UNC Tarheel 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by drowsike, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

UNC Tarheel 2010

North Carolina 17 Lousiana State 7

" The defense played well. I could not ask more from that bunch of guys. We were able to pressure Sheppard and make him make bad throws the whole game. Our secondary was able to manage their Wide Recivers for the most part by being agressive and knocking them off their routes. In practice the focus was not giving up the deep ball and thats just what we did. We also played some zone coverage and was able to get an INT out of a zone blitz. We gave up an 40 something yard run TD run by not wraping up, but had LSU going 3 and out all game.

On the offensive side of things we just struggled to get things going. It was a loud hostile crowd down in Death Valley
    and it cause some confusion at first but, our offense begin to gel. We have ALOT of work to do on the offensive standpoint of things. Aj Blue our freshman qb got his first TD pass today on LSU..wow! We have him in on select formations and plays. He read the defense made the adjustment and let'er rip. We are proud him. He and the rest of the offense still needs major improvement."......coach Drowskie

2. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

[​IMG]

North Carolina 17 Georgia Tech 24​

"We controlled the whole game. We pretty muck lost it in the 4th quarter. GT just made some big plays going down the stretch. We made some bad throws at the end and it cost us the game. I have to do a better job with the offense to make sure I call the right plays to put us in a better position to win at that point in time. Now we get ready for Rutgers"...coach drowsike

3. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

North Carolina 24 Rutgers 35​

"Tough tough loss today. We had a total of around -11 yards rushing out there.Thats killing us. NO rushing happen last week and no rushing this week. We are gonna make changes at QB qnd RB. There offense made big plays all game at every crucial time and thier defense made that INT on there on 10.. We lose..Im upset on how things went. Our defense has to show the hell up next week They beat the complete crap out of us. There be new starters. There will be playbook changes".... coach drowsike

4. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

[​IMG]

North Carolina 38 East Carolina 31

Press Conference:

"We looked a little better. Especially offensively. The change at running back really helped. I always thought if we were to establish the run then we will be hard to beat. J. White had 98 yards on the ground. Good day for us. We used a dual qb system that involved Blue and Renner. Renner takes most of the snaps and Blue come in on select downs an formations. It put 38 points on the board so it worked for us. But for right no now Yates is sitting.

Our defense against an Air Raid type offense needs some critical work. we just couls not get to the qb at all. He torched us for over 500 yards passing. No...never again. If that happens some adjustments will be made.."coach drowsike

5. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

[​IMG]

North Carolina 26 Clemson 17

Boy J. White put on a clinic.. He ran for 218 yards. Now coming into this game,..we wanted to set the tone and come out scrapping. I wanted to be aggressive and keep the ball out of Clemson hands. We used conservative play calls. We wanted to play yard for yard. J. White was phenomenal in getting in the open field.. He broke to two big plays out for touchdowns

Way better defense tonight. Good showing from the defensive line. We wasnt able to shut them down but was able to get the punter on the field more so, than we have in the past games we played. I seen alot of balls batted down and forced throws by Parker were made. I happy with of performance tonight. Now we prepare ourselves to go to Virginia and continue to play sound football."...coach drowsike

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long
    Johnny White 19 218 3 78

6. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

[​IMG]

North Carolina 17 Virgina 3​

Press Conference

" Game started out slow, but we were able to control it for the most part. Defense played like we are capable of playing. We held the Cavs under 200 yards passing and got some turnovers. Keeping their put team on the field was very good for us. We just hope we can keep this momentum going down to Miami for a very big match-up".....coach drowsike

TAK SACKS INT FF
    Quinton Coples 4 2 0 1

7. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

[​IMG]
    North Carolina 14 Miami 7

Press Conference

" Tough fought game for the Tarheels. We displayed the best defensive showing that we had all year this game. Our defense the Hurricanes of the scoreboard the whole game. Pressure, sacks, and ints is what won us this game. We have to do a better job of getting our running back into the open field, so we can keep the qb fresh throughout games..all in all.. good job team"....coach drowsike

8. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

North Carolina 17 FSU 19

Press Conference

" Damn...................... We had em........................we had em...........I made a silly call in the last drive, to call a play action on 3rd and 5. The d-line came right thru and left Renner no time to throw. We punt and Fla State sends all the wide outs deep, we have them covered and the qb takes off around the corner for a 23-yard scamper to but them in striking distance. 4 seconds left I drop into my zone and the Qb scrambles to the left. Our LB pulls up to make the play on the qb and he lets it go. We have a DB there to make the play and he doesnt. TD State..ball game.. It hurts because we controlled the whole game......We beat them the whole game..same thing happened to us against Tech and Rutgers..We have to close out ball games"....coach Drowsike

9. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

[​IMG]

North Carolina 24 N.C. State 21

PRESS Conference

"Cold day. I have to make myself a reminder to not dress the team out in baby blue in snow games. I barely see them out there. N.C State plsyed one heck of a game. They kept us changing out game plan every quarter. B. Renner had a decent day tody throwing over 200 yards. A. Blue made some big plays also reeling of a touchdown run of the option to put us on the board. We have to continue the dual qb system. Defense played good. We got them to 3rd down but couldnt seem to get them of the field. So we managed to clock. We had the ball 9mins out of the second half and kicked the game winning FG.. now we go down that highway to DUKE...coach drowsike.

10. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

11. fsuprime

fsuprime Definitely Maybe

ACC ACC ACC lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.