UFC 2009: Undisputed

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Shaun Mason, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    UFC 2009: Undisputed

Anyone play the demo?

I played it all weekend. I think anyone who is a fan of the UFC, or just likes a good sports game will enjoy it.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

how do u get the demo??

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    If you preordered from Gamestop, you got the demo a few days early.

It should be up on Live soon.

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I am psyched for this game. Everything I've read on it has been positive, including the grappling system and ground game which I was afraid was going to suck. But if they can get that right, with the graphics and standup...wow. I might be holding up a few of my NCAA leagues while I play UFC

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

what does the online component look like?

If the game is good, it could be something i would support.

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

doubt there is anything like a league or something like that. most fighting/boxing games "career" mode consist of you starting at the bottom with either a created guy or a real life guy and working your way to the top. if they could work in a UFC league with weekly/monthly shows, that would be amazing, but doubt it for thier first game.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

if they just have online matches we could do all the rest of the organization for the league.. it would be easy to do.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I will gamefly it.......bring it on juggs!!

9. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

100% in for UFC league!!!
    I love the idea... ranking system, fighter profiles, etc.
    Who cares if its not already in the game... we can make it happen
    (y)

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

pretty sure they have online matches, ill see if i can dig up some info while i eat lunch later. i want jms 1st match

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

game doesnt come out until end of may......got time.

yes there is online Multiplayer.......they have a shitload of fighters....damn!

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I cant wait to pound on your faces when this game comes out. We may need to have some pay per views set up...

13. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    After playing the demo all afternoon/night I would be very interested to be involved in a UFC league with you guys. The game is fun as hell!

14. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

how do you like gamefly? I've always been interested in trying it out but never have.

15. Just downloaded the Demo and this game is hella fun.

16. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

if the demo is any indication, this game is gonna be awesome!

first fight as Chuck Liddell
    - I basically was just figuring buttons out in this one and got knocked out fairly early

second fight as Liddell
    - figured out the striking, so kept my distance and bloodied up Shogun. Finally nailed him with a huge looping right that sent him into a daze and knocked him out with a left uppercut

third fight as Liddell
    - won the 1st round pretty easy with striking. 2nd round, doing much of the same...all of a sudden Rua shoots in, takes me down (I have no idea what to do) and taps me in approx 4.5 seconds

1st fight as Shogun Rua
    - I want to take it down to the mat, but Liddell sprawls everytime. He beats me into a bloody mess and the ref stops it in 3rd

2nd fight as Rua
    - I realize you have to set up the take downs. Strike from afar. Finally get Liddell down. work the ground game but he reverses it. Rua off his back is deadly though. Not sure how, but I throw my legs up and got him to tap in a triangle

17. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

This game is gonna be nuts.

My advice would be to go through the training guide, and you'll see how deep this game can get. Also as it seems to easy right now, there is different levels of difficulty in the options. No matter how hard I tried to make the fights last last night, I kept knocking the opponent out,lol. I wanted to see how bloddied and bashed they could become.

18. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

I believe this game will be real good.

19. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    The tutorial is definitely essential. Anybody can strike and block but the real depth of this game is the strategy of the clinch and knowing how to set up takedowns and what to do when u do get on the ground. I love the ground game set up of the game. I will def be copping this game when it comes out.

20. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I love Gamefly. I been a member since 10/2006. I don't even buy games anymore(Except NCAA & Madden). If you want a game, beat it in a week, send it back. Also there used games are much cheaper than going into EB or Gamestop. I would recommend it.

21. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i didn't finish dl it til late last night so just wanted to mess around. will do the tutorial today. they need to release 1 more fighter so can have a few different fights

22. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

yea i was looking at the pricing. I'd go with the 16 bucks a month one, which for a year comes out to be 192. I'm just not sure if I play enough video games for that to be worth it. That's basically buying 3 games, so as long as I played and beat more than 3 games it would be worth it?

23. ko deadeye

ko deadeye Walk On

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I think I have a place nearby that I can get the game from next week. Anyone in my general area that is interested, I may be able to hook you up.