Two threads...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Two threads...

I've been slammed at work and just got on the boards. The two threads that have any action around here are the Can O' Worms and the 52-3... It's amazing. That last one already has 3 pages.

I checked with Hoyt on Q and it wasn't running up the score. End of story. Both Stealth and Hoyt have well over 20 seasons each in the league and know what the rulebook is. I've also known these guys for about 7 years.

The bigger issue is the divide of owners and constant bitching at each other. Plain and simple, if you don't want to be here, please leave. No hard feelings, head over to OMFL if there are openings. Everyone knows what our rules are, but the basic premise of respect has been thrown out the door. So, rather than address every bitchy rant, if this isn't the league for you, there's no need to stay.

2. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

Mags this league is divide bad If it's one of the guys that are "new" to MEGA, I expect you to call off the dogs. Double Standard? Not really. Our League. Longtime Owners have already Earned the respect of thier peers. The New guys just haven't been around long enough to earn that respect. It'll come. And it's Earned by Example of Gameplay, not by what you say or don't say in a post.

STKMAN has issue with some new owners and rules for example that is ok to beat some one 52-3 but only if they are old pc guys well i thought this league has rules against run up the score.03.07 - Running Up the Score
    Good sportsmanship is a major part of MEGA, so running up the score will not be tolerated. Please use good judgment when leading by a large margin

So please tell me what is wrong here but last year u question a game between me and tank becuase i ran 5times but a 52-3 is ok" the end of story" and maybe this is why u guys are losing owners this 4 things might be the reason

1)advance week never get done on time
    2)owners playing cpu games why?
    3)differnt rules for pc guys and ps3 owners
    4) to many crybabies in this form have some class when u win and lose

So are we going to change it or leave it the way it is?

3. scarface

scarface Walk On

NOT SPEAKING FOR MAGS JUST MY OBSERVASTION
    1)advance week never get done on time...
    Owners not playing their games on time, I have seen people even try and schedule games AFTER we are supposed to advance.

2)owners playing cpu games why?
    Because we can.... you just need to get approval from the RC, and you cant always find a sub,
    3)differnt rules for pc guys and ps3 owners
    The reason for the difference is as it is in real life, who do you trust someone you just met or someone you have know for a long time? As styk said your trust can and will be earned but its not a right away thing. if someone asks you about a game from the RC how about just answering without thinking its someone coming at you.

4) to many crybabies in this form have some class when u win and lose.
    AMEN, Thats exactly why the rule is in place thats says if you have a beef do it in private and no on the forums all thats does is cause flame wars.
    and if you can play straight follow the rules and handle a loss then leave the league.

4. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

Scar i disagree on different rules we are MEGA i played over 40 games with in the last season if that is not enough for anybody here come on and coming from you stick to the rules guy i expect a better answer then that i agree with you on sticking with the rules.

i'm try to be apart of mega but with this one way or the highway rules don't fly with me lets try to fix it and be a better league then this by just have everybody follow the RULES IN MEGA

5. scarface

scarface Walk On

The only part I say follow or leave is the rule book, I do agree that guys hould be given the benefit, but when guys start posts on whos peepee is bigger then its a flame war and that will only divide.

6. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

This is what i mean scar " If it's one of the guys that are "new" to MEGA, I expect you to call off the dogs. Double Standard? Not really. Our League. Longtime Owners have already Earned the respect of thier peers. The New guys just haven't been around long enough to earn that respect. It'll come. And it's Earned by Example of Gameplay, not by what you say or don't say in a post. " This coming from a (RC) i feel he attack the new owners with this quote i thought we were all MEGA here i have played 40+ games how long to we need to be on watch and when i signed up for this league no one told me that!

7. gt86

gt86 Walk On

It doesn't matter atleast to me if your old or new I expect every owner to follow the rules just as I do. I could careless if you been in Mega for 25 seasons or half a season. I'm not trying to speak for Scar or Mags or anyone here. But what I think they mean is some guys have come here expecting everything and if they don't like our rules then they don't need to follow them. Then they also think Mega should change for them , which has in returned gotten the if you don't like our rules then leave and and don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out. I don't know about anyone else but I for one will be the one of the first to say so.

