UCLA - The Parrothead

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Parrothead, Jul 14, 2009.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

UCLA - The Parrothead

Playbook:

Offense - USC (updated 2/17)
    Defense - 3-4 (updated 2/19)

2. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Ball State Cardinals - Riptides

Gyabot........

3. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Offense - USC
    Defense - 4-3

Has a VERY good running game. I pride myself in being able to stop the run well and he ran the ball ALL over me at the beginning of the game. Unfortunately for him, he lost his star HB for basically the season in our game so that put a bit of a damper on his running game.

Passing game wise, will definitely make use of the PA Pass to compliment the run.

I'm sure with his star RB gone for the season, he'll be changing up his offense some though so look for maybe more passing or maybe even a change in playbook.

Defensively, I was able to pass the ball on him pretty easily, but that was more a function of my playbook and playcalling than his inability to play defense well.

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Offense:
    Balanced attack. will show you the option out of single back formations. Motions his WRs all over the field. Ran all over me(especially after the blowout had been decided lol). likes to bounce runs outside.

Defense:
    was very good at defensive keying for the run. be sure to mix up your run plays and dont always run to the strong side like I tried to do because he will defensive key your run game to death. very good all-around on defense I couldnt get anything going at all. user controls the FS and LBs usually.

5. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Offense: Ran the ball. 39 rushes, 9 passes. Did lots of WR motioning. When i was in man coverage he would motion the receivers to the same side, then run an option or toss around the opposite end. When he did throw, it was usually long and down the middle.

Defense: Did a fair amount of blitzing. Likes to control a LB and run him around the end or a takes a DB and moves him towards receivers over the middle, often leaving his assigned man uncovered. Likes to freelance and has good anticipation.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Central Michigan @ Northern Illinois
    Season 2 - NIU wins 26-23 in 2OT

Offense - USC
    Defense - 4-3

Offense - He trys to establish the run, and will use it through out. I did a good job of shutting it down (27 attempts for 29 yards), but he really tore me when he went to 4 and 5 wr sets. I played nickel and dime during those sets, but his receivers still managed to make big catches over the middle, and get some yards on the flats (his two main targets - flats & middle). And just an FYI, his 5 wr set is out of empty, so it kinda still gives the elusion that it is a run attack since he's undercenter...imo. idk..

Defense - He played a lot of man coverage. Not only that, but when I would catch him in a run vulnerable play it most of the time be blown up by his DT. That DT was unstoppable. I remeber one play where there were two O linemen blocking him, no other defenders to stop me, and he squeezed through and made the tackle. All I can really say, is that he plays a lot of press man, and gets good pressure with his D line alone.

Great game man...I've got a lot of respect for you style.

7. dub

dub Banned

Offense - USC
    Defense - 4-3

Ran a lot of zone when I was passing and 4-4 when I was running. Used his FS all game, and was nice with him. Usually I salivate when someone uses there FS, but he was actually pretty good with him. I remember two plays, it was the same play. I ran a wildcat, and the first time I made a mistake and ran right into him as he was being blocked. If I didn't do that, I would've taken that for a big gain, maybe a TD because everyone was blocked. Was thinking I need to run that again. The next time I ran that play, he blitzed in from the FS and blew it up in the back field.. great play

Likes to run, and run often. He did get some passing plays going, but couldn't get into a rhythm.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Season 3: Central Michigan over Northern Illinois, 35-24 w/ a 21 point 4th quarter come back!

Playbook:
    Offense - USC
    Defense - 4-3

- Once again, a great game!

Offense
    - It's hard for me to remember..but he was pretty consistent w/ his play calling all night.
    - Established the run first, was forced to pass some late.
    - Neither team had any turnovers until the final minute of the game, he took care of the ball.
    - He will run a few options with his QB, he wasn't very successful with them against me.

Defense
    - He did a really good job containing me all night. I couldn't consistently move the ball.
    - your best bet is to pound the ball up the middle (I am mostly a shotgun team)
    - I don't think he was rushing more than 4 most of the time, and his DE's were getting great pressure on me which is really why I couldn't get anything going. Kinda scary considering my tackles are both very experienced players.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

-------UCLA as of Season 4--------

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Season 4: Rose Bowl, UCLA 31 Purdue 24

-Offensively, everything is under center. He wants to pass first run second, I believe.
    -Like passes over the middle, mostly dig routes. Hit the TEs frequently, and sometimes he goes immediately to the flats to pick up quick yards.

-Defense, he got very good pressure with his front four.
    -It felt like he played a lot of man, and when he did it was also pressed up.

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

very defensive game:

Offense: pound the rock, then go 4-5 wide on passing downs. He is a pretty consistent play caller and can be aggressive if forced to put would like to run the ball and then pass. switch up coverages but cover 2 will most likely be effective. 5 wide likes the short, flats and high percentage throws.

Defense: plays very good defense, I only had two good drives. Can run the ball as I went 23att-136yards. passing game wasnt any good 8-20 and I put that on my FR QBs accuracy, but did scramble well. bumped and run coverage and zones, not too many blitzes but dline creates good pressure.

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Offense-- Played a very contolled game, solid all around. Used a run-first attack, but I think that was primarily to set up his passing game. Used many different sets, basically all looks. I don't remember him running out of the shotgun at all, only passing.

Defense-- Solid player, used the FS almost exclusively. Played very well with him, too. My team was so over matched, he really didn't need to do anything fancy. He just played me straight up, very few blitzes. A lot of zone where he dropped 8.