UCLA vs WSU

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Is it too late to readdress the debate about which school would have the better season? I'm referring to in real life BTW....

recchem2000
    gowazzucougs
    Jayrah

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Is there a reason I was not invited to this? :p

4. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

We need to fire our DC immediately. Its so dissappointing the way we've played on defense. Yesterday when he was talking to the defense during time outs he looked like he was talking to a 3rd grade team. Just coddling them. And that's how they played. Its pathetic! We have athletes all over the field but some of the coaches are pussyfooting around and its mercelessly awful to watch the talent we have get destroyed. The playcalling on both sides is terrible by the way.

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

That was a heck of a win by the Bruins yesterday Zach. Admit it, how drunk did you get last night after the game?

6. Cheez

So drunk that I dont think he's going to be on the boards for a few more hours...

Just my opinion

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

My thoughts are this, the team shows up against Stanford and Oregon, but is no where to be found against OSU and Cal. In my mind at the start of the season if the Cougs were going to a bowl the OSU and Cal games were must win. I have hemmed and hawed about my position on Paul Wulff coming back next season. When I look at the basic facts, I don't consider the first two seasons because the team was so awful. But then I consider what I see, Wulff's in game decisions are awful the squib kick against Colorado is a perfect example, or he just has the worst luck in making decisions. Then you consider the fact that the team can't come to play against teams they have a realistic chance of winning. I am left with the opinion of getting someone else.

8. Jayrah

Youre not alone, but honestly I don't think its PW. Our DC and OC don't put us in good positions to make plays. Offense has been really good at times but too much sideline to sideline stuff puts us behind the chains too much. Defense is not in position ever. When you're defense makes the 3 worst qbs in the conference look like AA candidates, something is wrong with the coordinating. If PW wants to stay coaching, he gets rid of Ball asap.

9. gowazzucougs

But who hired them, Wulf. He is responsible for the coordinators decisions

10. gowazzucougs

I still believe that recchem should root for the Cougs because the Bruins still need to beat USC, which is not automatic

11. Cheez

At least you dont have Ron Zook...

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I am Forest, we need at least another ASU defeat to have a shot...I don't think UCLA can go into Utah and win, im hoping they can but the one time they went there they got destroyed a few years back. I was pretty happy with the win Saturday though. Good thing the ASU kicker kicks like your kicker here :)

13. Jayrah

Ucla will not beat Usc this year. Point blank.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Way to go out on a limb there Jayrah :rolleyes:

15. Jayrah

Last time I went out on. a limb, it broke :(

16. Jayrah

Well. Ucla choked and wsu stood up last night. It simply amazes me how huge home field advantage is in college fb, and in particular the Pac 12. That was only the Cougs 4th true home game and they are 3-1 in those games. Utah played a gem at home but most likely (if they live up to form) will come in and get beat by a rejuvenated Cougar squad. We'll see of course.

Did you know?: Pac 12 has 4 of top 5 most penalized teams in the country. More proof that when I or any Pac 12 team fan complain about crappy officiating, I'm probably right. Lol. A couple bad, bad calls in wsu/asu game last night on a weak celebration and a hit on qb as ball was released, but overall a decently officiated game.