It's been almost 2 and half seasons and we're still dealing with old vs new here for some reason. I don't know if it's a console vs Pc thing or what because I don't ever recall such bashing and disrespect toward old and new owners in Mega when we were on the Pc. With all this said I think both parties are worng on the whole thing. Us long time owners expect respect and a certain gamestyle by our rules and won't budge off it because we've played that way for 25 seasons or more. The new owners are coming in with their own style of where almost anything goes because that is what they are use to on the consoles.

I think i said this same thing last season when something similar came up. If the two groups don't find away to get along then this version of Mega is going to blow up real quick. The old and new guys both need to just shut up and follow the rules period no excuses. The old guys need to try and help the new guys in getting use to the Mega gamestyle without attacking them. The new guys need to listen to the old guys and take the advice and not say f u and f off your an idiot etc. If we can't do that then Mags needs to get rid of this headache and be done with Mega or move it back to the Pc and Madden 08. Because if I'm sick of all this BS I know he has to be really got to be sick of it. My two kids argue and fight less than Mega does at this point and they fight every single day.

8. scarface

scarface Walk On

I gotcha big, I hear you, believe me the RC knows who is doing what and who is not, if you are a new guy and a good owner then I am 99% sure hes not meaning you.

MEGA believe is more than just madden to alot of guys here, we are friends, I have become friends with a few of the new guys and would back them up just as much as I would an old guy, BUT if a new guys comes in and says this or that and ts BS it does seem the old guys pile on him and the new guys add their stuff...

I think we just need a RESET of all this and just say F__K IT and just play some ball new guys old guys and whaoever is in between over and under that stuff.

WHO IS WITH ME!!!!

9. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

I agree with u all the way until u say" The new guys need to listen to the old guys and take the advice and not say f u and f off your an idiot etc. If we can't do that then Mags needs to get rid of this headache and be done " this is not right we can add stuff to mega also and don't get me wrong i dont want any rule change i want everybody that means old and new to follow the rule period.

And again i agree with u on everything else.we need more old owners like you!

10. stealth

stealth Walk On

the biggest problem here is all the guys that have a problem with something and go broadcast on the forums. thats what starts all this stuff.

Just like my game with hoyt. Yes i won 52-3 and no I feel I didnt do anything wrong and GET THIS SO did my opponent. I know some of you did and what you should have done was brought it up to Mags and RC and let them deal with it. If guys would actually do that you wouldnt see all this flaming.

11. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

For fuk sake's guys do we have to start this shit all over again? We just had two threads of bitching, is that the only kind of thread people can reply too? Let's all STFU and play some football and follow the rules, old and new. If you have a problem, take it to Mags and the RC, stay the fuk out of other people game summaries. I didn't last season and it started a big mess. I learned my lesson, now its time for everyone else to learn theirs.....please STFU now!!!!!!!

12. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

Unless you were in my house or in stealth's you really have nothing to say about our game. I laughed the whole game and no matter what i did it didn't matter. What would have pissed me off would have been if he flopped and then went on to run outside, throw the continuous slants and drags. He didn't blitz, BnR or manually move players every snap either. I'd rather have him run it back 20 yrds when there is nothing but green grass ahead of him so i can work on my pathetic offense. I had a game like that against an owner who gave me fits on the PC and in the 2nd half I figured out some stuff and beat him the next 4 times we played.

The thing is if you can't handle losing in this league or any other you are going to piss people off going to the money plays for your teams. Here's a little insight for the rest of you " joystick jockeys " who think winning at madden makes you an athlete. The runs outside , drags and slants work for everyone!!
    (y) Using those plays in moderation is fine. Using them constantly becuase that's the way your team is built or performs best is " CHEESE ".

I agree with you Big about games needing to be in by the deadline not being scheduled then. When Mags posts we will advance tonight and then at night he has to post only a few games left that's pretty shitty for him and all the owner who do get there games in on time. I'm done now to nice out to waste anymore time on this thread. Have a Happy Easter everyone.

13. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

i know you guys had no problem with your game but i think if the rules are there follow them. that is my issue we got rules if everyone follows them we would be fine.

And i didn't start this form mags did so is this wrong cause we are talking about it here for everyone to see what could make this league better and right,fair for all of us in MEGA i'm trying to get everyone in the same page but your pc ways got to give lets follow the rules not bend them for pc guys only.

14. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

EVERYTHING is he said, she said. With the limited stats, and without a way to save whole games, its the way madden 10 is going to be. Like it or not.

