Ugh ... another slider discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Feb 19, 2009
    Ugh ... another slider discussion

OK, in response to the near-constant bitching about the CPU being too good, I am going to make yet another change in difficulty. After toning down the CPU defense against the pass (a change we have taken pretty big advantage of) I am now going to tone down the CPU offense.

Expect a five point dip in CPU QB accuracy, and a ten point drop in RB ability. That should take care of the broken tackles, and make the CPU miss enough throws to ensure that we never actually have to stop anyone ourselves.

OK, enough busting your collective chops. Bad CPU teams are having more success than they probably should. I'll address it. But keep in mind that a solid CPu, especially one that can run the ball, is about the only way to keep you guys from lighting it up every week. One way or another, I have to keep that clock moving, and keep you guys out of the sixties. With this stuff in place, Sample would have scored 90 last week. That's no fun, either. And since we have opened up the passing game, things are going to elevate big time in the coming weeks, as you guys discover where the holes in the D are and exploit them.

Like it or not, we have to stay beatable. But I think these changes might help cut down some of the public chatter about unfairness, even though we tested and tested this set to death, and now hate it.