UCLA 24 at Wisconsin 3

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BRUCE80, Apr 8, 2011.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The story of this game was the Bruins D. After scouting the Badgers we saw the D was very very good but the O lacked a strong armed QB to make up pay in single coverage so our game plan was simple, play ball control on O and try not to make mistakes on the road and force the Badgers to make long drives against our talented D.

We got the opening kick off and marched down the field for a td drive of about 76 yards, a couple passes to our TE and some mixed running from a few different backs ended in a short TD run.

Wisconsin would move down into our redzone but a sack would stall the drive and the Badgers kicked a FG to make the score 7-3. The badger runners broke several tackles one on a screen pass that would have been no gain, then a five yard gain, but turned into a 40 yard gain due to great running. The qb was also able to slip a sack attempt. Great job by the Badgers to make something happen on that drive.

It would remain that way as we traded punts with the Badgers and a pick or two, one late in the first half inside our 10 when the Wisconsin QB got hit and our MLB was standing there and grabbed the ball.

The halftime score was 10-3 Bruins.

Early in the second half Wisconsin was driving at about midfield and would throw a ball into what looked like great coverage, our best CB was staring into the backfield and looked in position for a pick or bat down on a third and long but the ball wizzed by his helmet into the Badgers WR, but then Keller would spin matrix style rip the ball and OLB Motley would bend down to grab the pick...crazy play and a tough break for the Wisconsin team.

We couldnt take advantage however as our drive would stall out when we made a stupid decision in such a tight game and went for it from the half yard line on 4th down and got stuffed. The score remained 10-3. Should always kick the FG there and get that two score lead, but we had been playing very good D most of the game and wanted to try and put it on ice right there.

After a couple first down the Wis QB would force a throw at S Beverly who would make him pay with a pick, this time we didnt fail as RB Merritt would blast off tackle for a TD to make the score 17-3.

We then stopped the Badgers on downs, up two scores with the Badger D stacking the box with three time outs left this game wasnt over... we went for the kill shot as QB Cook would launch a great 54 yard bomb to Brandon Collins who had gotten behind the CB caught the pass and carried it in for a score...24-3 Bruins.

From there we played some D got a stop and ran the ball for a first down and knelt out the clock. I think thats how it ended anyway.

Our gameplan worked out, we forced mistakes and didnt make any (outside of not taking the points), played it conservative against a very good Badger D and it led to a huge road win against the #2 team in the nation.

GG Jms.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah I had a nice game plan and it was working but when we got to the redzone we fell flat on our face. It is tough when you look up and everyone is covered...i mean what do you do? With the talent so good on both sides of the ball for UCLA there wasn't much Rusty had to do. I gave him short fields and never really put the pressure on him. I mean his QB was 6/9 and his HB had like 50 yards. He was always in the drivers seat.

GG and good execution.....wish we played last season. :(

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

A nice win for UCLA. Basically similar to me vs. Wisconsin last season except Wisconsin managed to at least kick a field goal.. lol

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

lol

I was going to go for a 61 yarder late in the game to make it 6 b/c the justin crowd was getting rowdy but had 12 MPH winds against me so I had to pack it in. Young Flemming was upset.:rolleyes:

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

SMH. Flemming would've hit it! Guy's got ice water in his veins :D