Maybe if owners put a little more time into their game write ups, and non flame posts, and a little less time in crying/flaming on the forums, more ppl would like to come here, like to post, and enjoy mega. Owners have put more into these past couple threads then they have in a ENTIRE season of write ups.

It has now come to the point were i only come here on Wednesday night/Thursday afternoon and Sunday night/Monday morning to check on the advance and contact my next opponent because everything is so negative. Last season i tried to lighten things up with a gloating thread, and ppl told me the stfu, nobody cares....

It seems like there is about to be a mass exodus from mega...

Oh yeah, HAPPY EASTER!

15. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Hoyt everything is relative.

But here lies the problem: Stykman's hit and run posts and posts - mainly by MEGA guys - indicating a CLEAR desire for the PC days(not to mention Q's I have seen mistakenly sent to the wrong owners - conversations not meant to be seen and held between RC members, etc.). Not getting into it but I have seen them as have the owners who forwarded them to me. Never brought it up before because I definitley did not want to hurt the league.

And people who say just Q the RC - well I in fact Q'd Styk to clear stuff up. Stuff I felt was directed specifically at myself and other newer owners in his "Can O Worms" post. When you come out and publically call out 9 out of 12 playoff teams - it is not hard to figure out where this guys bullying is directed. Not a leader - a BULLY, an internet tough guy - the best kind of person. And when Q'd Styk responds with: " Tank, and don't bother responding.... NEVER send me a series of Q's like that again. I didn't bother reading. A NOVEL, yea....that about sums it up" That is what I get for trying to be an active board member, an owner who gets games in on time, writes summaries, and subs when I can. YOU ARE PATHETIC STYK. And there are nicknames among the owners for you too pal!

To any inclined go through thread again. Read the posts. You have Styk as recently as yesterday sticking up for POLO who clearly misremembers how his game went. I have played numerous mega owners - can any remember me manually moving defenders or using manual motion??? And a score of 45-32 is not running anything up! A leader should step in and nip that kind of shit in the bud, but Styk admittedly sits back and watches it blow up! Unacceptable. Then I sit back and see Polo's sorry attempts at humor - again nothing from our fearless leader back from his year 2 sabattical - a year with far less drama I might add.

I respect the history of MEGA. I do not respect STYKMAN's lying - did you "just disappear" last year STYK or did you really have an emergency? I can find threads where you claimed both to suit your purpose - CLOWN.

Rules are rules. And where HOYT may not have a problem with Stealth - and I completely agree it is noones bizbut theirs - it sets things up for problems down the road when someone else has all the balls bounce their way against HOYT only this time he decides to be less forgiving.

3 seasons, numerous great games - I enjoyed our games immensely GT, even after unnecessary public bashing of one another - but to have someone who apparantly equates a 7 or 8 sentence Q with a "Novel" and who needs to take "vacation days" to read these threads then declare I am not "scoring any points in his book" (what book STYK - a coloring book who knuckledragger???) talk to me in a way I know he never would in person is something I am not going to tolerate.

I thought I had a game against Gaddy tonight. Still hope to get that in. If not oh well. And was going to possibly try to stick it out to get one more crack at another of MEGA's finest - the DRUNKSOLDIER. Scared I know, based on this post and the fact that I am just not going to take any more of the BS that we won't get to play again which is disappointing to me because you are really fun to play against and have a LION team respectable building through draft and undrafted FA - kudos.

So, to those who are still reading - hows the vacation STYK???? - thank you for the great games. Thank you MAGS for allowing me the opportunity to play in MEGA. But I will shortly retire from MEGA - unless booted sooner - because of specifically one guys complete lack of respect toward the REST of us. Again thank you to everyone for a great experience and great games! -( again until the return of STYK and his need to be in the middle of everything but winning and being decent at this game)

And STYK - DONT BOTHER RESPONDING!!!!!!!!

16. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Idiot.
    Faggot.
    Clown.

That's what I've been called today.

Nice Job guys. How old are you?

Tank, stop being immature. You Q'd me this is a span of 3 minutes...How the Hell am I supposed to read the gibberish you spew?: Please read from the bottom up.

You wanna act like you just did? Try not sending another novel.

Just for the record, the Nickname was "Tank Cheese Willis" that was given to me about your "Clean Gameplay."

Also, I'm not a clown. You are...your out.

Mandy, you are actually right. I did present a double standard. Hey guys, Run it up if you know the guy. That's the new rule.

