Two Awesome Web Sites for Killing Time

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by BlyGilmore, Jan 20, 2010.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Two Awesome Web Sites for Killing Time

Thought I'd share a couple of great web sites for when you have 30 minutes to kill and need some mindless humor ...

Shit My Dad Says
    http://twitter.com/Shitmydadsays

This guy basically regularly updates a Twitter feed with quotes from his 74 year old father, who apparently has a way with words and says some crazy shit.

Some priceless quotes ...

Texts From Last Night
    http://www.textsfromlastnight.com/

Priceless concept. Get a fucked up text message from a friend? Post it here for all to see. Needless to say, Mondays on this web site are epic after a weekend of drunken nonsense.

A hidden gem of the site is the ability to sort by area code, so you can read stuff going on in your neck of the woods.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Haha....thats awesome Bly...thanks for sharing man...lol

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

no problemo. lets just say my job has a lot of down time so i'm always in search for sites like those.

a buddy of mine and I have an on-going debate about TFLN. He is of the opinion that a lot of them are just made up. I believe some of them are far too genius to just be made up by an active imagination - the kind of genius that can only be fueled by a heavily intoxicated brain.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I love texts from last night.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

And don't forget one of the greatest sites/books ever made: tuckermax.com

Thursday
    It's a typical Thursday in my life, noonish, I'm at the laundromat washing my filthy rags, when my cell phone buzzes. It's my cousin, TheCousin, who goes to the University of Tennessee.

"Dude--Tucker--I've got tickets to the UT-Miami game this weekend, AND it's Homecoming. You have to come down. It's going to be awesome."

I need no other persuasion. Check last minute flights to Knoxville: $1047. Looks like I'm driving.

The drive is no problem, until I get about 60 miles from the Kentucky-Tennessee border. I stop at some low-rent redneck place so I can pick up beer for the last hour of the drive. I want to arrive prepared.