Uh oh (2014 Draft Recap)!

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by sawemoff, Oct 20, 2013.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Guess what day it is?!?!

GUESS
    WHAT
    DAY
    IT
    IS?!??!

Anybody????

Hey Baron , guess what day it is? Ah come on, I know you can hear me!

I Peench I Peench I Peench I Peench I Peench , What day is it I Peench? Hahaahaha

Listen...

[​IMG]

Let this be the go to thread after the draft ends to post your loot!

• Like Like x 11
  2. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

The Bears had quite the haul in the draft, nabbing 5 players over 70 OVR.
    At #6 we took 86 OVR Randy Milsaps. Milsaps is a LE and has 88 speed with 95 Acc. He is also SS dev so he should be a absolute monster in short time.

At #16 we took CB Fisher Sargent who is also 86 OVR. Fisher has Avg dev and will immediately be our teams nickel corner. Depending on if I resign Tillman or Nmadi he may move into the starting role next year.

At #38 we took a DE named Torres who we scouted a little bit before the draft. He ended up being a 74 but went up to 80 in the speed rushing scheme. He will be a nice spell player for when Milsaps or Washington need a breather.

Those are the three main guys from the draft that are gonna see major time. I took a flyer on the best safety available in the 3rd round and he was a 72. Then I drafted a small WR who is a 72 but wont see any play time. Overall this was a very good draft. Milsaps was the only SS development guy and I think with him being a DE that is the best position for a player to have it. Shouldn't take long to get his BSH PWR FN moves up to a nice level.

• Like Like x 2
  3. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Tennessee Titans

Nashville, TN- The Tennessee Titans entered the offseason and the 2014 NFL Draft with plenty of needs. This usually happens when a team is in the midst of a complete offensive and defensive overhaul. Clearly the focus of the draft was to improve the offense and hope that they can outscore any opponent they face. The Titans showed an ability to score last season, and with the improvements made in the offseason and through the draft they can definitely do that.

Wille Dorsett- A pick that surprised many the 6'5" 332lb Center out of the University of Georgia looks to be an absolute dominant force on the offensive line. Originally projected as a mid-late first round pick the Titans felt the need to reach for this guy to anchor their offensive line. "We have a young offensive line and it is a place we think we can build around. We have the skill players necessary to make the plays, but we need to be able to open up holes in the run game and protect Locker in the passing game. Dorsett can definitely do both of those."

Ron Boenzl- After trading back in the second round to add a pick in the 3rd round from the Vikings, the Titans selected Running Back Ron Boenzl out of the University of South Carolina. Boenzl lacks the all around speed which is likely why he fell past his projection as a first round pick, but his great vision and his ability to find holes and burst through them gives him some serious potential especially as a short yardage back. Look for Boenzl to steal some carries from Shonne Greene later in the season.

Derius Griggs- Easily the biggest project piece of the draft for the Titans. Griggs lacks the awareness and coverage skills to be an every down player, but his ability to find the ball carrier and bring him down is why he was looked at so highly by teams. At 6'2" 242lb Griggs will definitely get some opportunities to rush the passer, and if he can gain some awareness from the coaching staff and improve on his coverage skills he could become a regular figure in the Titan defense.

Jahmal Boykin- The Strong Safety out of Clemson was a part of a defensive unit in college that was very talented but often struggled to stop opposing offenses. He is a tiny defender and lacks the necessary skills in the passing game, but with a defense facing the loss of the physical Bernard Pollard, Boykin offers to fill that void as a safety who can come into the box and throw his body around.

Adavlyan Gardner- The LT out of Utah comes in at 6'5 272lb and looks to bring some added depth to the Titans offensive line. Like many others in this Titan draft class, he has shown the ability to be a starter at this level but is clearly a raw talent. Gardner well benefit from a few years of seasoning and will be ready to go when Michael Roos and his freshly signed 2 year contract expires.

Dietrich Goodell- Easily the player that the Titans front office is most excited about is Dietrich Goodell. Goodell flew under the radar because of the quality of competition he faced at Salisbury University. But the 6'3 212lb WR is no slouch. "This kid has all of the tools that you cannot teach, and he just needs to focus on the stuff he can improve on. If we can tighten up his route running and work on his catching this guy has the ability to be a top 10 receiver in the NFL."

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Texans Draft Review

1st Round - 82 OVR DE Jacques Dylan

This whole season, many Houston fans will be watching Dylan closely as Texans owner/GM Kasper made the call to take Dylan over highly touted Arizona DE Mash Johnson. Admitedly, it might have been a mistake, but we will wait and see how Dylan does on the field. He is a smooth pass rusher who has high motor and should make some plays. He will be the best player on the D line from the get go.

2nd Round - 73 OVR G Verley Isom

Isom is a strong blocker that just needs some polish and teaching. I think as his awareness and blocking attributes come along he will do fine. He will likely start week 1 as well over new arrival Jamon Meredith, so there is some wasted money in FA (on Meredith).

