UCLA 24 at UW 21

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BRUCE80, Dec 2, 2010.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

This game was almost a total copy of the Stanford game.

We got off to a great start we led 21-0 at the half, Jeff Banks threw for three first half TDs. We actually picked off a pass in the first half of this game with a well designed under zone by star OLB Shipley who would pick it off and take a knee.

Then at the start of the third qtr our kicker again blew a FG from 49 yards with a 13 mile per hour wind at his back he managed to leave it short and the game flipped with UW taking some huge MO there.

The rest of the second half UW spent in our backfield as we couldnt block them and they drove up and down the field to pull within three. They were passing the ball at will ins and out working to perfection and keeping us off balance.

We got the ball with over three minutes left and UW had all three TOs left. We put a great drive together and ran out the clock, we marched from our 30 or so inside the Huskie 10 yard line to seal the huge win on the road.

We need a new FG kicker in the worst way and to get our DBs on the juggs machine.

We had to retool our game plan after getting beat by Rutgers and Cal earlier this season and we have become more of a ground and pound team picking our spots to pass and it worked out with less turnovers and more ball control we keep our suspect young D off the field. Lacking playmakers on O has really hurt but we do have some solid players so we are trying to play more to their strengths.

On D we have taken the foot off the gas some and have become more of a bend dont break D, we cant force teams into anything so we just try to play it smart and keep the ball in front of us rather then over our head. Less blitz and less BnR outside have led to better coverage and less big plays given up. We are very young on D so things are looking up for us next year on this side of the ball.

Overall a nice Pac 10 road win at UW which isnt an easy place to win these days.

Dan Thomas again was the POG with 136 yards rushing in the game and the great ground n pound late to help us seal the win.

UCLA wins 24-21.

GG Helli.

2. jfosh

jfosh Super

NICE win UCLA now F off

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah UCLA just played better than us, we need to get better players, a better scheme, get some audibles, you know... Actually put some work into it, but it might be awhile till I have time for that. :) You're not gonna beat UCLA without a game plan. We made a good comeback attempt and it fell short.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

BTW it's funny how two people can have such different outlooks on a game. For the first half I was a zombie, I wasn't even audibling my defenses up, just running bone stock vanilla bullshit with my screaming newborn battling my wife for supremacy.

To you the missed field goal gave me momentum, to me it was my daughter going to sleep lmao.