1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

UNC Tar Heels - Dru50

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dru50, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

UNC Tar Heels - Dru50

Playbooks

Offense - Oklahoma (may change, still experimenting as I get used to the roster)
    Defense - good old 4-3

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

- On offense, he got behind early and abandoned the run.
    - I think the 3-4 was the problem, I remember my first time playing the 3-4 and I could not figure it out.
    - If you give him time he can lace it! threw for 390 yards on me, but 7 INTs.

- On defense he commited to stopping my run game, so I was forced throw.
    - When he came out in the 3-2-6 dime it seemed like the nickle backs always blitzed.

3. Dru50

Following the FSU debacle, the Heels will be switching defenses from the 4-3 to the 3-3-5 playbook in an effort to get more athletes on the field and generate pressure and turnovers.

4. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Offensively normalally just pounds Drought and Houston behind both twin TE or a FB lon first downs and 2nd and 4-7 and on 3rd downs just completes the short passes on 3rd down to his big WR on slants and in routes with some very accurate passing he went 17-17 againts me

Defensively runs a 3-3-5 and blitz the 90 speed DB pretty much every play who had 3 sacks against me.

2 biggest plays of game against me were both 50+ yarder PA pass to the 92 speed FB in the flats which I'd be careful on how much you do that because it's kinda cheese.

5. Dru50

OK, watch the cheese comments dude. I blitzed one of my safety's or a LB about 50% of the time, not every play and not the same guy. Just because you send everyone out in the pattern leaving no one to pickup a free guy outside isn't my fault.

Regarding the PA pass to the FB. I ran it two times and I only ran it when you were blitzing everyone and/or had all your guys packed inside the TE to stop the run. In real football if you see that look the smart play is to play action to a guy in the flat.

I knew you were being a sore loser when you wouldn't even respond to me telling you it was a good game and complimenting you on your use of the option.

Whatever.

6. Dru50

The 3-3-5 experiment is dead. The 4-3 is back, so the first scouting post is accurate again.

7. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

OFFENSIVE ANALYSIS: Ran mostly up the middle, with varied success, but didn't run the ball all that often. Ran a fair amount of plays from the spread, but committed to it a little more aggressively when he was throwing the ball towards the second half. Ran A LOT of slants over the middle and had a lot of success with it. Didn't throw deep much. Yates had several balls that sailed over WRs, and threw 3 INTs.

DEFENSIVE ANALYSIS: Ran a lot of zone, but at a few points, did switch to man. I took advantage of the few times when his safeties weren't playing a deep half. Committed to stopping the run and except for a few 5-7 yard runs, only was able to come up with a minimal amount of rushing yards. His LBs were there any time I tried to run. Didn't bring much pressure, but did blitz a few times (however, I may have missed some blitzes - there were times I got rid of it quickly and never really noticed the middle LBs).

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Offense-- Really mixed up his play calling well. I didn't know which end was up, particularly in the first half. Probably wound up pretty much 50/50 run/pass. Wasn't afraid to run out of any formation, but probably used a lead blocker most of the time. Houston doesn't have a ton of speed, but he is a load and will run over you. Really efficient in the pass game, reads the defense very well and will make a quick pass right out of the snap...burned me with that 3 or 4 times. Also is excellent at user catches, that pass that looks over thrown? Don't worry, Dru's gonna go get that.

Defense-- Stacked the line and really shut down the inside running game. I got frustrated and started passing more than I really wanted. Again, really mixes up his playcalling. Shows blitz sometimes, but will be dropping 7 or 8 into a zone. Tries to confuse you as much as possible. Fast linebackers really clog up the middle routes and slants. Presses just about everytime he's in man.