UCF

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Nov 14, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

It was a rainy, ugly day. From the first play (a fumble deep in my own territory), this game screamed "upset!" The perfect trap game? Or just a better-than-expected UCF team gunning for the upset? Whatever the case, this was one of the most difficult games I've ever played. EVER. Down 21-3 in the 1st quarter, I didn't think I'd win this won until the final few plays. I had some beautiful videos for you folks, but unfortunately, I got ...

[​IMG]

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I had a tough one, too. CPU is putting up a pretty tough fight lately. Did we miss a tuning update or something, cause some of us are getting worked.

3. egofailure

AG, you read my mind. I played three games tonight, one here and two from Left Coast, and all three had a different feel to them. They were just flat out harder.

When I had regained control in this one and went up 24-21 after trailing 21-3, I got the ball to start the second half. In the midst of a good drive, a bad snap on a bubble screen caused me to make the pass extremely late, leading to a freakin' 70 yard pick 6 (the catch would have made ESPN's Top 10). These types of mistakes seem to effect the momentum a lot more of late. Once that play was made, it was helter skelter all over again.

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I have found it got ratcheted up pretty good about a week ago...I was playing Pitt and it flat out kicked my arse...

5. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I played Wissonsin in Left Coast last night and it didn't feel any harder then previous games. My Missiouri Tigers only have a B defense but they held the A offense of Wisconsin in check for all but the 2nd quarter of the game.

6. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Just had one of those games against an 0-8 Tennessee team. They killed me on ground. HB had 200 yards and 19 broken tackles. I hung in to win on last second field goal. Jefferson an Lee couldn't hit broad side of a barn and my HBs got dominated. Still sometimes your team plays like that. Ask Oregon :)

7. egofailure

I forgot to mention it last night, but I almost benched Parker in this one. Even with the feet planted and no pressure, he had several ridiculously bad over-throws. Felt a bit cheated until I ended up winning. ; )

The short passing game is much harder for me to stop than the running game. I'm not sure they quality as "broken tackles" per se, but it's the elusiveness that kills me. A little juke and woof! My defender's shaken like a rag doll. 2-3 yard gain becomes 6 or more.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think I'm going to make a few small adjustments. Small as in very small, which is, I believe, all we need. Also, I think I'm going to lower our kickoff power a touch. I'm booming everything.

9. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I boom everything too but i have a 99 kpw kicker. I'd be worried if I couldn't boom everything.

I think I managed the game with Tennessee perfectly in the end. I was down by seven going into the fourth quarter and didn't panic. Drove into Tennessee territory but got stalled around the 30 and settled for a field goal rather then risk going on fourth. Then I held Tennessee and got the ball back. Drove again down inside the 20 with about 2:45 left and stalled 4th and 4. My offense hadn't been performing all game with poor run blocking and throw accuracy. Instead of risking fourth down I kick the field goal and held Tennessee to a three and out! Drove back down and kicked the game winning field goal. Thriller of a game.