Archived Two Slider Requests

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I have been feeling this way for awhile, but the game I just played compelled me to say something. I have two requests:

1. I think we should raise QB accuracy 5-10 points. I know my back-up QB has 79 acc. I don't mind missing throws. What kills me is missing 4-5 wide open throws by 5 yards.

2. Lower holding. There is a holding call on 70% of punt returns, and I am getting 4-5 holding penalties in every game (just on my side of the ball - the total is around 8). I think that is too many.

Thanks,
    Bits

2. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

I second the motion. Way too many holding calls....I had 7 in my game which called back 2 TDs

3. BG

BG On The Rize!

Hum....

4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

What does that mean?

5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Turn off aggressive blocking you cheesing muthaf......lol jk. I agree with the QB ACC...I throw atleast two ints a game because of overthrows to the Safeties. My QB has a rocket arm so he overthrows about 15 yards but it goes straight to the safety almost everytime...

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Reopened...

7. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Holding is just about the only penalty we get so I think it should stay the way it is. Often times I see holding when a run is bounced outside when it is designed to go inside. I see the same issue on punt returns but when it's at 50 then it is never called.

I like the QB acc the way it is. I've played with bad QBs in other seasons (below 80 THA) so I know how it affects them. They make bad throws and they should since they stink. Accuracy to me is the most important attribute for a QB so I want to see the difference between the ratings. In regards to tubb and the overthrows I am thinking you might be holding up on the joystick on the deep throws and/or throwing it too early in the route. I've had this happen in the past with high rated QBs as well as shitty ones. In my opinion it is better to see the bad throws rather than it being perfect every time.

The CPU pass coverage should be fixed and Jerzey and I have been looking at a variation on his set that could be used next season after further testing.

Fire away at me but please play nice :D

8. BG

BG On The Rize!

I also thought the holding penalties were a bit much, but after I looked at it statistical wise, it averaged out to be about 4 penalties per game, which isn't that terrible. (It just seems they come at inopportune times, LOL) I also think the cpu coverage is a bit to good which in turn leads to many int's, but I noticed that you said yall are trying other variations, so that sounds good. So besides what you have said, the only thing I would comment on would be to lower the cpu rush defense or up the user offensive line rush blocking just a bit. Everything else seems right on point! JMO!

9. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

The QB acc is at 10. Personally I thinkthatis draconian. I have QBs rated in the mid 80s who cannot hit wide open receivers 5-6 times a game. I don't mind missing covered receivers, but guys who are 6 yards open. The current sliders make it not worth one's while to recruit a spread QB. If we raise the QB accuracy 10 points we will still see a difference. My QBs have thrown like 16 INTs this season through 6 games, most of them on open routes. I should be killing teams like UCF and Miss St. I strongly think we need to raise QB accuracy. I have QB acc at 25 in Pride and I still get bad throws with my spread QB, but he doesn't throw 3 INTs per game.

10. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I have a question. How many of you throw downfield past 15 yards and do it more than say 4 or 5 times a game? Those -10 yarders dont effect acc as much as those 15+ trust me...My offense is depended upon the pass.....so i will continue to want acc up...lol. You running teams dont know how easy you have it....

11. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I actually do not throw downfield much, because when I do, there is a 70% chance of an INT. I went to a spread playbook that emphasized short passes, which fits my QBs. Still though, my QBs had 15 INTs through 5 games, 14 through 4 games. I think we need to raise QB accuracy to balance things out.

One more stat: Adam Fitzpatrick, who is one of the best QBs I have seen ratings wise on the game, has 10 INTs. You can't tell me that Maximus is that bad throwing the ball.

12. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

That was because the cpu coverage was too good not the accuracy. I'm almost certain the accuracy was at 10 last season.

My #1, 2 and 3 WR all averaged 19.5 ypc or better last season with my TE averaging 20.2.

13. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Holding moved back to default (now 50)
    QB Acc/WR Catching Adjusted (15/45)
    Pass Coverage/Interceptions were moved down an advance or two ago (50/20)

15. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Thanks man. But the rent is still too damn high...lol

16. BG

BG On The Rize!

Since we're talking about sliders, playing my game against Maryland and their QB is 14 of 16 255yds and 3 td's......in the first half. My DB's run backwards for some reason, even after the WR has made a cut. I know their not that good, but at least can they chase the WR, LOL!

17. BG

BG On The Rize!

On second thought, squash that! I'll deal with it!

18. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Alright...help me out here guys. I am pretty frustrated. Put simply, I'm not enjoying my game experience this season at all. I love the fact that the CPU gives us games and that we have to sweat some out. Also, I am okay losing games. I probably have lost more combined games than any user in this league (maybe - 15).

What I hate is how the sliders cause errant throws and INTs. My QB has 83 acc. That is on the low side, I know. Still, I feel like passing the ball is a punishment this season. Here are some vids to illustrate what I am getting at:

feet set, wide open, 5 yard overthrow

This is not the best illustration. On the previous play, Gray broke a press with no safety help and was open by 7 yards. Swain overthrows him by 10 yards.

I'm not upset that my 83 acc QB is missing throws. I am upset that he is missing 8-9 wide open throws per game. I expect some errant throws, but not this many.

I feel like I'm playing the game with retards and not 4 and 5 star recruits at QB, which is what I have. I don't think that is the game experience we are looking for. Please help me out with this. I am trying to approach this from a rational perspective.

Thanks,
    Bits

• Like Like x 1
  19. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Im with you 2bits getting tired of my 97 overall rated QB playing like crap..but Im not the best QB in the world either so i kinda think its my fault to

20. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

i here you my QB has like 95 acc and he over throws WR over the middle which usually turn out to be INT's. Between the pass rush and bad accuracy its hard to pass the ball farther then 10 yds because you never know where its going. My team is A+ but C teams get pressure with ease and if your a little pressured makes for more errant throws. My QB is a 97 ovr he should be able to hit fairly wide open receivers even if hes feeling a little pressure

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Ok. Just glad I am not alone. I have worked very hard on passing to determine what works and what doesn't. I'm throwing to open guys. I think we need a fundamental reexamination of QB accuracy.

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Not worth it anymore... I'm done... time to go play 2k11

23. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Dont worry bits...my qb is 90 fucking 9 and does the same thing...lol I will make a video too....lol

24. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Its not worth it anymore...

25. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I don't understand exactly what you mean by that. This league has always been a dialogue. No need to be offended because I am not thrilled with the QB accuracy. In my opinion it is something that needs to be changed. It's nothing personal. I'm not Rex Ryan over here. I'm just annoyed that the quarterbacks play like the kids on the JV team for half of the game.