ULM Spotlight

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by johngalt11, Dec 31, 2010.

1. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Kevin Jefferson

As a little boy growing up in Leon Valley, TX Kevin Jefferson always had dreams of being a big time college football player. In highschool he was named captain as a sophomore while showing tremedous leadership skills. On his highschool team Kevin never left the field as he played RB, Corner, Kicker and Punter. Kevin was not only the best athelete on the field but he had the most desire to be out there, which made him a joy to coach says his Highschool football coach. He just loves playing football. After injuring himself is senior season, Kevin lost a few steps and also lost the countless scholarship offers from big time D1 schools. After the dust cleared theo only team left was ULM.

Kevin entered ULM as a corner and did not see much playing time as a freshman. Coach Speck recalls the day he cut Jefferenson. He called the player into his office and delivered the bad news. "Kevin took it like and man and told the coach he was going to stay in school the remaining of the year and then find a Junior college to finish the rest of his football carrer at.... This coach Speck thought would probably be the last time the two would meet.

How the coach was wrong. The very next day the coach decided to allow students come to a 1 day tryout to try and find a replacement punter for the then Senior. And who would know it, the only real kicker there was Kevin Jefferson. Coach Speck did not recurit Kevin and had no idea of his talents. The next year Kevin was reshirted, but in 2014 Kevin took the Kicking and Punting duties and hasn't looked back since.

In 2014 Kevin averaged 38 yards a punt on 41 attempts. He managed to place 13 punts inside the 20 and had only 1 TB.
    As a kicker Kevin had 8 FG's in 2014 and manged 3 tackles, which he credits to his days at player corner.

Kevin is also an Academic ALL American. He shows what it truely means to be a Warhawk.

[​IMG]

• Height: 6'1"
    • Weight: 195 lbs
    • Hometown: Leon Valley, TX

2. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Hahahahha...I love it. HOF in my book.

3. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

This is just one of those stories that makes you feel good inside. Hopefully I'll get to see him punt several times when the Warhawks come to Moscow.

4. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

cant wait for the movie starring Sandra Bullock

5. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Hahahaha this is awesome

6. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Late to the party...but this story warms my heart.

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Now I have incentive for roughing the punter

• Like Like x 1
  8. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Yeah right. Punts are hard enough to come by in this league. I'd cut a player for roughing a punter.