3rd Round - 66 OVR FS Some guy from Hawaii

He got cut right away- was a scramble pick that I didn't have time to trade away.

4th Round - Traded away for picks next year.

5th Round - 63 OVR DT Bruce Pinkett

Pinkett should be a solid backup as we work on his awareness and technique. Another high motor guy with some good raw strength to work with.

6th Round - 66 OVR K Jamie Feder

Don't know if he will be around week 1. Not a strong leg.

7th Round - Some LB that was 53 overall from Wyoming.

Overall now a bad draft for Houston. If we would have kept our #16 pick we traded to the Bears, we could have had Mash Johnson and Jacques Dylan hypothetically- but it is what it is. Lesson learned for next year when we have 3 firsts.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

:pompous:

6. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
    Not a flashy draft for the Chargers

San Diego went into the draft looking to upgrade their offensive line and came away with two players that will be starting Day One.

In the first round, the Chargers drafted C Lee Gardea who is well-balanced and is quite athletic. Though he lacks top-end strength, his technique and athleticism should help him succeed. The drafting of Gardea may very well spell the end of the line for Nick Hardwick's stay in San Diego. The second round saw San Diego go after LG Louis Babbich. Babbich came into the draft as one of the better run-blocking linemen in the draft and appears to live up to the billing. While his pass blocking and overall strength needs some work, look for Babbich to open up holes for the running game.

The remainder of the San Diego draft picks offered nothing but disappointment. Not only did the fourth, fifth, and sixth round draft picks fail to make the final roster, but the two that did will not be expected to make any significant contribution to the team. Corner Jude Wetshemongo has good coverage skills, but his lack of speed and acceleration is scary. Seventh round draft pick Ja'Quan Hammond, has great speed, but will need to improve his technique if he is to ever see the field. Unfortunately for Hammond, he will likely be the first player cut should the Chargers need to make a roster move.

Round Pick Position Name College Height & Weight OVR Grade Depth Chart Comments
    1 25 C Lee Gardea Texas 6'7", 288 lbs 75 B+ Starter RBK 83, PBK 86, IBL 77, STR 80, SPD 80, ACC 86, AGI 78, AWR 75
    2 25 LG Louis Babbich Michigan 6'3", 332 lbs 69 C+ Starter RBK 89, PBK, 77, IBL 77, STR 77, SPD 67, ACC 72, AGI 68, AWR 75
    3 25 CB Jude Wetshemongo W New Mexico 6'2", 187 lbs 69 C- 53 man MCV 91, ZCV 75, PRC 66, PRS 72, SPD 75, ACC 79, AGI 92, AWR 66
    4 25 LOLB Enoch Cooper Cincinnati 6'2", 249 lbs 61 D Preseason Cut TAK 67, SPD 76, STR 74, ACC 77, AGI 73, PMV 67, FMV 70, BSH 71, AWR 58, MCV 62, ZCV 68
    5 25 WR Josh Rico Salisbury 6'4", 219 lbs 69 D Preseason Cut CTH 81, CIT, 76, SPC 70, RTR 75, REL 70, JMP 88, SPD 72, AGI 68, ACC 86, AWR 73
    6 25 TE Donnard Burns Ferris State 6'5", 238 lbs 60 F Preseason Cut SPD 60, AGI 58, ACC 68, CTH 49, CIT 61, RBK 77, PBK 65, AWR 63
    7 25 HB Ja'Quan Hammond Salisbury 6'2", 204 lbs 59 D+ 53 man SPD 95, AGI 86, ACC 90, ELU 73, CAR 64, SPN 75, JUK 69, CTH 64, AWR 67

• Like Like x 3
  7. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I was definitely going Center with my first pick, when you took Dorsett at seven, I started to get scared that my "#2" would not be there at 25.

8. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Definitely a reach but I figured he wouldnt last until the second round, apparently I was right

9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Dallas Cowboys Draft Recap

[​IMG]

Round #1
    LG Efrem Carrington (6'7"/288lb; 82 OVR):
    The 20 year old from Syracuse will come in and immediately start at LG. Even though his strength is not where we want it he has decent enough blocking skills to beat out 3rd year vet David Arkin. If he can perform he will be left alone but if the organization feels he is not making progress Arkin will take his place.

Round #2
    RE Stephon Richard (6'3"/272lb; 76 OVR):
    After not getting a DE they desperately needed the Cowboys pulled the trigger on Stephon Richard. This is another guy that will make an immediate impact and will start over George Selvie. He originally came from a 43 but with his size he should make the transition pretty easily. With how Dallas uses Selvie, Richard's job is his to lose.

Round #3
    DT/LE Quinten Murphy (6'2"/279lb; 75/73 OVR):
    The versatile rookie from Arizona will be playing all over the line. His skill set may have not immediately got him a starting spot but he will be taking a lot of snaps. His ability to out muscle and maneuver offensive lineman will make him a very useful player. Look for him in pass defending formations on 2nd or 3rd down.

