two 360 consoles in one household

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Randiesel75, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Guys,

I'm sure I can find this information online, but I'm sure a good handful of you have been through this already.

I just ordered a new Xbox 360 (250G) for the house and would like this to become my primary console in my office. As this becomes the primary, will it be necessary to migrate everything from the old to new? I would like to be able to play online (XBL) at either console, how does this work? Are there any caveats to this setup? Any gotchas to lookout for when doing this setup?

Thanks,
    Randy

2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

These new Xbox's have built in wifi so if you have a wireless router, you won't have any issue.. At least I haven't and I have a Xbox upstairs and one downstairs. You will need to recover your gamertag when switching between boxes but that only takes a couple of minutes.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'd recommend getting a cheap memory card so you can just keep your profile on it and go between consoles easier - recovering your GT takes a few minutes and is irritating.

As for your saves and such, I would just keep what you want on the memory card. Think NCAA Profile or a particular save for your offline dynasty or what have you.

Alternatively, just use 1 hard drive. Keep your profile and saves on it like they are currently and when you want to move between consoles just take the hard drive with you.

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

This. We have two 360s at the place I'm living in now and we use this method

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

With 1 XBL profile, I will have no issues alternating between each console in my weekly NCAA OD games?

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Is your online pass linked to your Xbox?

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

My EA online pass is linked to my XBL account (Windows live).

8. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Like I said, you'll want to keep your NCAA Profile with your XBL Profile/Gamertag. That stores your settings like audibles ect.

The easiest thing is probably just to switch the whole hard drive but a memory card will get it done too.

9. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Unless you save the stuff on a memory card, you'll need to recover your gamertag every time you switch and you won't have your saved files.