UC 2.0 Discussion

Discussion in 'The Underclassmen' started by RRAHx2, Jul 30, 2013.

?

How do we proceed with XP glitch?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2013.
  1. Restart the league and try again

70.0%
  2. Keep the current file and stick it to any new members

30.0%
  1. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

So fellas, I have good news and I have bad news. Good news we have a new member to Underclassmen. Please welcome -Cougars- to the league! He is a veteran member and is sure to bring great experience to our league. Glad to have you, man!

Now for the bad news.. -Cougars- is not accruing XP for his created coach. This is the bug that is happening in other leagues as well. EA is working on a fix, but even if that come out there is no guarantee that it will update to existing OD's. So here are our options:

- Continue as is, and any new users will just be forced to not accrue any XP.

- Restart the OD and create a new file, that will reset all coaches back to level 1. (If you would like I can alter the starting Coach Level so that we can all be Level 3 or 4, etc. So we still have our earned skills)

The choice is up to the league. This is a crappy situation, but we have make the best out of what we got. So please vote ASAP so we can move forward. Also, any opinions, thoughts, or questions are more than welcome. Thanks, gents.

lere2001 - UK
    Snake Eyez - WSU
    Javier24 - WASH
    priestmvp - MSU
    Sville48 - CAL
    -Balla- - ARK
    oneshot24 - TEN
    Ruckus Redbird19 - ASU
    Kaizer2310 - MISS
    Mcwoods06 - UCLA
    -Cougars- VANDY

2. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

Has he tried retiring and selecting a diff team?

3. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

At this point i would finish the season out and hope a fix happens no point in restarting if its only gonna happen again 2 sum1 else, i voted 2 keep the 1 were in just until there's a fix, cause if it happens again in the new league that would suck 2 restart twice. However if we restart its not the end of the world.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  4. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

I'm not thrilled about a restart, but it wouldn't bother me that much to restart either.. I'm just waiting for this bug to pop up in my league next, if it hasn't already (am I able to see other coaches accumulated XP other than just my own?)

It's crazy how there's always one dynasty crippling bug that emerges every year w/ NCAA.. last year there was a huge issue with OD files becoming corrupted when users would save their copy of the file.. the year before it was the "transfer failed" b.s.

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Even though I'm the FNG I won't mind to continue. I was only level 1 anyways. But at the same time I do feel as if it's not fair while everyone else gets XP and upgrading their recruiting while I am unable to doesn't sit right with me either. Just my two cents.

6. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

Only way to fix this is restart and when everyone comes back, DO NOT create a coach.

7. RRAHx2

I will just set ALL coaches to the same starting level so nobody will have to create a new HC when they join. This will apply to CPU and User coaches. IF we restart. This will hopefully solve the problem. Seems to only happen to new people joining with new coaches.

8. RRAHx2

This would only be a one-time restart to see if not using created coaches will fix it. If it happens again we would just roll with it, no way I would restart 2x that would be too much for anyone. I am not opposed to either, I know EA knows about the problem, but it is unlikely they will say anything about it until it is fixed, so we are kinda praying for luck which ever way we go.

9. Sville48

Sville48 Walk On

The 2-4 team voted to keep...lol

10. RRAHx2

Lol nice man. I voted to restart. My thinking is we are only 8 weeks into season 1. If we are going to restart, I think the sooner the better, cuz if we end up having to restart later then this will all be wasted time. I would rather do it now when nobody is above Level 5-6, than have to do it later when we all have more XP under our belt. Again, just my opinion, willing ot go with whatever the league decides.

11. Kaizer2310

Kaizer2310 Walk On

As long as -Cougars- can give us some assurances that he is in for the long haul then I vote restart. If we didnt, and he was not earning XP, then that would have huge consequences later on for recruiting and user v user games. So, I think a restart is the only fair thing

• Like Like x 1
  12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I'm staying for the long haul. In my other OD our commish just set up our coaches to a level and set up our requirements for our skill trees. Also we aren't creating coaches.

13. Mcwoods06

Mcwoods06 Walk On

If we start over. Are we going to keep the same teams or switch teams and/or conferences?

14. RRAHx2

Well.. that could be a possibility, but I don't want to waste too much time if we do want to switch. Once this poll is over I will open another, discussing that.

15. RRAHx2

BTW we are at 6 in favor of restart, 3 opposed. Once majority is decided one way or the other, we will proceed.

16. Mcwoods06

Mcwoods06 Walk On

Ok. Thanks for the quick reply

17. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

wow this stinks. Get really sick of EA constantly dropping the ball. Yeah I dunno I'll go with majority. It stinks either way. I'm fine with restart if that's what we need to do but it will REALLY suck if it does it again. And here I was all excited with my recruiting this week lol.

18. RRAHx2

priestmvp well right now it is 6-3, so we could end in a tie. Cast your vote so it can be counted, please. Thanks man.

19. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

RRAHx2 looks like were gonna restart so ill switch and go with that i just didn't want 2 restart again but since u said u will only restart once then im fine with restarting.

20. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Now we will talk about our setups or if the majority wants to roll with the same setup.

21. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

I would like 2 keep it the same but that's me

22. RRAHx2

Now that we have decided to restart with no created coaches, we can move forward. The next choice is do we want to stay the same teams/conferences or do we switch?

IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE NEW CONFERENCES, LIST YOUR TOP 3 CONFERENCE CHOICES IN A POST BELOW!

23. RRAHx2

24. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Yea that does seem the easiest. Most of you guys are already used to your teams haha.

25. RRAHx2