Round #3
    DT Virgil Goodwin (6'2"/341lb; 52 OVR):
    This tub of lard was only picked because the organization ran out of players scouted. After thinking and looking around they decided to go with this big body. He has raw strength that he will use to his advantage. Do not count out this quadruple cheeseburger as he will pursue and eventually get to you so watch out!

Round #4
    CUT

Round #4
    CUT

Round #5
    CUT

Round #6
    DT Arsenio Hall (6'5"/310lb; 63 OVR):
    The second fat body taken was Hall in the 6th Round. His big frame did not go unnoticed and with Hatcher/Ratliff getting older the organization needed to try to find one more player for them to groom. He will see the field the least out of everyone but you never know if he will make that game saving tackle or sack.

Round #6
    CUT

Round #7
    CUT ​

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Draft Recap :

Round 1 - Defensive Tackle - Rico Wakeel - Pittsburgh - 84 OVR - 89 Strength - 88 Power Move - 92 Finesse Move - 77 Block Shed - 84 Pursuit - 91 Tackle - 82 Play Recognition - 77 Hit Power - 80 Speed - 79 Acceleration

Wakeel was the player that we targeted in draft as our main priority. We felt he was right in the conversation for best player of the draft and are happy to pair him with Gerald McCoy to form what we hope can become a formidable tandem in the middle of our 4-3 defense.

Round 2- Defensive End - Davarius Travis - Valparaiso - 75 OVR - 87 Power Move - 88 Finesse Move - 78 Block Shed - 77 Pursuit - 74 Play Recognition - 83 Hit Power - 76 Tackle - 81 Speed - 87 Acceleration

Travis is actually the reason we chose to draft Wakeel over the highly touted Mash Johnson. We knew that Davarius would be a good value pick for us in 2nd that we could pair with Wakeel to make sure that we filled both our needs at DT and DE. Otherwise we may have been left scrambling for a decent defensive tackle later in the draft. He was projected as a third rounder, but we felt comfortable reaching for him , especially after rumors that the Bengals were itching to trade up and grab him. We love his rushing ability and with time we feel he will turn into quite the defensive end. Travis and Wakeel paired with veterans Gerald McCoy and Charles Johnson gives us a very dangers defensive line.

Round 3 - Right Tackle - John Waksmundzki - Washington - 73 OVR - 81 Pass Block - 81 Run Block - 87 Impact Block - 85 Strength

John was a depth pick for us, we plan on running the ball alot and with John's 6'7 335 pound frame we felt like he could be an asset to the offensive line and learn behind veterans Jordan Gross and Donald Penn.

Round 4 - Right Guard - Wayne Gomez - Montana - 73 OVR - 76 Run Block - 81 Pass Block - 85 Impact Block - 77 Strength

This pick was a case of best available as we continued our focus on the trenches for this draft. We were actually targeting now Cardinals Halfback Delafonta Langi , but he went off the board earlier than expected and this is where our draft plan went to a little bit of hell. We are glad to have Gomey though and feel confident given a year or two that he will be an adequate lineman for us.

Round 5 - Strong Safety - Mitchell Drake - Colorado State - 68 OVR

This was an auto pick, was looking at my draft board and a few picks flew by without me realizing and when I looked up the pick was in. Drake is just plain not very good, shouldn't be playing on TSO, much less the NFL. We would release him if not for the cap penalty.

Round 6 - Left Guard - Barry Favre - San Diego - 68 OVR - 86 Run Block - 61 Pass Block - 74 Impact Block - 86 Strength

Cousin of future Hall of Famer Brett, all he can do is Run Block , a big mean kid who we can maybe use on the goal line when we need to earn that extra yard or two.

Round 6 - Halfback - Navari Hardin - Miami - 62 OVR - 77 Speed - 80 Acceleration - 90 Trucking

The only reason he got a look was because of his massive size at 6'5 234 and he is a Miami kid. Perhaps can see action in Down and short situations, but most likely wont. We're thinking about possibly converting him to a fullback. He will look intimidating coming off the bus though.

Round 7 - Left Outside Linebacker - Andy Campos - Georgia - 58 OVR

Auto Picked - No business being on the team.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

[​IMG]
    Arizona Cardinals: 8-8, picking 15th
    Round 1, Pick 15: [​IMG] Steven Figueroa, LOLB, Temple

The Cardinals watched their top 5 prospects roll off the board in front of them. Salivating at the prospect of securing Mash Johnson. the Cardinals saw their dreams dashed with Mash going one pick before to the Patriots The Cardinals were fortunate that Figueroa was still on the board or the warroom would have been running in circles to figure out who to pick. Figueroa blends speed (86) and power (88 STR) with solid fundamentals (85 BSH, 88 TAK) as a strongside LB. But for Figueroa to truly shine in this system, he'll have to work on his pass-rushing (73 PMW, 77 FMW).

