UNC vs Alabama

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by jfosh, Mar 5, 2010.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

UNC vs Alabama

Blaza can you run tonight fri night?? I can play 10 EST

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Fosh, can you play any earlier today? I'm working from home today and can start anytime up until about 6:15pm est. This weekend is tough for me, I'm going to the Lakers game tonight, playing in a college Alumni soccer game outta town Saturday and have another soccer game at 3pm est on Sunday. If we don't get it in today, it'd have k be then (Sunday evening). Sorry for my fugged up schedule, if you're unavailable then ply the CPU.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Blaza is going to Snafu my 2X ACC Championship run!!

4. Blaza

Nah J, I want you to be able to play that game. This game is important too because Bama is undefeated, but I don't want you to get simmed in the Conf Championship. Don't worry, we will work it out.'

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

It looks like sunday Night.....

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

uhhh no...unacceptable

7. jfosh

jfosh Super

I can play anytime tonight after 10:00 EST and tommorrow I can play late. But sunday I can play early...Beckham err..Blaza can you go sunday before your game?

8. Blaza

Hehe, yes that would be perfect if we could play early Sunday. The earlier the better for me.

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

Whats early for you? 11:00 AM EST would be ideal...what were you thinking??

10. Blaza

That's a bet. Tomorrow 11am. Seeya then.

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

im on.....

12. Blaza

North Carolina was able to play the role of spoiler taking down Bama on the road 27-17. Both teams actually played well in this one and there weren't many big plays barring a huge bomb for Bama on a busted coverage for the Tarheels. Tied at the half, Bama caught a huge break as Mark Kerr fumbled on UNC's first play in the 2nd half. This is the same Kerr who fumbled in the redzone up 7 in the 4th quarter against Georgia Tech. Kerr has struggled to find his form a bit this season as the reigning Heisman Winner has gotten each team's best shot.

Alabama was able to easily get in the endzone after the fumble making it 17-10, but the Tide struggled offensively for the remainder of the half and were not able to muster any more points. From that point on, the Tarheels were efficient, moving the ball with a solid mix of run and pass and pulled away late in the final period. Redshirt Soph QB Michael Robertson finished the day with no interceptions for once and that was the difference for the Heels offensively. Robertson is a slug but has a very good arm--hopefully he will continue to mature. This win is bittersweet bc we know we were a last second pass from GT away from a possible NC birth. Instead, UNC will likely finish 11-2 (again) with no hardware. Boring!!!

GG Fosh. Your team has some straight robots on the field talent-wise. I'm sure the Tide will be back.