Two different rosters

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Two different rosters

Just FYI, the current online franchise roster and the one downloaded today do not jive at all.

There should be no posting of cap numbers until we actually start the online franchise. Then our cap guys know what rosters and overalls to use.

That's my advice, anyway.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

They did the same crap last year. So if we waited for the roster update, we'd have to wait another 3-5 weeks for it to transfer to online franchise. Ugh.. stupid...

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Wait, is the roster we used to build the cap books different from the new roster update or is the online franchise rosters different than the updated offline rosters?

If Im making any sense.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Online franchise rosters are different from the EA posted default rosters. And those are different from the roster update that was downloaded yesterday. So technically, there could be THREE different rosters floating around. But the updated one (downloaded from online to play online games) and the online franchise one are different.

The guys in charge of the cap book can start their own online franchise and input the numbers and names of teams based on that. That is how I found out about the difference in rosters. It's not huge differences; don't get me wrong. But it's enough. For example I have 4 QBs on my roster if I use the online franchise rosters, but only 3 are listed in my cap book.

If we start up soon, this is no big issue. But if the cap guys update now, then have to do it again in a week, that is asking a bit much of new guys to the cap structure.

See my point?

5. Jeremy

Gotcha, we need to decide if were going with online franchise rosters or waiting.

If we are going to roll now, as soon as Nates sends invites and guys accept they can start thier books.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If we do roll now, Wajy, Dunn, and I will need quick entry so we can get started updating the books to the online rosters. I hope we can all three be on at the same time so we can all be editing together and collaborate on any questions they may have.

I will assist the guys by doing both Western divisions. Wajy will handle the NFC side (North, South, and West). Dunn will take the AFC North, South, and West. I took less so they can get comfortable with the book as quickly as possible.

7. natedawg212000

We can start whenever you guys feel is best.

8. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Im game to start whenever you guys are

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Man if we start now my team is in trouble...missing some of the best young players the Rams have to offer.

Last check even OJ Otogwe FS wasnt even on the Rams team??? he is the best player on my D..and with the Rams I need everyone I can get!

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

lol...Yeah Otogwe is a FA on the current online franchise roster. Terrell Owens is a FA as well. Kevin Mawae is FA. Those are the big ones I remember. Oh yeah, and Jamarcus Russell....listed at 285 lbs.....only way he's a big FA. LOL

11. natedawg212000

we can fix some mistakes ourselves, like these fa's that we are currently talking about. I thought that FS was released? I am pretty sure he was.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Otogwe signed a 1 year deal I think with the Rams. Bruce would be better equipped to answer the length of the deal, but I am about 95% certain he resigned a FA tender.

13. Jeremy

otogwe is a ram. Damn, those omissions are horrible.

I think we have two choices. Wither comprise a list of players that need to be added or taken off teams and then manuall add those players like atogwe to their correct teams.

or

Simply wait till a online franchise rosters are fixed. IMO, we cannot start with this crappy rosters.

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Is there any news from EA about updating online rosters in the next few days? Don't snicker. I'm serious.

15. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

yeah that seems like a simple fix but the board will have to do their research. I believe the commish will retain the ability to add/drop players from the hub (online franchise site). The NFL Season Opener is actually Vikings vs the Saints September 9th. That's 4 weeks from tonight. Ea sports will wait to update and consolidate rosters the following week after the season starts. So my guess is we will be looking at a start 5 weeks from now if we want to wait for correct rosters.

As of right now I don't see a problem with manufacturing the correct rosters, after all with a moderately lengthy advance if we start asap we can potentially finish another season.

16. Jeremy

I agree Frisk. Anyone have the time to volunteer and make a list of additions and subtractions?

I wont have the time till middle of next week.

17. Jeremy

has anyone notice ratings being off also?

18. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yes there are some ratings differences between online and offline rosters, but the players I noticed was a 1-2 point overall difference. Not huge I don't think.

19. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

20. natedawg212000

Thats awesome. Whew...

21. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Rosters are MUCH better now for online franchise. I went through and adjusted all the numbers for the Western Division teams AND the Colts. Mainly was making sure that with our system setup the Colts would still be under the cap. Good news: they are.

So any teams on the cap book listed as 8/12/10 are updated with the current online rosters. I think those rosters will work for us after looking at them versus the original online rosters. Let me know though.