Round 2, Pick 15: Traded to Broncos. Cardinals receive Broncos 2014 2nd Round (Pick 26) and 2015 2nd and 5th round picks

Round 2, Pick 26 (From Broncos): [​IMG] Delafonta Langi, RB, USF

The Cardinals might have whiffed on scouting Langi. While Langi does possess bruising power (91 TRK, 87 SFA, 85 CAR), he was scouted at much higher levels of Speed (A speed, actually 88) and quickness (B ACC, actually 79). Langi could still see playing time as a short-yardage back.

Round 3, Pick 15: [​IMG] Bernice Hutchinson, QB, John Carroll

The Cardinals had their sights set on Josh Mehl, but Mehl was taken by the Chiefs at the 8 spot. Sitting on Hutchinson, they scooped him up in the third round. Hutchinson has some good raw talent (90 THP, 85 SAC) and athleticism (77 SPD) but will need to work on his downfield passing to be successful (75 MAC, 77 DAC).

Round 4, Pick 15: [​IMG] Jimmy Mutin, LT, Louisville

Mutin is just... average. Below average for a LT, actually. He's not terrible at any one thing, (76 PBK, 78 RBK, 78 IBL) but lacks the natural talent (77 STR) to be impressive anywhere. Currently a body to plug depth along the line, Mutin will have to really impress to stay on the Chiefs roster.

Round 5, Pick 15: [​IMG] Gianni Perry, RE, Wayne State:

Perry could be a solid NFL starter down the road. He's got the strength (86) to be successful but needs to use his hands better to get off blocks (77 BSH). More of a finesse rusher (77 FMW over 67 PMW), Perry still has a long way to go as a pass-rusher.

Round 5, Pick 26: Rayshaud Green, WR, Who The Fuck Knows Technical College:

Fucker was cut.

Round 6, Pick 15: [​IMG] Deangelo Stone, WR, Hofstra:

Stone is a big body (6-4, 210) and little else. With brick hands (65 Catching) and little speed (85 Speed), Stone will be little more than a special teams contributor if he makes the Cards roster at all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I was planning on taking him with my fourth round pick. Didn't think he'd go before the fifth. Good pickup.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]

Round 1 (28) - RT Kristian Ralston: 6'7, 333, Louisville. 78 overall.
    Ralston is a monster tackle that is more of a run blocker (82) than pass blocker (74). Has great pancake ability (87) and a surprising amount of speed (74). Will need to develop better pass protection skills and strength before he can be considered a reliable option; even still, he may see some time year 1.

Round 2 (28) - CB Lekambrick Knowlton: 5'10, 197, UCLA. 77 overall.
    Despite being scouted heavily, Knowlton is still a very pleasant surprise at 77 overall. He has decent speed (90), but his acc (84) leaves a bit to be desired, as does his zone coverage at 76. He does have tremendous man coverage skills (86), play recognition (77), pursuit (87), and catching ability (74). Will only really see time in the dime/quarter packages, but will look to blossom into a starter with an aging CB corps.

Round 3 (16) - OLB Parker Riley: 6'1, 236, Oregon. 71 overall.
    Traded up with the Cowboys to acquire Riley, who was a guy that looked liked he had some very interesting qualities. Indeed, he comes in with 86 speed, 85 acceleration, 80 strength, 77 awareness, 84 play rec, and 86 zone coverage. He struggles getting off of blocks and needs to refine his tackling ability - but overall he is a great piece that will be used situationally.

Round 5 (28) - DT Jeremiah Walters: 6'2, 277, Florida State. 72 overall.
    A huge surprise here, as he was scouted but seemed to have C's across the board. His crazy athleticism (82 speed, 81 acc) make him a 3rd down pass rushing option, but he'll need to improve on his block shedding ability to take advantage of such athleticism. Could see limited action in the DT rotation year 1, particularly if the Giants part ways with another DT in cuts.

Round 7 (28) - TE Uche Hoskins: 6'3 263, Stanford. 68 overall.
    CPU pick. Does nothing well and may get cut.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Baron

Blame RynoAid . I was going to take Mehl in the first round but he scooped him up.

IDK if he's the answer because he was all over the place in practice and the sliders might eat him alive. Still, his 77 SPD is better than Palmer so he'll start. Dat RO cheese. :D

15. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

That would have been a nice surprise for me. I only scouted his throwing power/accuracy.

16. Baron

Yea I was a little upset that his B in MAC was a 77 though. Now I have to get that to be respectable as well as his DAC.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

Denver Broncos 2014 Draft
    1st Round: LE Antwan Bruton - 6'2" 250lbs - 77 Overall

With all of the decent CBs taken already, the Broncos went with a defensive end to boost their front seven. Bruton is a pure pass rusher with 91 Finesse Moves, 81 Block Shedding and 84 Accel. Not an every down guy for now but he could be seen when pressure is needed.

2nd Round: ROLB Boris Toodle - 5'11" 244lbs - 67 Overall

The Broncos traded up for this one and it backfired just a bit as Toodle wasn't what we had expected. Didn't scout him completely but the initial findings were promising. Still, we needed a ROLB and grabbed one before they all went. Toodle is best with taking down the ball carrier with 87 Tackle, 82 Hit Power, 80 Accel, 87 Pursuit but his low speed is going to prevent him from starting.

3rd Round: CB Dietric Rothman - 6'0" 199lbs - 69 Overall

With Champ retiring and some CB that never saw any PT declining my contract offer, we needed someone on the roster at the CB spot. Rothman is slow, something I hate in CB but his 83 Man, 80 Pursuit, 84 Play Recognition, 80 Jump, 86 Catch make him somewhat of a ballhawk. He'll probably end up in the #4 slot.

4th Round: ROLB Raheem Brady - 6'0" 238lbs - 57 Overall

Awful in all aspects. Broncos have 54/53 players and this guy looks to be getting the axe.

5th Round: Traded to Arizona

6th Round: FB Donald Strongosky - 6'0" 234lbs - 67 Overall

Overall doesn't always mean everything. I got disconnected from XBL momentarily and this pick was autoed. Well it turns out that worked out pretty well as Donald could be a threat out of the backfield or could play some TE with the following impressive attributes: 88 Agility, 88 Accel, 85 Trucking, 76 BCV, 78 Carrying, 91 Stiff Arm, 78 Catching, 80 Route Running, 85 CIT, and 80 Spectacular Catch. He doesn't have great speed or blocking but that isn't a concern to me. Virgil Green looks to have just lost his job and a spot on the team.

7th Round: CB Ahmad Gaddis - 5'10" 193lbs - 64 Overall

This guy is the opposite of Rothman, no coverage and good speed. I don't see him doing much except filling up the depth chart. This was a Delegated pick.

• Like Like x 1
  18. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

2014 Panthers Draft

[​IMG]

An ode to the man we'd have to replace, you belong in HOF Smitty!

Round 1 (29) - Carolina tried desperately to move up in this round to grab their CB of the future, but Gravity snagged him at 16. They had to wait patiently until pick #29, and WR Zachary Greenwald was the BPA on their board, and filled a very huge hole at WR. He came in at 79 OVR, 80 CTH, 86 CIT, 87 SPC, 70 RLS, 93 speed, and 91 acceleration. Zach also has nice size at 6'3" and 212 lbs. He will become the #1 WR immediately. He may be the gem of the draft for the Panthers, and a blessing in disguise for not grabbing their CB. They knew he was the most ready to play out of the WRs scouted, but not this ready.

Round 2 (29) - The Panthers panicked here as once again the corner they wanted was picked just ahead of them, so they went CB J. Olivencia. He comes in at 73 OVR with 75 MCV, 69 ZCV, 82 PRC, 77 PRS, and 85 catch. He is a bit on the slow side with 84 speed, but has some nice agility at 88. He was not the ideal pick, but maybe he can build a future at Carolina. It's not hard with the guys in front of him.

Round 3 (7) - The Panthers made a trade with the 49ers to move up this spot when they saw one of their WRs still on the board. They gave the 49ers their third round pick (29) and the third round pick from next year. Oddly enough, the Panthers snatched up the very guy the 49ers hoped would fall to them. Orlan Cosby is 6'4", and comes in at 76 OVR with 77 CTH, 74 CIT, 77 SPC, 76 RTE, 74 RLS, 96 speed, and 86 ACC. Carolina hopes that Greenwald and Cosby become names to remember in the future, and hope to wreck havoc in the NFCS.

Round 4 (5) - The Panthers used this pick from the Bucs (Charles Johnson trade) to go after HB M. Jones. He was quite a surprise coming in at 74 OVR, Carolina simply liked him because of his nice hands and trucking ability. They had a filling they'd part ways with DWill in 2014 with a tight cap, and this was a pick for depth.

Round 4 (29) - Carolina went CB again with Armani Edwards, mainly because his name was one "t" away from being fan favorite WR Armanti Edwards from App State. He comes in at 67 OVR with 90 MCV, 67 ZCV, 73 PRS, 84 speed, and 89 agility. He has a big frame and decent tackling abilities for a corner. Hopefully he will have a future in Carolina.

Round 5 (29) - The only other position scouted heavily as WRs and CBs was DEs with the departure of Charles Johnson to the Bucs in the offseason. Luckily the Panthers started at the bottom, and one of their guys was still there late in the 5th. RE Khari Ambrose comes in at 69 OVR, with 71 PMV, 76 FMV, 80 BSH, 77 PUR, and 86 speed. This guy will be a solid backup, and may take over for Hardy one day.

Round 6 (29) - One of the few remaining on the board for Carolina, they grabbed another WR in N. Strong. he has terrible catching abilities, but is a speedster with 96 speed and 91 ACC. He will be a special teams guy, and may contribute in the passing game once he builds on his fundamentals.

