UFC last night

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Juggernautblitz, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

UFC last night

Obviously Anderson Silva is amazing but did anyone else think there may have been something wrong with Forrest Griffin, besides those punches he took. He acted strange walking to the ring, stood in the wrong corner before the ref told him to go over to where his guys were, looked very slow and lethargic and then went down from some shots that didn't look like they should have knocked him down. He has been hit by much bigger guys like Rampage, Rashad, Jardine (I think), etc., and just seemed strange he went down on 3 punches in 3 minutes, 2 of which were jabs. Then for him to sprint out of the arena, something just didn't seem right.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I wish I saw the fight...

do they put re runs of the fights on PPV or anything like that?

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I don't think anything was fishy last night. Silva is really pound for pound the best fighter in the world right now. He is proving it by beating anyone that is put in front of him. Forrest had already been rocked twice by Silva's strikes and the knockout you saw was beautiful. Looked like a Chuck Liddell counter punch. Forrest's weight was moving towards Silva and he hit him just right.

You can buy the single fight on UFC.com or i am sure they would have the re-run on ppv

4. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Its been confirmed Forrest took off b/c he had a dislocated jaw. That's all thats know right know, or, at least thats all I read.

Good to see Johny Hendricks (an Okie baby!) get a W over Amir, even if it was a quick stoppage. Johny loves to play the bad guy, hell at NCAA nationals his JR year he made laps around the stadium with an OkSt flag encouraging the boo's, so the crowd booing last night was right up his alley.

5. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I don't doubt Hendricks could beat Amir most of the time but that stoppage was ridiculous.
    I am not taking anything away from Silva, God knows he is awesome, I just saw some things from Forrest last night that seemed off. I didn't know about the dislocated jaw.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

thanks man!

7. VTEaZyE86

VTEaZyE86 Guest

Forrest DID NOT have a broken or dislocated jaw. That was confirmed by his management.

This fight kinda exposes Forrest as not having as much talent as previously thought of. I agree, it sounds real fishy from his actions especially after the fight received a $60,000 "Fight of the Night" bonus. I agree Anderson is the best in the world right now but Forrest's actions kinda put a cloud over it. He came in with the wrong gameplan against Silva, no question. I think that he and the UFC need to re-evaluate his current standing in the division and figure out what's best for Forrest. He won't get released but they need to figure things out.

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

The best part of that fight was when Silva knocked Forrest down, and while he was on the ground he offered to help him up. And Forrest accepted it, in the middle of a fight, he took the mans hand stood up, and got knocked out. Silva was messing with that clown the whole time, never put his guard up, pounded his chest and knocked him out while stepping back.

9. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

[​IMG]

I've been watching this all morning.