Unacceptable EA

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Brogowicz, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

So ... we got the news on August 2nd that a patch was coming to fix many of the numerous issues with our beloved football game. No one was happy to hear that the timeframe was vague (sometime this month) and suggested we might have to wait a full month for it. We did, however, adjust our expectations and waited patiently in hopes that good news would come.

We've now waited until the very last day of that painfullly-long month and what do we get? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. No news, no updates ... nothing. I really, really hope that they're planning to release this tonight, but can't even begin to explain how or why they have not posted any information on their blog. Would it be that hard to drop a:

1. We're working hard, but the patch isn't going to be ready for (at least) another week
    2. We're working hard and getting ready to release the updates [today, this week, next week, ...]
    3. These are the additional things covered in this patch ....

I absolutely hated Playstation for their handling of the PSN outage for this exact reason. I swore to never buy another Sony product (and intend to follow through on that)

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

They did give an update the other day....

3. Iron Mickey

ScreenHunter_03 Aug. 31 16.17.gif

4. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Thanks. I missed that.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Let's hope it addresses at least some of the massive number of issues with this game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Precisely. And let's not forget that sites like this one have almost completely attached themselves to the success and/or failure of EA. Do any non-EA games even get played here? As EA goes, so does TSO, it seems. Maybe we should be embracing 2K in the very near future, 'cuz this will get worse before it gets better.

• Like Like x 1
  7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I'm stoked about getting the new nhl12 game in two weeks, but I cringe when I think about the errors it will ship with and then make me wait on.

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

I have never been into the NHL games but like hockey. Do they have online dynasties for the NHL games?

9. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

The NHL series on Genesis was awesome. '94 was great, but 96' was my favorite. I never got into it on PS1 or PS2.

• Like Like x 1
  10. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

No they don't have od in nhl. What they do have is eashl where you create a player and play in a club league. I never really for into it, bit people say it is cool

11. Iron Mickey

2k does not make a Football Game.

12. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I have a Genesis Rom, NHL 94 that has updated rosters and some graphics updates. Really solid. I would run a league if we got enough guys.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Technically, 2k is not allowed to make a football game. When they were, they had a competitive product. Been years, though. Imagine what that product would be like today if 2k didn't have their rights yanked. It it could be to football what their basketball game is, we would have already switched.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I don't even like hockey but I loved hockey on the Genesis...

15. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I'd like to see how the revenue flows into the various EA teams. For example, 1M units sold at $60-something each is $60M. If 50% of that goes into marketing and distribution, that leaves $30M. I'd like to know how much of that $30M is going into game development. I'm guessing that it's not enough.

16. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Probably the most fun thing in sports gaming. Think Madden OTP, but with 6v6 humans and no CPU. Set the ratings of your guy yourself (points system so you can't go 99 overall), that increases as you play more games. Done really well.

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Well, thats normally how you run a business. If customers are buying what you have whats the point of making the 'perfect' game now? Give them a little at a time, especially when their is no competition. Put competition out there and suddenly you have to put out at least the 'better' game than your adversary year in and year out. A name alone will only survive so long (example: 2k's rise to the top in basketball). With 90% of EA's customers not even coming close to the forums designated for each game then our 'don't buy it mentality' will never win out in the end because that little hit in their pocket won't hurt over the long term. I would rather lose 10% from people not buying it to risking my entire fanbase to another company. Just plain mathematics. EA's business approach is very smart, meaning we have what we have. Improvements will come but at a very slow pace.

18. Iron Mickey

They can make a football game....they just do not have the NFL Licensing rights...example: Backbreaker