Draft Grade: B+ The Panthers came into the draft with just two WRs and three CBs on the roster (2 WRs before Kenjon Barner was moved to WR). They addressed those needs quite nicely, with the talent of the WRs they snagged trumping that of the CBs. Not surprising as the class seemed to be deeper at the WR position. Hopefully they have their Steve Smith replacement, and a bunch of quality guys that will contribute to this young team.​

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

[​IMG]

Atlanta Falcons 2014 Draft Recap

1st Round: DT Pierre McGriff - 6'2" 337lbs - 77 Overall

At number 2 overall, Cole Copeland and the Falcons decided to go get their nose tackle of the future after the announcement that they would be switching to an attacking 3-4 scheme with the signing of their new head coach. Pierre is an absolute hoss. He will come in as one of the strongest players in the league (95). He can easily get off blocks (86 block shed, 87 agility), a great tackler (87) and not even that slow considering all of that weight (75 speed, 79 accel). Pierre McGriff should be a star and a household name for many years to come.

2nd Round: LE Ladarris Myers - 6'5" 320lbs - 80 Overall

Ladarris was amazing to get after McGriff, the perfect compliment. This stud, like McGriff, has a great ability to get off blocks (84 block shed, 82 strength, 84 agility). Compare that with the fact that he has head cracking tackling skills (79 tackle, 86 power) and you have an outstanding value pick here. He will line up on the left with the veteran Osi Umenyiora on the opposite side and the big boy McGriff in the middle of the two and folks, there you have yourselves one of the best dlines in the game.

2nd Round: MLB Rashon Phelps - 6'3" 235lbs - 55 Overall

The overall for Phelps is a little harsh considering he does possess some good qualities I look for in a MLB. His size is nice, an 83 overall hard hitter that can accelerate into holes to stop the backs (75 acceleration, 79 pursuit).

3rd Round: LOLB Luis Carrington - 6'0" 238lbs - 65 Overall

Luis has the ideal size for the new scheme in place in Atlanta. 80 tackle, 73 block shed, 86 pursuit, and pretty agile (77). He needs to get better at recognizing plays and his coverage skills but Carrington will be looked to a lot and will learn behind the star Weatherspoon.

4th Round: MLB Nathaniel Avery - 6'3" 237lbs - 58 Overall

Another harsh overall disguised by good qualities. He is almost identical in size to Phelps, a decent tackler (75 tackle, 80 power), and OK pursuit/play recognition (78/73). He will be a solid part in special teams and certain situations on defense.

4th Round: K Tanner Squirek

A panic pick, Tanner was chosen here when the Browns surprisingly took the best kicker in the draft in the 4th round. Squirek has OK kick power (88) and bad accuracy (81). We will most likely pick another kicker up in free agency and kick this guy to the curb. (No pun intended)

5th Round: CB Jacobie Spivery - 6'2" 196lbs - 63 Overall

Not much to say here. Will only see playing time on special teams until his contract expires or he works hard on his speed and quickness.

6th Round: MLB Eddrick Bibler (CUT)
    6th Round: CB Torian Demarcus (CUT)
    7th Round: HB Oristes Madison (CUT)

• Like Like x 1
  20. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Jacksonville Jaguars 2014 Draft Summary

[​IMG]
    Round 1 - Kerrington Newsome - CB - 20 years old - 6'0 - 184 lbs - Colorado State - He was second on my board after the QB that went to Oakland. It was between he and a Defense end that I had scouted much more heavily. Many of my DB's regressed in the offseason thanks to the trainer I shit canned. Speed 95, Man Coverage 97, Zone 68 (Ouch). Fans have been lining up to buy his Jerseys with a 95 personality rating he is almost as popular as Tebow.

Round 2 - Brent Sloan - DT - 23 Years Old - 6'3 - 283 lbs - Notre Dame - I wasn't expecting him there in the 3rd round so i picked him up at this point. I needed to add depth to DT to supplement some veterans. He may get some playing time year one I was hoping he would be a tad stronger. Both Power and Finesse Moves are in the 60's so he has some practicing to do before he gets in the game

Round 3 - Ben Gomez - QB - 20 Years Old - 6'2 - 215 lbs - Wisconsin - I was expecting him to go higher than this for some reason. He is about the same Overall rating as Henne and Tebow. My only concern with him is his THP of 87. I like his PA rating of 85 as a rookie and he has decent speed of 75. His signing lead to the release of Matt Scott the first week of the preseason. Much like Newsome, his Jerseys are outselling Tebows even if he is riding the pine.

Round 4 - Carroll Nealy - DE - 21 Years Old - 6'4 - 260 lbs - Central St Oh - This guy is a head scratcher. He showed up as a C OVR but is now rated at a 49 on his natural position LE but a 65 on the RE side. Low 60's on his moves and a 61 on block shedding.

