Undefeateds...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 18, 2010.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Undefeateds...

What I am thoroughly impressed with is the unbelievable number of nail-biters we have all experienced without anyone really dropping one (minus BYU & Miss St who clearly work with a less talented roster). I mean, there has to be a bit of luck involved with the high volume of these as of late.

I am curious, as Arch, to see if graduating some of our juggernauts changes some of these to losses next year and def year after. I know, for one, I will miss the hell out of Tyrod Taylor next year. That dude has gotten me out of so many f-ing jams! Also makes me not want to make the sliders too awfully hard based on this one year.

With graduating talk, I again ask. Arch, are there going to be rules for who can you talk back into staying? I've seen this topic come up and be addressed in other leagues quite a bit. Your thoughts?

2. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I remember seeing the rules somewhere in this forum...

something like you can't talk back award winners and guys over 90 something...

3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

This is from the league description...

Players leaving
    A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:

- is > 95 OVR
    - is a JR that has won the Heisman
    - is a JR and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR

- Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

4. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

thx. speaking of which, we better make sure everyone reads all those (like i did not as of late) as its been awhile and there are some good things to know under league description.

Also, about recruiting. Did we ever decide or get confirmation on carrying 72 and cutting 2? the descrip still says 70. don't want to offer too many guys.

arch, maybe a re-up on league descrip with our new recruiting scheme. or am i missing something?

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I've been slacking on that one. I'll update it later today. And we usually have a refresher course before we advance into the offseason.

As for difficulty, we'll adjust as we go, but I try not to react much to almost losses. We're going to have to start dropping games before I see things as balanced. So far, we've just been too good at coming back late.