um....

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by NYJuggalo45, Aug 25, 2011.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

So I worked a 14 hr day yesterday...back here at 8 am to do it again today, so I might be a little out of it but...

Did I get an email saying 84-77 was the final score of a game? Really?

2. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Yes that is a legit report. Parrot said it was one of those games. I thing there was some overtime involved

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I was about to post about that. There was only 7 points scored in OT I believe. I thought it was a EA bug when I saw that score.

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

It's the most ridiculous game I've ever played on both sides of the ball. It felt like I should be watching arena football. Both teams were scoring in 30 second drives. People wouldn't tackle if their life depended on it. Not sure if it was because it was a rivalry game being played in a typhoon or what. I even put tackle on conservative. One of Washington's guys had 7 catches, 5 for TDs. And they weren't short little 10 yard TDs, either. In fact, I started running a dime defense on nearly every play at one point to try and stop the deep ball. It still didn't stop it, as there would always be one guy getting behind everyone. On the flip side, my offense was having the same issues (after not knowing what to do in the 1st quarter). I fell behind 21-0 before the first quarter was over. At the half, it was 56-28 and Washington's QB had over 450 yards passing. I took time to hook up with Max and sml in their party (and whoever else was in it) to bitch about the game itself and make sure that the results for that were seen.

In essence, you know how sometimes you're in a game against the CPU and their offense is unstoppable, regardless of what you do? That was pretty much the ENTIRE game for me. For the 2nd through 4th quarters, my offense was the same way. Understandable if we want to throw this out, but it's not like I was letting them score so I could rack up stats or anything like that. I NEVER led until OT.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

There was some sort of bug that day, as every play they ran was making me sick. Not sure if the way Washington was playing against me was the same thing you got from them for a portion of your game or not. My guys on defense would literally do NOTHING, no matter what kind of play I called.

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah there was a stretch where their offense AND defense seemed unstoppable. Same feeling I had during my game with Arizona last season.

8. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Their defense came to play in the first quarter against me. After that, nobody's defense came to play. I even had one of their guys double covered and I personally rolled my safety over to help when the ball went into the air. Result? Washington dude still came down with the ball. He almost squirted free for a TD, too. Had I not been bringing my safety over, he would have. It was stupid.

9. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I've found that rain games are absolute chaos. The games I've come close to losing to the CPU have all been in the rain.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I think this is the first one I've had in the rain. I moved tackling to conservative at one point, and it didn't change a thing.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Seems like a once in a dynasty thing, just crazy.

Obviously, there is a 70-point scoring cap if it is a blowout, but I can't expect somebody to throw the game just because the cpu scored over 70...

12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I didn't stop them once in the first half. They scored a TD on EVERY possession. Did an in-depth write up on it, as I'm sure many are wondering just how in the hell it could go down. I'm still wondering.

13. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

That was my Northwestern game last season.

14. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I'm all for sticking with the 70 pt. rule. If you give up more than 70 points you deserve to lose. Hahaha.....

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

In that case, the CPU deserved to lose, too. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

who scored 70 first? mmmhmmm

17. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Yeah, we're not talking about that. :cool: