University of Colorado GO BUFFS!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by mcyork, Jul 11, 2009.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

University of Colorado GO BUFFS!!!!!

[​IMG]
    2009 BUFFALOES SCHEDULE
    Date / Opponent
    Sat. 09/05/09 Colorado State WIN
    Fri. 09/11/09 at Virginia WIN
    Sat. 09/19/09 Iowa LOSS
    Sat. 09/26/09 Open Date
    Thu. 10/01/09 Vanderbilt LOSS
    Sat. 10/10/09 at Texas LOSS
    Sat. 10/17/09 Kansas WIN
    Sat. 10/24/09 at Kansas State LOSS
    Sat. 10/31/09 Missouri LOSS
    Sat. 11/07/09 Texas A&M WIN
    Sat. 11/14/09 at Iowa State WIN
    Thu. 11/19/09 at Oklahoma State WIN
    Fri. 11/27/09 Nebraska WIN
    Sat. 12/05/09 Big 12 Championship came in 2nd in the division
    Wed. 12/30/2009 Pacific Life Bowl vs Oregon WIN
    at Arlington, Texas (North Division Champ v. South Division Champ)

2. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Game Summaries

Colorado Hits the Ground Running!!
    The Colorado Buffaloes defended there Rocky Mountain Showdown trophy tonight with a 56-14 win. They dominated the trench's tonight rushing for over 300 yards while only giving up 40. Sophomore HB Darrell Scott led the team with 247 yards on the ground adding two TD's. He also caught 4 passes for 72 yards. Junior QB Cody Hawkins was 12-14 for 154 yards with 2 TD passes and 1 INT. He also fumbled a ball that was returned for a TD by the Rams defense. The Buffs defense was lead by SR LB Shaun Mohler who had 9 tackles 2 for a loss. The Rams were lead on offense by Wide Out Jyrone Hickman who had 6 catches for 108 yards. Coach York has said that the team is now focused on Virginia and they will be breaking down tape tonight.

RAIN RAIN COME AGAIN!!!

The Colorado Buffaloes traveled across country to take on the University of Virginia today. The rain was thought to be a hindrance to the Buffs vaunted ground game (and it was) but it was the passing game that came through. The Buffs outmuscled the Wahoos 28-14. The Offense was led by Jr QB Cody Hawkins who threw for 293 yards on 11 completions with 2 TD's. The defense had a bend but not break attitude all game and took advantage of 4 UVA turnovers. JR DE Marquez Hood had 3 sacks and SR CB Chapelle Brown had 2 INT's. The Buffs head home to take on the Iowa Hawkeyes next week.

The Hawkeyes Take The Buffs To The Woodshed!

The Buffs had no answer for the #17 Iowa Hawkeyes today. They fell 44-21 in a game that was decided in the 1st half when the 2-1 Buffs could not stop the Iowa Offense. SO HB Darrell Scott had 111 yards rushing with one score and QB Cody Hawkins threw for 250 yards with 2 TD's and 5 INT's. They look to rebound in two weeks against Vanderbilt.

Mistakes Lead to Loss

The Commodores came to Boulder today and escaped with a win 38-35. The Buffs committed too many penalties had too many turnovers and just didn't seem focused out there. "We played well in the 1st half right up until the final minute. We had that 15 yard facemask that put them in field goal range. That hurt we couldn't recover from our own mistakes. This loss is hard to take we had the game in our hands and let it slip away by not executing." said Coach York after the game. The Buffs can't rest even with the bye week up next. They have to get ready for #4 Texas in two weeks.

Buffs Take It On The Chin!

The #4 Texas Longhorns were not gracious hosts in Austin here today. They crushed the Buffs 42-21 in what was a long and tough day for the Colorado Defense. "We couldn't stop them. I mean we did our job on 1st and 2nd downs to get them in 3rd and long and then to let them off the hook for a 1st down. Thats down right pitiful. We didn't tackle anyone. They were bigger,meaner and they wanted this game more. I will tell you one thing this team will start to execute or the backups will start playing." said Coach York. "In fact I will tell you one position that will change this week and that is the QB. Cody just does not have his head on straight. I know I took his dad's job but we talked and he was ok with staying on here. Clark will get the nod in the Kansas game I hope he can lead us to a win."

Frosh Lead Buffs to BIG Win!

