Unexpected Contributors for 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by H22APWRD94, Jul 26, 2012.

1. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

goofy knight.jpg
    Who has had the impact that was completely unexpected when you looked at the roster to start the season? Who is the guy that lurks in the shadows, but has made that play when nobody was looking? Offense, defense, special teams, list them here.​

2. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

My biggest impact guy has been on defense. I knew he had potential, just I was not expecting to see it for another season. Nico Law. The Lawman is to this Iowa defense as what the Hitman was to the 2002 defense. Nico and Bob play a lot alike. He plays around the LOS, just waiting for it. Opposing QB's have felt him more than once. He doesn't care how big you are, he just cares that you have the ball and are trying to go somewhere. The stats speak volumes, but taking away part of the field is the silent message that he is sending. Awesome team photo as well, could not have chosen a better random headshot for this guy and the way he plays.

Nico Law.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Nickel Corner​
    Marcus Roberson​
    [​IMG]
    EA decided to take a dump on his ratings although he was a freshman All-American. He has provided versatility and someone I can count on. With all the spread no huddle garbage that we see he plays as much as a starter. ​
    44 tackles 6 TFL 1 sack 1 interception 10 PBU 1 FF ​

• Like Like x 2
  4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Surely more than me and Mike have some diamonds in the rough ​
    Let's gooooo​

5. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Offense:
    [​IMG]
    Kerry Boykins is definitely the star receiver in the Maryland offense, but because of the attention he draws, Burns has been able to show his potential. Burns has been stellar at making big plays when opposing defenses have shut down Boykins. Burns was slated as WR 3 / 4 when the season started but has definitely earned his way into the WR 2 role. Despite his drops hes been a big part of the Terps offense.​
    Defense:
    [​IMG]
    Playing behind a big play maker like Senior MLB Demetrius Hartfield in a 3-4 scheme, Goree has quietly made a huge impact. His 9 TFL are 3rd best for the Terps and hes continually made big plays in big time situations. The young sophomore is definitely showing his potential and letting it be known that he will be a leader in this defense in 2013.​

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 2