The bottom line is that The game was not complained about...and therefore it isn't a problem. Mags even investigated it. There was no inquisition required by anyone else.

Wow. I'm just amazed at today and the immaturity. Just amazed.

Stealth...see what you started? Shoulda called off the dogs!!! I'm glad Kentucky is out.:HoosierHoo:

17. stealth

stealth Walk On

oh now that hitting way blow the belt there. heck the way its looking we might not even have enough players for next season:rolleyes:

18. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

tank cheese willis - original. knew it when you typed it tough guy. glad you saved my q's - ya get a chance to read them yet?

You asked to handle via Q - I did. I tried to be respectful and give you the other side of the story mr hit-and-run.

So again, displaying your amateurish leadership skills you again, you make yet another bad move - CLOWN.

GT - We have said our peace. Hope this doesn't re-ignite any war of words, even on my way out. I respect you as a player and really feel that we at least reached an understanding (that I didn't let CPU call plays and I agreed to be more conscious of defense next game).

Tried to take high road with POLO, but since you have made public what I sent you - and your respnse to me was again comical .

I wanted to clear up questions about my game - that was it. My mistake was thinking you were anything more than a ditch digger.

What you should do STYK is just boot all the players who's games have evolved over the years, and start a league where outside running is forbidden and you andPOLO can have a great time (as long as you're not attending any weddings).

I included the writeup form Genesis and my game from season 2. A game where he responded with "GG and GL on the season" - TRANSLATION - this is MEGA talk for wah wah wah I need milk I am a big baby and I want my genesis back. STYK man help me Tank has Peterson and I want him to pound it up the middle all game and tell him to bench nnamdi asomugha so I can complete passes to my #1 receiver.

And you know what - I earned respect from guys who I have respect for. EARNED. You earned NOTHING from me STYK - except that I would rather bail on this league than hear any more of your pot-stirring.

Too bad not one owner - with the exception of GT who at least was man enough to complain post game to me, and Scar - complained to me after our games. BTW SCAR we can talk about our game with both of us on the game logs so we will be talking same language.

Have fun guys. Just don't to too well buildig your team or n games against guys with no balls. They will run your azz out of the league.

19. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

hey stkman i don't agree on anything u have said to fix the problem if you are a(RC) u need to hear the owners complain to you even if is 3pages long that's why you are (RC) right? And you talk about immaturity but name calling keeps going and change the rules now in midseason is not the answer i was looking for again you don't want to listin to the new owners and change rules because is the easy way out of this.

by the way there is more issue that u missed on this form but then again u wish to attack the new owners in this league we are man here not kids so lets be nice with each other and fix the problem

20. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Look at STYKMAN's posts - all negative. All misinformed. All counter-productive.

Same with his response to my Q's.

He is a gossipy little man. Who likes weddings. CLOWN!!! Go gossip with your girlfriends about stuff then make a random post in the middle of the season when things are sorta-kinda moving along without too much drama.

GENIUS!!!!

21. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

AND BY THE WAY WHERE IS MAGS ON THIS ISSUE

22. gt86

gt86 Walk On

This is the type of BS I am talking about it. Instead of constructive critizism it comes down to name calling and flaming. Just pitaful and childish i thought this was an adult league or atleast it was at one point.

Mags is probably standing up from te computer saying what a bunch of 3 yr olds, that's where Mags is.

23. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

GT86 THIS ALL STARTED WITH STKMAN WITH HIS DRAMA AND I HOPE THIS IS NOT NAME CALLING BUT THAT TRUE IS OUT TANK Q HIM LIKE WE SHOULD AND WHAT DOES STKMAN DO HE POST IT UP HERE ON THE FORMS ALL OUT IN THE OPEN BUT THAT IS OK RIGHT? YOU PC GUYS ALL SAY THIS IS CRYING AND CHILDISH STUFF BUT NO ONE HERE WHATS TO FIX THE PROBLEM BUT U LIKE TO BLAME IT ON PS3 GUYS WHEN WE FOLLOW THE RULES TO THE BOOK BUT FOR STKMAN HE CHANGE IT BECUASE HIS BUDDY SAID THE GAME WAS OK AND ALL I WANTED ON THIS FORMS IS TO EVERYONE FOLLOWS THE RULE BOOK PERIOD!

24. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

I think GT is spreading blame around to all involved.

25. gt86

gt86 Walk On

yes the blame is on both sides not just one