Round 5 - Spencer Reynolds - C - 20 Years Old - 6'5 - 298 - Richmond - Purely a Depth Add especially with an F rating on pass blocking. Brad Meester retired at age 77 this past season leaving only one center.

Round 6 - Zac Nicasio - OLB - 22 Years Old - 6'2 - 244 - Stanford - 58 OVR I hope he does not see much playing time. Nothing really sticks out about him at this point other than being there for depth.

Round 7 - RB Whose Name I forgot and I cut him. He wound up having great speed but did horrible in practice so to the curb he goes.

• Like Like x 1
  21. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland came away fromt he draft this year with starters at QB, WR, and FB. Of these three, none may end up being superstart players, but improve on the players the currently have and should add to the young, talented base that already exists. The drafting of QB Louis Musgrove ushers in yet another chapter in the Browns search for a franchise QB. Musgrove holds a slight edge in talent over Weeden, but is also nearly 8 years younger and should serve as the QB of the cycle. Otherwise, much of the draft will be backups and special teamers to develop for the future.

tmfl.png tmfl2.png tmfl3.png tmfl4.png tmfl5.png tmfl7.png tmfl4b.png

• Like Like x 3
  22. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Saints 2014 Draft Class

gif.gif
    Round 1 - Pick 31 - FS Dametric Molton (61 OVR) - Struck out here with this draft pick. Molton is a great zone coverage FS (his ZCV came in as an 88 - was scouted as an A), but his extremely poor man coverage (MCV came in at 66 - was scouted as a C) and slow speed (76) will likely make him a career backup for the Saints.

Round 1 - Pick 31 - HB Tavaras Showers (76 OVR) - We reached to get Showers here and we werent disappointed. Showers speed wasnt quiet as high as I would have liked (scouted as an A - came in at 88), but he has some great potential. Will immediately challenge Ingram as the starting HB.

Round 2 - Pick 9 - WR Tyson Ellington (77 OVR) - Ellington was a guy that was high on the Saints draft board, although this is not the spot we expected to grab him. Ellington has the potential to be a very solid possession receiver and his big body (6'6", 231 lbs) is the perfect frame for it.

Round 3 - Pick 27 - C Randy Albrecht (59 OVR) - We had an immediate need at center and reached trying to fill it. Likely will be cut.

Round 3 - Pick 31 - FS Jerron Branch (66 OVR) - Pretty much a Molton clone (which is depressing considering where we took Molton). Branch will likely be kept around to fill ST duties, but its highly unlikely he'll ever see the field.

Round 3 - Pick 32 - C Becket Jasmin (58 OVR) - An Albrecht clone, although slightly better (despite the lower overall). Jasmin will likely be kept around in purely a backup role.

Round 4 - Pick 9 - DT Immanuel Veal (58 OVR) - A blind pick here as all the DTs I had scouted at this point were gone. Despite his low OVR, Veal will be kept around in the short term as our #3 DT in our 3-4 scheme. He will likely never see the field though.

Round 4 - Pick 16 - TE Jackie Garner (63 OVR) - Garner definitely wont be the Jimmy Graham for the future for us, but is a solid blocker and fits in decently as the #2 TE on the squad.

Round 5 - Pick 9 - RE Malik Unsell (63 OVR) - Another blind pick here trying to fill a need for a backup at RE. Unsell will be kept around in the short term in hopes that practice will make him a decent backup.

Round 6 - Pick 9 - QB Ty Hoobler - (68 OVR) - Hoobler is surprisingly a half decent QB. His THP, SAC, and MAC are all manageable, while his DAC definitely needs some work. In the short term though he'll do just fine sitting behind Freeman.

Draft Grade: B-
    If you go by what I picked this year alone, then I'd probably give myself a C- or D+. If you take into consideration all the picks I traded back (once in the 2nd and multiple times in the 3rd) and acquired for next years draft (I now have three 1st round picks and five 2nd round picks next year), things turned out OK. With all the picks I had and limited scouting points (still dont have the scout package) it made things a bit rough. I likely will have much more scouting points next year allowing me to scout a little deeper into players.

23. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

The Jets added a 4th round pick next year and was able to grab a decent 3rd TE in Grayson Paul who should help in the passing game.

The Jets traded their draft to add Jimmy Graham - and they are pleased with how he is already fitting into the offense.

There is a slim chance any of the other selections are able to make the roster - but its too early to tell.

24. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

1st Round

LT Frank Adenshina - The Lions drafted the best run blocker in the draft at LT with 89 run block and 74 IBL. He will immediately start at RT and will be an easy piece to mold into a stud run blocking lineman.

2nd Round

RG Resard Smoot - This was the highest run blocking lineman in the draft, with 92 run block 84 Impact Block. He will be a project guy for us as he needs to work on other skills to start. He will play backup this year, and hopefully we can mold him into an elite run blocker by next season.

