking Georgia vs Florida Rematch for BCS title. Ran out of gas one week early.

Obviously no one can lose at this point. But someone is gonna.

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Awesome stuff guys! TWIT, is quickly becoming one of my favorite aspects of the dynasty. Its our own min-version of College Football Live! It really does a great job of rounding up the previous, current, and approaching week. Tits!

As for UNC, Helli dont you worry. Our recruiting class is admittedly mediocre at the moment but we're trying to get some real difference makers instead of stockpiling useless talent. We're ready to go into our bowl game and take care of business and try to end the year with 6 straight victories. Hopefully that momentum will instill some confidence in the squad as as we get ready for a fresh start in 2012. It's not a battle its a war!!! :D

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

This guy... lol (y)

Ok I guess that's a good idea.

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Don't hate me cause I keep it real bro :D

6. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Auburn beat Georgia, USC, and Miami all top -10 teams and I fell from 3rd to 12th....... I guess that is what an ass-beating does...

7. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

Heisman hopeful HB Thomas suffered a career ending (season ending, but he's a senior and I don't care about his NFL career) injuy in the game against Florida. His 40+ carry days are over. I have to go with my 3 other backs for the ACC title game and the bowl game.

good read

8. jfosh

jfosh Super

I think you got a legit gripe. With Georgia winning I think they assured themselves a spot in the National title.

Even if you win the SEC championship I dont think you can jump enough spots.

Georgia vs. USC national title game

or

Georgia vs Tennessee

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

He had a nice career though.

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

LSU moves up to #2 recruiting class..... this has got to be one of the better jobs recruiting ive ever done. The deck was stacked against me all year and i still managed to rake in some players.

11. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

He did. The reason I had any success passing was because of the amazing ability to run. Had speed and the ability to break tackles. Not a great pass catcher but a very solid back for 3 seasons. And I'm excited about the 2 backs waiting in the wings to replace him and Jones.

12. jfosh

jfosh Super

Thats for sure we know Kinger is always in the running recruiting HB's.