Under the Umbrella w/Reign: P.Manning or Brady?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JerzeyReign, Aug 19, 2010.

?

Brady or P.Manning?

Poll closed Feb 15, 2011.
  1. Tom Brady, New England Patriots

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts

100.0%
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Under the Umbrella w/Reign: P.Manning or Brady?

[​IMG]

Is it the four time MVP and one time SuperBowl winner Peyton Manning? Or is it the one time MVP and 3 time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady? Before I'd make my case I'd like to hear (read) your opinions on the two quarterbacks.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I will take Tom anyday

3 Superbowls > 1 Superbowl

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Man, that was bold:)... so if you were starting a franchise, you'd pick Brady?...this has to be one of the hardest questions in sports.... Tom wins 'ships... but what Manning does is incredible... Alot of "Who's Better?" threads normally lean heavily on championships but this one will wrap people's brains for awhile... Is Tom Brady (GO BLUE!!) really better than Peyton Manning because of rings?... tough question... I think alot of folks will shy away from this one:p

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Aaron Rodgers

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

To the people that say Brady, I ask this. If they flipped teams, would Brady still have won 3 championships with the Colts? I highly doubt it.

Would Manning have won 3 superbowls with the Patriots? I think so.

Now whos better? I still think it very close, but I think it negates the championship argument. For me it does at least.

If you put a gun to my head though and said choose, I'd go with Manning. There simply isn't another player like him and there probably never will be.

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

This is no contest.

You can stand under my umbrella ella ella aye aye aye

7. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Manning hands down.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

But Brady has won 3 Super Bowls... even knocking Manning's teams out during those runs... tough, tough responses so far

9. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

How did the pats do without Brady? they still won. Colts without Manning equals not even a 3-13 team. Manning is the complete qb. He eats sleeps and dreams football. He isnt out with super models or anything like that. He is out studying to make his team and himself better. Super Bowl rings are a team thing not an individual thing. Marino never won a ring so is he not listed as a great qb. People look to much into the rings. Brady had a defense behind him. Manning on the other hand hasnt had a great defense behind him most of his career. The defense is really starting to put it all together now.

10. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Of course i am bias and will admit it lol

11. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Read post #5.

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Brady.

He just jumped in and started kicking ass day 1.

And Manning has always had the better WRs until recently.

13. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I say Peyton Manning hands down. I look at it like this, Take Brady off the Patriots and they still win 10 games as they did with Matt Cassell. Take Peyton off the Colts and they are a 4-12 team. Having someone like Peyton is like having an Offensive Coordinator on the field.

14. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Manning. Best passing QB to ever do it.

15. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jerzey, If I had to build a franchise today I would take Ben Rothlisberger or Aaron Rodgers any day before I would take Brady or Manning.

I dont want to hear the crap about the Colts not winning w/o Manning and the Pats winning 10 games with Cassell. That was just b/c they had a "decent" backup that played conservative....their defense is what kept them in games that whole season.

The Colts defense has been a joke in comparison (except in the playoffs of their SB year) and Jim Sorgi sucks monkey balls.

16. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Well since you going to go there Mr. i would build a franchise around Drew Brees

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I wanna stay on topic but Brees is so f'n overrated... he's a system quarterback IMO... he doesn't do anything mindblowing, just throws alot from 4 wide sets.... not impressed with him like the rest of the world

And even though I started this thread I have no answer for this. Manning, IMO, is the best that has ever done it but how can I place Manning above Brady who has marched thru Manning's Colts to the tune of 3 titles? Man, that's a hard decision for me.

18. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

he is the best thing to happen to my SAINTS. DOWN WITH BRADY!!! IT's ALL ABOUT LOUISIANA PRODUCT MANNING(y)

19. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Misspelled "Favre."

20. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

If I read or hear the word Favre one more time before the season starts I'm going to hurl in my mouth...fuck.(n)

21. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

are we goinng by where they are now? then definetly manning, not many people agree but I think brady's career is definetly stuck in a downward trend. Dont see bellicheck keeping him much longer unless he has too

22. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Can I have Manning in the regular season, and Brady in the playoffs?

23. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I love Favre but he's more of a winner and less of a pure passing QB than Manning. Manning isn't going to make something happen like Favre because that isn't his skillset.

Once the Favre stuff dies down we'll go back to seeing commercial after commercial with Manning's stupid accent.

24. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

FAVRE! :D

Favre might not be the "pure passer" that Manning is but the stats speak for themselves.

25. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Brady is a better QB for the same reason Montana is a better QB than Marino.

How many Super Bowl championships has Brady won by driving his team down for a game winning score?

How many Super Bowl championships has Peyton Manning given the other team with a Favre-esque INT?

Even in his one Super Bowl win he didn't play that well.

And people forget Brady didn't have the best supporting cast around him until recently. in his first championship his best receiver was Troy Brown. In another it was Deion Branch who went to the Seahawks to do nothing and that guy out of Notre Dame who went to the Titans on a pretty big deal and did nothing.