UFC Tournment Tree

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Texboogie, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

UFC Tournment Tree

Bogey21
    Blaza
    Totalwreckage
    EaglesIrish5
    Texboogie
    MurkYa21
    Sirxtokexalot
    CribbsStyle

Hey guys, I think it would be sick if we could run a user tourney every once in a while. I want to see who wants in on a Double elimination Tournament Created fighter Vs Created fighter or InGame Fighter Vs InGame Fighter tournament. There is a couple of different ways of doing this.

Number 1 - Any Weight Class (User Only Tree - No fighters chosen)
    Example... Texboogie Vs EagleIrish5
    (All InGame fighters, and doesn’t matter what weight)

Number 2 - Pick a weight class. (Whole Tourney Lt Hvy, WltrWt, Hvy, Lt Wt or Mdl Wt)
    Everyone can bring in their Career CAF fighter, but can only fight a Career fighter if the other user agrees, and also has a CAF
    Example.... Light Heavy Weight Tourny -

Number 3 - We can all pick a specific fighter and run with that fighter through the whole tourney with that fighter only.

Number 4 - All CAF Tourney (We have to make sure that everyone in this one has a CAF in the same weight class. Cant fight CAF is they are in a different Wt Class)
    This one can be run like the first one where as long as you have a created fighter in your oppenents weight you can fight.

I know there is a couple different ways we could run this thing and if you have some other suggestions Im all ears. Also Reply with what tourney you want to run. We can set up 1 or 2 at a time. Im working on a Bracket as we speak.

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

While I have no problem with you running this Tex, I am going to make a few points about it.

#1 - none of these tournaments will be official TFC tournaments. nor will any records count in the league, nor will any winners receive any beneficial treatment in terms of fighter rankings or title shots or anything. they are just for fun, to practice, etc

#2 - I'm gonna be really really fucking pissed if people who are blowing off matches in the league jump on and get their matches in for the tournaments. I have no problem if you want to participate. If i have time, I might even jump in a few. but don't let me see you get in a match or 2 in the tournament and in the same week, miss a scheduled league match. that might be grounds for being kicked out of the league immediately.

3. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

yeah I would also say that if someone no shows there TFC fight but fights in the tourney that would be very disrepsectufl

4. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

I COMPLETELY AGREE. You shouldnt joint this; No wait, let me rephrase. DONT join this Tounament if you cant even play your league matches. And the Tournys are going to be a little more strick with matches. Remember they are double elimination. (Of course we need to feel out the first one, so the first couple will be more flexable)

These are Tournys for people to Pick some different fighters, in different weight classes. There will be multiple Tournys and Im going to give like $5 (Paypal) to the winner. At least for the first couple. Nothing big, just something to fight for. And the BRAGGING RIGHTS OF COURSE.

This tournament will help players sharpen their skills, and Bring a whole new apect to the TFC league. Im putting together a bracket now. Let me know if your in and let me know which tourny we should run for the first one.

Tournament Suggestions

NO SURRENDER - 1
    1 - Any Wgt Class (In Game Fighters only)
    2 - Any Wgt Class (Career CAF vs CAF - Fight below Overall 98) Also In Game Vs In Game.

3 - Light Heavy Weight (In Game only) I'm leaning toward this one for the first one

Blaza
    Totalwreckage
    EaglesIrish5
    Texboogie
    MurkYa21
    Sirxtokexalot
    Bogey21
    CribbsStyle

?? HotRod
    ?? DigginGraves
    ?? Marcman777
    ?? RynoAid
    ?? Pryor 2
    ?? BigHoff63
    ?? Bondzai007
    ?? Bruce80
    ?? JMS493
    ?? BBJ

5. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

I would say UFC fighters only as they are avail to everyone

6. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

Yeah I'm game...Light Heavy sounds good

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

will pass on this one since im gonna be gone this weekend

8. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

Tournament Fighters

I have a couple guys who arnt in the league that would like to join. This is fine, but you have to let me know and post your Xbox Live ID as well as some kind of contact info. If your part of Triditions just put the Site user ID. If your not include your e-mail address. And you can invite some friends if you would like.

9. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'm in .

10. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

Anyone else in?

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I guess Im in..my names up there

right now, I am doing xbox live through my lap top and it is kinda extra laggy on my end..

is that usual?

12. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

Just about ready.

Bogey With you in, Im going to create the tourney tree now. I will post it in the next day or two.

Any one else want in, plenty of room left????

Its up to the guys participating, what we want to do in this tourney.
    Do you want to pick the weight class per fight.
    Example. Blaza Vs. Bogey (Light Heavy Weight)
    Cribbs Vs Murkya (WelterWeight)

Or we can do just one weight class (Thinking Light Heavy)

13. ufc only lh. im in

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

depending on when you guys plan on running this, i might be in

15. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Sounds good, I will keep checking back often.

Just my two cents, but I think it would be cool to seed guys by online ranking or TFC ranking and higher ranked fighter gets 1st pick of fighter, what do ya think?

Oh and 2 loss elimination?

16. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

This Tourny is going to be a Tourney where you can pick who ever you want. And yes it is double elimination as well. I can seed the tourny due to TFC records is cool. It might take to long to figure out everyones online record.

Just trying to decide if the Bracket should be Any weight class Any fighter or just one weight class and you can pick how ever you want.

But this one wont have assigned fighters, if anything It will be just one weight class.

17. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Im down to do a tourny for each weight class, and have torney belts for each or something like that.

18. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

Yup, Your thinking on the same lines I am.

19. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

pretty disheartening that with all this talk of tournaments....3 people have quit and only 4 matches have been completed in over 2 days.

maybe we should stop the "league" and just have this to fuck around with so anyone can participate

20. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

The only people talking about the tournament are the guys who finish their matches. I always get in my matches, and the other guys are just waiting for their opponents. ALSO just like you said, there are a couple people who quit and Im trying to make sure this thing keeps kicking strong. If anything you should happy to see we have other people making an effort to keep the league alive.

21. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Let's see....

Bogey quit the league, and immediately jumped into the tournaments

In over 3 days, there have been 6 of 14 matches completed on this card. 2 of which were mine, and 1 was a cpu match. So really 3 of 11

And after everyone said they would take on 5 fighters...1 person actually selected someone in the expansion draft.

All the while, it takes me close to 2 hours to update everything and create/type up the cards.

So no I'm not exactly happy.

22. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

Fine Tourney CANCELED

Fine, Then I guess Im canceling the tourney then. What ever man

23. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I never said that. I never said I had a problem with you running them. I even said I might join depending on when the matches will be scheduled for.

I have a problem with the league dying down and basically me wasting my time. Yeah, there are a handful of guys who really participate, get their shit done, add to the league. But the cons are outweighting the pros for me at this point.

24. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

Honestly bro, what do you need help with? If you want help drawing up some of the cards and events, let me know. I have no prob goin and doing some of that stuff if you want to. If you need help doing some of admin or anything else, I willing.

25. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I need help getting guys to get their fights in. You got some money? Can you an TWrecks do a Jay & Silent Bob?

I could actually use help with the rankings/standings as that is a pain in the ass after every card. Maybe between you and TWrecks you can split up the 5 weight classes and do that