3-5 pick were all traded away

6th Round

Drafted the best FS left, who sucks and will just be depth until he is cut

7th Round

Drafted a QB who is horrible, but will be the backup for now. If Stafford, god forbid, were ever to go down this guy would be cut and a backup would be signed from FA.

• Like Like x 1
  25. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

The Washington Redskins 2014 Draft Recap

WR – Jarrad DeCarvalho
    6’2” 209 lbs
    Cal State University Northridge
    10th Pick, Round 2

The Washington Redskins went into this draft missing a first round draft pick due to the trade with the Rams in the 2013 draft that led to the selection of Robert Griffin III. Heading into the 2014 draft, the Redskins had cut most of their wide receivers and were only left with three so it was definitely a need for them heading into the draft.

The Redskins were set to pull the trigger on Tyson Ellington if he fell, which it looked like he was until he was taken the pick before by the New Orleans Saints. Jarrad DeCarvalho was still on the board when the Skins were up and they didn’t think twice on drafting him. DeCarvalho has good hands with an 84 catch rating, and is fast with 95 speed. He’s not going to make unbelievable plays with a 68 spectacular catch, but he’s a solid route runner at 77 and his catch in traffic is decent with a 70.

The Redskins plan on working on some fundamentals with Jarrad in training camp but he should be an immediate starter come Week 1.

MLB – Phillip Fontenette
    6’4” 240 lbs
    Penn State
    10th Pick, Round 3

MLB was another priority on the Redskins agenda going into the offseason after cutting former John Carroll University standout London Fletcher. Through free agency the Redskins were able to pick up Kavell Conner who’s expected to start opposite Perry Riley, however the Skins definitely needed depth at the position and a starter of the future.

Fontenette’s biggest battle is going to be his speed. He’s slow with a 69 speed rating. However, he’s a solid tackler at a 78 and is very strong with an 88 rating there. He’s got good block shedding ability with a 74 and excellent pursuit at an 88. Fontenette definitely has a decent skill set as he begins his NFL career, the question will be if he can keep up with the speed of the pro game. Only time will tell.

WR – Tate Buhagiar
    6’4” 205 lbs
    Scottsbluff Junior College
    10th Pick, Round 4

The Redskins went back to the well for another WR with their selection of Buhagiar in the 4th round. Looking back on the draft this might have been the Redskins worst pick due to where they picked him vs the selection itself. Tate definitely looks like he’s going to be a project, but has some skills which they can build over time if the team goes that direction. His hands need work with just a 66 catch rating, and his route running is poor at a 60 overall. Release is a bit better at a 67 rating and his jump is decent at 73 which is good considering his size. What makes Buhagiar an interesting prospect is he does have a 96 speed rating and a 93 acceleration. Building up his catching and route running might take time, but if the team is patient, he could end up being a good wide out.

CB – Shon Maclin
    6’0” 197 lbs
    Mississippi State
    10th Pick, Round 5

If history tells the Redskins anything is that you can find great value in the lower rounds of the draft at the secondary position. Last season the Redskins struck gold with Baccari Rambo in the 5th who arguably was one of the best players on the Redskins defense last season making a huge impact in his rookie season.

Maclin isn’t expected to be Rambo this year, as the Skins have a nice stable of cornerbacks but he is expected to bring some needed depth to the unit. Maclin is very well rounded for being drafted this late in the draft. He has a 73 man coverage rating and a 70 zone coverage rating. He’s weak with press coverage at a 65 overall, but has good pursuit with an 82 and good tackle for a corner at a 76 rating which is important in the Redskins defense. His hit power is also good at a 77 and his jumping is very good at 83. What makes Maclin an interesting prospect however is his 86 catch rating, however what can limit his ability in the NFL is his 74 speed rating which is very slow.

The Skins plan to take a close look at Maclin in training camp to determine if he can make an impact off the bat, but it is going to be a stretch.

WR – Jacorius Criss
    6’1” 222 lbs
    Drake
    10th Pick, Round 6

Another WR? Well, yes, actually. The Redskins continued the Wide Receiver route with their third WR selection in 5 picks going with a possession guy out of Drake. Criss was actually rated similarly to the Skins 4th round pick, Tate Buhagiar so they decided to pull the trigger in the 6th round.

Criss comes in with a solid 83 catch rating and 83 route running as well as a 74 catch in traffic and 76 spectacular catch rating. He has a great jumping rating of 85 as well. Jacorius will need to work on his release which is a 69 and he does have some speed issues at only a 77 overall, but the Skins will give him a look and see if he can be a solid possession receiver for the team.

MLB – Iffy Kouandjio
    6’1” 240 lbs
    10th Pick, Round 7

The Redskins round out the 2014 draft with another MLB selection. This pick is looking like a long shot to make the team with no real ratings that stand out. Decent strength at 74 and power moves at 76 but the majority of his ratings are in the 60’s and Iffy is definitely slow at a 71 rating. He’s Iffy to make the team at this point, pun intended.

• Like Like x 4