UFC 107

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by HotRod, Dec 14, 2009.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    UFC 107

Did anyone see what BJ Penn did to Diego Sanchez's face? If not here's what an ass whooping looks like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dude had a 3 inch gash to the white meat in his head, a broken nose, and a split lip.

Sanchez only landed 8 of 108 punches in the fight while Penn landed 70% of his punches. DAMN.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

That fight was never close, you would think as talented as Deigo is he would do better....but nope Penn totally out classed him. They arent even in the same league. One thing you cant question is Sanchez's heart, toughness and chin...man even my son was calling for the fight to be stopped, he felt really bad for him.

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I agree dude did not quit despite getting destroyed. My question is, why did his corner keep telling him to try to take Penn down when he failed over and over again?

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I think they kept telling Diego to take it to the ground cause that is his biggest strength, and also to save him from the standup.

The UFC could be in trouble though at this point. There isn't many more interesting inter-weightclass fights left out there. BJ Penn, George St Pierre and Anderson Silva have decimated their respective weightclasses. There really isn't a viable fighter than they have at 185, 170 or 155 left to throw at these guys. And while "dream" matchups such as GSP moving up to fight Silva or Penn moving up to fight GSP would be great for a 1 time buy thing, you need some staying power/buildup of title contenders to keep things going in the long haul.

The heavyweight division is also in shambles, but that is more because of Brock's sickness. As good as Mir looked Saturday, even if he becomes the interim champion, the question will always linger if he could be a healthy Brock. And that answer might never come depending on if/when Brock comes back.

Right now, the lightheavy division is really the only one with 5-6 viable competitors for the belt.

Time for the UFC to raid Dream or Strikeforce I think.

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I thought the card as a whole was excellent. Mir dominated and Florian stopped Guida who hardly gets stopped.

The BJ fight was absolutely incredible to watch. The new in shape BJ is such a joy to watch. His counter punching and balance when Diego tried to take him out was pure artwork. Am I the only one that kept laughing when Diego kept giving the mean mug before each round? Dude, you're not scaring BJ, just stop it.

6. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

YES! YES! YES!

LOL....

That dude is a joke. Got his ass straight whooped. I was laughing at this dude's face. He seriously thought he was going to do something to BJ. Well he was no where close to the planet BJ was on. I kept thinking, there is no way for this dude to score any points or win. He can't take BJ down. BJ is too damn good with his take down defense. Diego showed no boxing ability and punching power as well. I kept telling my dad, how the hell did this dude win fights?

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I still think Florian could beat Penn.

Or maybe I just hope he could.

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Did they ever figure out what is wrong with Brock?

9. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

There is no way in hell Florian beats Penn.