UNC Rallies--Takes out Miami in Chapel Hill

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Blaza, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

UNC Rallies--Takes out Miami in Chapel Hill

On a cold, rainy afternoon, UNC showed its grit beating Miami 31-24 in a game they never led until Overtime. The all of a sudden resilient Dustin Clancy led the way with 185 yards and 2 TD on 28 carries.

1st quarter

The Hurricanes won the toss and elected to kick. UNC got off to a good start, slashing their way to midfield. Then disaster struck. For the 3rd time in 5 weeks, backup Soph. RB Brandon Hayes fumbled the ball on the ensuing drive.

Miami made them pay, as Super Sophomore QB A. Francis led the Canes down the field ending with a 12 yard D. Marcus run.

Miami forced UNC to punt on the next series, but Senior CB Ryan Fuller added to his legend picking off Francis on the next drive. Jeremy Gold put UNC on the board with a 41 yd fg attempt.

4:32 D. Marcus 12 yard run
    2:06 Jeremy Gold 41 yd fg

7-3 Miami

2nd quarter

Francis struck again early in the 2nd with another quick hitter to C. Williams. The teams traded blows before Clancy raced off-tackle for a 20 yard score.

7:33 C. Williams 9 Pass from Francis
    2:34 D Clancy 20 yd run

14-10 Miami

3rd quarter

Both defenses came to play and there were plenty of User Big-Hits to go around. UNC was unlucky as they forced their 2nd fumble of the game, only to have Miami recover their 2nd fumble of the game.

14-10 Miami

4th quarter

The beginning of the 4th quarter saw UNC continue to move methodically down the field. On 3rd and 2, UNC's JR QB who had been efficient all day dropped back on what was designed to be a 3-step stop, hop, and pop route. He would never get past stop as the Miami DL pulled off a super slant, bullrushing the entire O-line and sacking the QB before he could look up. UNC would punt, and Miami would roll down the short field for a 40 yard fg.

Senior RB Dustin Clancy, never previously much of a leader, could be seen fuming on the sidelines.

"I was just curious as to how they were able to blow past our entire O-Line like that. Not one lineman touched ANY of their D-Linemen," Clancy explained later. "Either our coaches need to draw up better schemes, or some of those boys need to be testin for 'dat A-Rod because that should never happen. On the sidelines, I was just tellin Coach Blaza gimme the ball Coach, I GOT us."

In the marquee moment of his career, Clancy called his shot racing 70 yards on UNC's very 1st play. Clancy's 98 speed was evident on the dazzling dart as he pulled hard on the speedy Miami defense.

Late in the 4th quarter, UNC got a scare as the often injured Clancy, went down after a hard lick. Corso remarked how serious the injury looked. As the UNC medical staff ran onto the field, Coach Blaza ran out with them, worried to death. He looked down at Clancy who was grabbing his leg in agony.

Clancy slowly looked up at the med staff, smiled, and screamed "................SIKE BITCHES!!!!!"

It was only a scare. Clancy would leave the field on his own power and return shortly thereafter.

Miami would score again and UNC would answer with Doucette punching it in with 49 seconds left. The Tarheels almost had their hearts broken as Miami was able to get to the UNC 37 yard line with a chance to spike but the clock struck zero.

Jackson 40 yd fg
    4:45 70 yard run
    3:17 D. Baily 19 yard pass from francis
    :049 A Doucette run

24-24 tied.

OT

Miami won the toss and chose defense. UNC looked likely to score, quickly moving down inside the 3. They ran off-tackle when they were inexplicably called for clipping. The penalty moved them back to the 20 yard line (WTF?) with 1st and goal. After being stopped on 1st down, UNC QB fired a dart up the sideline to the TE who was left uncovered. The TE raced to the 1 yard line and was tackled. Brandon Hayes punched in the 1 yard TD.

Miami's very first play off OT was then picked off by a diving Jr MLB Jeremy Givens. Givens, who had been promoted to 1st string MLB before the game ran off the field, ball in hand, pointing to his Coach who beamed proudly on the sidelines.

"Our game ball goes to Dustin Clancy. He put us on his back this game. This is what we signed him for and what we all knew he was is capable off. His first few years all he cared about was chasin tail, and rollin up that whacky tabacky. He has matured as a player and person and I'm proud of that." UNC's Coach remarked after the game.

31-24 UNC

I let out a mighty roar in my living room following that last INT....it was awkward. Great Game Juggie. Very intense.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Juggs always gets crazy pressure on the QB. I'll have to scout his team on a few areas. Good win blaza!

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Not taking anything away from the win Blaza...great game and win. But for fuck sakes we can't catch a break.

2 missed FGs, both inside 50 yd attempts. Both times I hit the ball at full power with a 93 kpw Kicker. Both times came up short for some reason. Every other game this season, he has made those kicks.

8 dropped passes to UNC's 2. Including the pick in OT, which came on a quick slant. Our WR was actually open, the ball hit him in the numbers. He of course didn't catch it and it popped in the air into the LBs arms.

And the worst of them all. After UNC tied it up, we got the ball back with like 40 secs to go and the ball at our 40 after the kickoff return. With 28 secs left, we completed a pass to midfield. The WR was hurt on the play, and the game wouldn;t let me call spike the ball or call a timeout. This wasted 10 secs off the playclock as it took me back to the playbook screen. Ofcourse, this came back to bite us in the ass, as with 4 secs to go, we got to UNC's 30 yd line but the time ran out. Granted, good chance our kicker misses the kick...again. But we would have had a shot atleast.

