UNC vs Duke

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by GoGators, Mar 6, 2010.

?

Cameron Crazy or Tar Heel???

1. Duke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. UNC

100.0%
  1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

UNC vs Duke

Another one of sports greatest and most storied rivalries. I've been a Duke fan for as long as I can remember. Coach K is the man.

Wondered what the split was on the website. Which side of the great divide are you on?

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

This poll will lead to one thing. Bandwagon Duke fans. All the Bandwagon UNC fans have fallen off.

Jason Williams made me a Duke fan lol

4. GoGators

haha, After the past couple years, all the bandwagon Duke fans are gone too though. Jason Williams was amazing. Aside from the NBA greats (Jordan and Co.), I don't think there's anyone I've ever liked to watch play basketball more than him. JJ Redick is a close 2nd with the way he could flat out shoot it and beat guys who had much more athleticism and talent than he did.

If only Gerald Henderson would have stayed for this year I think Duke would have a great shot at the final four. Damn him haha.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I was surprised Henderson jumped. Coach K normally gets 'em to stay four years.

Yeah if Jason Williams could shoot free throws he probably would of been mentioned as one the greatest collegiate players of all time (Homerish I know but he was very dominant)

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Now this thread may be officially dead. Duke up by 30 with just over two minutes left, lol

Edit: It's kind of sad, when we sucked at least we made the NIT. UNC probably won't even make that

7. GoGators

I loved the headband on the Blue Devil mascot:

UNC = NIT

if they're lucky hahaha.

8. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Dukie, without a doubt. I became a fan for life the 1st time i ever watched them. It was '89, I believe, & the Ferry-led Devs were # 1 & got beat by UNC led by Reid. I was hooked & was cheering Laettner on as he sank the late FT's to beat G'Town & Zo that same season.

I was still cheering my boys on when Vegas skull-drug us 30 in '90 & actually thought we'd beat them in '91.

Nothing will ever compare to Laettner/Hurley/Hill. 3 of the greatest college hoops stars ever, on the same team. Williams was probably the most exciting Dukie ever but IMHO, Grant Hill was the greatest, with Laettner & Hurley coming next. Laettner is the greatest NCAA Tourney player of all-time.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Man it was fun watching the Badgers beat Duke earlier this year with my idiot Duke fan cousin. It's funny cause after the game he tried to pretend like he wanted the Badgers to win.

10. GoGators

I commented after that game that it was one of the best games I'd ever seen coached and played against the Dukies. The Badgers displayed the exact way to beat Duke and executed it to perfection. Very few teams are able to do that.

I was too young to fully remember Hill, Laettner, and Hurley but I've heard a lot about their history and they're highly respected. Plus, Laettner's got a hot wife as evidenced last night at the game (I wonder how much vitamin water was paying him to wear that shirt?).

Williams, Battier, Dunleavy those guys were amazing. They'd hit the 3 ball from anywhere at anytime in true Duke fashion. Then JJ was an absolute sniper. He was amazing to watch as well.

I think if Zoebeck continues to play like a fully grown man instead of the boy he played like the prior 3 years, they could make a run in the tourney. (again, if only Gerald Henderson would have stayed). Otherwise, I hope Singler comes back and the Plumlee's grow up a little for next season cause they could be really good next year with Smith and Dawkins continuing to mature and grow.

11. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

This is the worst UNC team to ever take the court, they don't even deserve to wear the jersey.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

They should all be kicked off the team or atleast pay for half their scholarship, lol.

If Duke recruited the same type of players as UNC, UNC would be down for at least another year or two. But because of Coach K's philosphy of recruiting only "fundamental" players you guys will be back next year. UNC recruits boys that can just flat out ball or "one and jumps" as I like to call 'em (one good year of ball and jump to the league)

13. controllerabuser

Coach K's last Championship was 9 years ago.....

14. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

I rather have 1 or 2 and done's if there team is going to win a national title.. I can deal with 1 down season in 10 years.. 2 national titles since Roy Williams came to UNC makes it all better.

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I wasn't actually taking a shot at UNC, actually stating they'll be fine next year.

Whateva Dude.

16. controllerabuser

I'm not trippin' I was just stating a fact. I'm not a diehard fan anyways. I just wanted to play a lil devil's advocate.

17. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

never in my post said u were taking a shot at UNC, but to say Duke is so great cause they don't recruit 1 and done guy's is stupid. Duke has been choken in MM every year, UNC has 2 national titles since Duke's last. Duke finally has a team that looks like it can make a run in the tourney. Duke doesn't put talent into the NBA like UNC does.

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Your really trying to make my statements bigger than they are. First, I was talking towards CA's comment (not a diehard either, just love BB and they are who I root for).

Second, when did I ever say recruiting "one and jumps" was bad? Where did I mention Duke was great because they don't recruit like that?

If you reread my post I clearly stated UNC will be fine next year. Mainly because of how they recruit. That's it. Relax.

(y)

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

And because of that Duke is not sitting on the NIT bubble, lol