UNC 21 vs VT 20 - Video Highlights included

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by BRUCE80, Feb 18, 2010.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

UNC 21 vs VT 20 - Video Highlights included

Discuss?

[youtube]ImrsIGa3rIc[/youtube]

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

nah.............

Video tomorrow....or tonite

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

What happened? Video can wait the drama cant.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I went for 2 with 0:09 secs left to win.....need a day for it to go away!

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Needless to say I was very lucky to even have a chance to tie it up........so I said "fuck it" and lets try and end this!!!

UNC had no timeouts left so he came out in a FG block formation and I called toss left and got chased down by a safety at the 1 yd line.

Can't say I didn't try to win!

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Sorry, I haven't had time to do the writeup. I'll put it up tomorrow, but a summary won't do the ending justice. Hopefully JMS can get video up as well. Tie game with 2 minutes left and Kerr goes 35 yards untouched for a TD. UNC up 7. JMS works the ball down field and hits a bomb in the endzone to 6'6" Impact WR Ellis with 20 seconds left. I send out the FG unit--getting my mind right for OT and am literally dumfounded to see VT come out in a formation. I wasted all my timeouts on dumbass delay of game situations early. My mind told me to jump offsides but my gut told me not to put the ball on the 1 inch line. VT calls a toss, Burton gets wrapped up in the fall forward animation at the 2 and somehow falls short. Unbelievable

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

If your going for 2 in that situation, you need to let your opponent know BEFORE the play is called so that he can get the appropriate defense on the field, timeout or not.

i would have been irked at that if i was Blaza.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I agree Ryno....I said before the drive to myself I was going to go for 2 if I score....I was caught up in the moment and didn't even hesitate and I wanted it to be a surprise but do to the nature of the fact it is a video game is was most likely the wrong way to go about it.

I do apologize to Blaza for the doing this in sort of a sneaky way and I really didnt even let your defense fully set up after you audibled. Probably better off I didnt score. This wasnt the reason I lost by any means....the video will tell all and Blaza's little waste of a write up tells nothing!;)

Video is rendering now....it is a good one with replays thrown in!!

UPDATE:
    Upload started at 12:55 pm est.
    Upload complete at 1:06 pm est...700 MBs
    Video probably wont be watchable for another 90 mins though....damn youtube!

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

No HD yet but decent quality

[youtube]ImrsIGa3rIc[/youtube]

11. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Awesome work JMS. The video summarizes the game much better than a written summary could convey. Looks like your boy Phillips came back to bite you a few times. That flying interception was sick. Fucking glad Ellis is going to the NFL.

That game was an all-time classic. GG

12. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Epic. Absolutely Epic.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Here's the thing I don't understand for Va Tech... I thought they played a little better overall from the standpoint of their players... That their mistakes were more glaring mistakes on JMS's part and not that the team was sucking. So why not go to OT where each team gets an equal shot? Just a weird decision.

Phillips is a fucking stud, love the #2 looks good in UNC blue.

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

It was a 'fuck it's decision. Purely emotional and I always wanted to try it to win a game. Hey its a video game I like to do some crazy stuff sometimes.

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

True man, true.

You do a good job keeping it in perspective I think I'm a bit too competitive at times. I think i'll just make some rash decisions against Rusty today see how that treats me :)