I really do not like NCAA at all anymore. Between the bullshit I've gone thru in the cpu games (7 sacks, 5 picks, 20 times our QB got hit and all 5 picks came on lame duck fluttered passes vs a shitty Louisville team for fuck sake) and the lack of breaks we catch in user games. I'm sure I'm gonna get the quit your whining resposes, but truthfully, this game is becoming much more of a chore to play than enjoyment.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I forgot to include the part on Clancy's injury. Make sure you guys read that part, it's a gem.

Yeah Juggs I feel your pain man, the Hurricanes didnt really deserve to lose. You're right too, your WR's did have an extra case of the butterfingers--8 drops is a ton. For some reason it's been raining every single week in Chapel Hill.

This marks the 2nd year in a row UNC has crept back into the game to stun the Hurricanes. In last year's game, UNC went down 21-3 in the first half and managed to leave Coral Gables with a W.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Quit your whining juggs.

Shit happens that way though. Last year I threw 25 INT's with my QB and I had 3 game in which I threw 3 or more, of which were in CPU games. Sometime you will get a battle against the CPU.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Btw someone better get knighnoles one speed dial :( feeling he will be getting the call soon

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Quit bitching Juggs, sometimes there is wind in football games that makes kicks tougher then normal.

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

the wind was 1-2mph bruce.

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

The CPU loves a one demensional team. Maybe mix it up if your not. Trouble brewing at "DA U".

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

eff that, Juggs knows if he quits I'm probably gone too I've hated this pile of trash since the beginning and stayed because I know the guys in the league and love the guys already in the league, if a max exodus begins I can promise you I won't be one of the remaining guys.

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

nobody is leaving..........please:rolleyes:

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I hope not. We're in this shit together. If the game rules, great, we have a spot in the league. If the game sucks, we AT LEAST have a spot in a great league. I know not everybody agrees with me that the game sucks but my promise to you guys is, if I hate it I won't quit. Even if it's as slow and lame as Madden! lol...

If musical chairs starts happening with Tradition 1 it ain't gonna be Tradition 1 anymore. Don't get mad, get even.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

agreed.....I simply love the user games IMO. (even though I lose almost all of them). I am still competitive and I still love building my team. It is kind of nice to have a tier 2 school compared to last year. You really have to pay more attention to the depth chart and recruiting. Last year even fucking up recruiting I landed stars....then when Helli told me uh the obvious it was too easy.

I just wished i got to play the SEC more......fuck. I havent played Helli in football since 2009. Sucks.......(n)

I will never quit if we all stick together. Juggs has to tough it out......he is not allowed to quit.

14. jfosh

jfosh Super

Easy with the Exodus....Miami coach just frustrated.....needs to get his reps in and get rid of the ball quicker when he drops back.(y)

15. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Can't practice or change play call or adjust for wind or throw smarter passes for a glitch in the game that won't let me spike the ball or call a timeout allowing for a possible GW fg in regulation.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hey Mo brought it up not me. I have no knowledge of Mike's thoughts :rolleyes:

17. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I think we all agree losing sucks, and this isnt a shot at anyone but when you lose you can blame alot of things, usually not yourself, blame the game, blame the game gods whatever.

I have had issues beating people before, I hated losing to Helli more then anything and he had like a five game winning streak vs me at the end of last year and the start of this one.

I blamed everyone and the game, then I blamed myself. I went back to the drawing board and tried to find something new and get better and both play calling and the game.

Now I game plan and when it isnt working I try to make adjustments and if they still dont work...?? I lose like I did when I played bama last year. Some games you get breaks and win others you dont and lose, and alot of the time you get beat like me last year vs Josh...he won I lost...even though most dont like to admit it (again not calling anyone out).

I hate the talk of quitting, you cant quit this league Juggs your a vital part, where have you been lately? You arent posting much and I bet the only games you play are your league games (so do I btw). Its going to be tough sledding my man, you have a title already get another one.

I was being sarcastic about the wind man, hang in there. Try to enjoy the league even if you cant enjoy the game. The user games are always great..

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah when I lose it all falls on me.........stupid user throws to the defense. We get breaks too and I acknowledge it. That's why I keep coming back.....I know eventually I will play almost a mistake free game. Thats the only frustrating part is that I need to play perfect vs guys like fosh, coleman, and Mo. I need to b/c my defense doesn't make as many plays as Penn State did. The Penn State defense used to get me out of holes so much and would make up for my stupid interceptions.

19. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

For the record...I didn't say I was quitting. I just said that this game is becoming much more of a chore than enjoyment to play

20. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i never heard so much as a mouse fart out of da' U the year they were running up and down the field to a NC trophy.

if i have to suffer in obscurity without ever winning a damn thing, you certainly can slog through a couple down seasons.

21. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I think everyone is missing my point. I don't care about losing a game I deserve to lose. I don't like being cheesed out of a win vs a superman cpu team that has shitty ratings but the computer decides their defensive line is going to play like the '85 Bears the day I play them. Or losing a game on stuff I can't control, like dropped passes and glitches in the game that I can't call a timeout with under 30 secs to play cause a guy gets injured. Yes it's whining and bitching and complaining, but it's not cause of losing a game, it's cause of losing a game no matter what i do cause that's how the cpu sees fit on a given day.

22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL I made a mountain out of a molehill

and possibly because when I saw this from Juggs, it reminded me of Helli in TMFL...(but he raised a point which the core group here is SOLID like a rock while TMFL had a buncha guys we never played against)...and also Bly, who was here before. I was just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Things are getting tough in Miami...pocket passing QB, no RB, WR's aren't as good as before...here's where shit gets ROUGH!...trust and believe i know.

23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Miami brought in 25 4-5 star recruits last season..........he will be fine!

24. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

hiiiiiii [​IMG]

you all need to stop kickin jugg when hes down... [​IMG]

25. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

they all suck!!! ill trade all 25 of them for a RB and a WR who run a 4.35 40.