UNC takes out Virginia Tech, 47-27

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BlyGilmore, Sep 9, 2009.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

UNC takes out Virginia Tech, 47-27

Big game for UNC, needing to avenge last weeks loss to the other Tech and stay in the ACC title game picture.

Both teams came out gunning but both defenses turned up big in the red zone forcing opening field goals. At 3-3, Viriginia Tech was able to go on a bit of a run at the end of the first quarter and early 2nd - up 20-6.

Once again, however, UNC rallied and clamed down on defense. With 20 points in the opening 12 minutes, Tech would only score another 7 the rest of the way.

A big key for the Tar Heels was the play of QB TJ Yates. The Hokies were piling eight or more in the box and daring Carolina to throw the ball. Yates answered in the second hitting WR Adams for a long strike over the top of the safeties.

With their best balance of passing and running yet, and some key 3rd down conversions, UNC was able to take the lead in the closing seconds of the half with a field goal by K Barth - UNC was up 23-20.

In the third quarter it was the defenses time to shine. Senior CB Brown picked off two Tech passes (three in the game total) and brought one to the house for a touchdown. The defense was pouncing on the Tech routes, knocking down passes, pressuring the Tech QB and not letting the Hokies get to the marker.

By the beginning of the fourth the game was decided with both teams chewing the clock. Tech threatened to get back in the game in the middle of the fourth, but OLB Carter made a huge play on 4th down to force a turnover and seal the game.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

3. BlyGilmore

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Are you going to make me do a video of my Loss????

I have the game saved....

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I stopped watching this game after JMS got that pick 6 to take the two td lead. I stopped in at the end of his Madden game and asked how much he had won by. Now I know why he didnt answer, should have just taken another trip to the beach VaTech.

6. BlyGilmore

yeah when I get home from work i was going to put one together - sadly can't do that kind of thing while at work.

7. BlyGilmore

You are now required to watch the first five minutes of all UNC games and then leave - because apparently you doing so turns the tide of a game.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am working on that.....just got to get Sony Vegas on this PC....

9. BlyGilmore

sad thing is i have a beast of a laptop here so I could do it. The things are just ridiculously locked down so I can't install anything on it.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah that sux............I can make the video in a about 20 mins and uploading it to youtube here takes like 2 mins.....crazy speeds.

If I just do highlights of scores and a few key plays...like < 6 min video. The GA Tech video took about 35 mins to make.

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Sony Vegas installed.........work production down!

Bly if your interested in the link for a the free install I will PM it to you....the whole process took about 10 mins....lol

12. BlyGilmore

yeah if you have it handy that'd be great - i'm still doing the "convert into WMV and then edit it" thing - takes forever.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah thats awful!!!

Link sent....so easy