two questions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

two questions

NOTE: Just wanted to throw this out here, was I in the wrong when I decided I wanted to go for it??

Also, I’m not calling out EagleIrish..so before you come crashing down on me Bogey ..keep that in mind

I know you guys are friends or whatever, but I think these are legitimate questions, and I think they should be brought up for future reference..that’s why I posted it the first time and that’s why I’m posting it again even though you deleted it. (no disrespect)

Okay I have two questions about my first user game in TT VI against EagleIrish5..

(1) Playing your HBs at FBs..

At least 3 or 4 times, maybe more, EagleIrish5 ran a FB dive with his halfback(s)

Besides this, he played a very straight game, he didn’t scramble around or do anything like that..

(2) Going for it on 4th down.

This is how my first possession went:
    1st down - 4 yard gain..(fullback dive)
    2nd down - Playaction..(threw it away)
    3rd down – (screen pass, pick up 6)
    Left with 4th and inches

Here is what I was thinking, 4th and inches, I need to get this and keep the clock running..the only way Ill win is if I score virtually every possession.

I came out with a FB dive, he pauses the game, and tells me it is against league rules. I try to explain to him what I am explaining to all of you..

He insists that it is against league rules, I say fine..I punt

He then burns my secondary, which is slow..which brings me to another reason why I wanted to go for it..

He has two wide receivers with 95+ speed, and a fast quarterback, I know I’m going to have a hard time stopping this..

If it were 4th and 1, I wouldn’t have felt nearly as good about my chances and I would’ve punted with it being so early in the game..as I did the rest of the game..

Also, if I didn’t convert, it would’ve left him with a shorter field..leaving him less likely to torch my secondary

All in all, the pros outweighed the cons, and it was a no brainer but I punted anyway..

2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Was this in OT? Or your first possession of the game? I thought anything goes for OT?

As for putting a RB in for a FB Dive, that is cheese in my book.

And breaks a league rule:

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

No...it was my very first possession, and I understand that not being acceptable..but as I explained I felt like by punting at that point I was giving him control and the win

apparently, he doesn't think he used fb dive that often according to bogey...but like i said he used it 3 to 4 times, maybe more..

even without evidence..you can look at his stats to see that his true fullback only has 1 rush thus far..Also..it was atleast three (2 with his star halfback, and one with his backup)

4. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Regardless of how you think a game is going to go, going for it on 4th down on the first possession is against the rules and rightfully so.

I would like clarification on the HB/FB Dive thing though since it seems against the rules to me.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

true..Im not too upset about the 4th down thing..just wanted to see what other thought...

going for it on 4th seems like such cheese because we are all used to the ass holes in ranked games..but Im a very sim player and I hardly ever do this..

so that is why I was kinda pissed at first about it..because I felt like that is what I needed to do to keep control..

but yes..against rules..will not do..done with that

6. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Listen Murk, I joined Traditions to get away from this type of thing. People who complain with every lose. I am not going to get into a "he cheesed me here" type of arguement with you because I have plenty of ammo against you. I play my games, I do my write ups. Last year I had a problem with Cole. I sent Bogey a PM, he gave a ruling and that was it. It never came up again. Thats how things need to be handled in this league rather then people pretending to not be calling another guys character into question. Bottom line I am not going to fight back and forth with you. I just dont have the time and nobody else in here cares. Good game and I cant wait to do it again.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You're the only one fighting dude..

I could care less that I lost..but you mentioned league rules to me while at the same time you were breaking one..

I've lost plenty of games..so that's not an issue..but the way you are responding is..

you dont have any "ammo" on me...and if you did id like to here it..

going for it on fourth down?..pretty sure i was down 14 points in the second half..it's w/e dude..

I think it's really funny how you try to speak for everyone else, and mention that wildcardz is a crybaby in his thread..

8. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Like I said before, I am not getting into with you. If you have a problem with me and my game take it up with Bogey.

9. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

P.S. I didnt break any rules.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

no...i take it up with YOU..because it is you..

i've talked to him..he says you think you didnt run the fullback dive as often as I say..

I am asking you this..

is a fullback dive (multiple times) with you halfbacks agains the rules?

11. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I stand by what I told Bogey.

12. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Murk, I asked you to keep this in the PM's for the time being. If you have a problem with gameplay you need to go to a commish, or someone in manegement, not air out your dirt laundry like this right away. I already told you this, deleted the first time you posted this and you felt the need to do it again, lets show a little bit of maturity here. If you would like to continue this discussion please PM me, thread locked.

13. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    HB -> FB formation sub'd is not allowed, and falls under the rule of 'mixing up your playcalling.' Meaning that you shouldn't do it all game if you are going to do it at all. If it was done every time you had a short yardage situation or near the endzone, it could be seen as taking advantage of the AI.

Did you going for it on fourth down follow these rules:
    ????

Everyone knows that the FB dive is too fast to the line and almost impossible to stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.