#10 Kansas came to Boulder this weekend undefeated at 4-0 they left with a notch in the loss column after the Buffs took out their frustrations of a three game winless streak 45-16 on the Jayhawks. Freshman QB Clark Evans started the game after winning a battle with Cody Hawkins over the starting job. He threw for 279 yards and a University of Colorado record 5 td passes with no INT's. His fellow freshman wideout Terdema Ussery had 9 catches for 194 yards 3 of the catches went for TD's. Darrell Scott lead the way on the ground running for 108 yards and 1 td. The Buffs travel to Manhatten next weekend to take on the Wildcats in what could decide the Big 12 North.

Kansas State Rocks The Buffs
    #9 Kansas State throttled the now 3-4 Buffaloes today in Manhattan 34-20. The Wildcats D held the Buffs to just 200 yards of total offense. While the Kstate O rolled up 448 yards of Offense on the hapless buffs D. Freshman QB Clark Evans had a horrible outing compleating only 9 passes out of 23 attempts with one pick. RB Darrell Scott was limited to just 39 yards on the ground on 11 carries. The lone bright spot was Fr WR Terdema Ussery who had 4 catches for 147 yards and a score. The team will have to go back to the drawing board with Mizzou coming to town next week.

The One That Got Away!

We may look back at this game at the end of the year and think what might have been. The Buffs lost to a team they had 14-10 lead on in the 4th qtr today in Boulder. The final score 24-14 a loss that puts the Buffs at 3-5 on the season. With 3 of the final 5 games against teams currently ranked in the top 25 a bowl invite is going to be a hard thing to accomplish. "This team just didn't finish. We had them right were we wanted them and we turned the ball over. This game was on me I had this team looking ahead at the matchup with A&M next week and not on this Tiger team." said a tired looking Coach York after the game. "It's frustrating for me to see this team go out and play good football for 3 qtrs and then I put my Frosh QB in a tough 3 and long situation and I called the wrong play. The CB read it the whole way and picked the pass off and returned it for a TD. It was my fault my fault compleatly." the young coach said during his quick presser.

Back In Black!​

The Buffs get back on the winning track taking down the Aggies today 23-13. The team rushed out of the tunnel today in all black uni's the 1st time wearing these particular nike outfits. It suited them well they were playing with reckless abandon out there today. They held the vaunted Aggie Aerial assault to a measly 179 yards through the air. RB Darrell Scott lead the way on the ground eating up clock and 111 yards on 27 carries. Cody Hawkins came in for a rattled Clark Evans and threw for 101 yards and 1 TD. The Buffs have Iowa St next week.

Lets Keep This MOJO Going!
    The University of Colorado football team has some MOJO. "This team was clicking all week. The Sr's were helping the Fr the Offense was talking smack to the Defense. This team has some MOJO." said a laughing Coach York after they defeated the Iowa State Cyclones 42-14. The team racked up a total of 488 yards of offense and held ISU to just 185. Freshman QB Clark Evans again threw 5 TD's with no INT's as he led the Buffs to this win. Darrell Scott led the way on the ground again rushing for 147 yards. The Buffs go for 3 in a row next week at #13 Oklahoma State.

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

RAIN RAIN COME AGAIN!!!

The Colorado Buffaloes traveled across country to take on the University of Virginia today. The rain was thought to be a hindrance to the Buffs vaunted ground game (and it was) but it was the passing game that came through. The Buffs outmuscled the Wahoos 28-14. The Offense was led by Jr QB Cody Hawkins who threw for 293 yards on 11 completions with 2 TD's. The defense had a bend but not break attitude all game and took advantage of 4 UVA turnovers. JR DE Marquez Hood had 3 sacks and SR CB Chapelle Brown had 2 INT's. The Buffs head home to take on the Iowa Hawkeyes next week.

4. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

The Hawkeyes Take The Buffs To The Woodshed!

The Buffs had no answer for the #17 Iowa Hawkeyes today. They fell 44-21 in a game that was decided in the 1st half when the 2-1 Buffs could not stop the Iowa Offense. SO HB Darrell Scott had 111 yards rushing with one score and QB Cody Hawkins threw for 250 yards with 2 TD's and 5 INT's. They look to rebound in two weeks against Vanderbilt.

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Mistakes Lead to Loss

The Commodores came to Boulder today and escaped with a win 38-35. The Buffs committed too many penalties had too many turnovers and just didn't seem focused out there. "We played well in the 1st half right up until the final minute. We had that 15 yard facemask that put them in field goal range. That hurt we couldn't recover from our own mistakes. This loss is hard to take we had the game in our hands and let it slip away by not executing." said Coach York after the game. The Buffs can't rest even with the bye week up next. They have to get ready for #4 Texas in two weeks.

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Buffs Take It On The Chin!​

The #4 Texas Longhorns were not gracious hosts in Austin here today. They crushed the Buffs 42-21 in what was a long and tough day for the Colorado Defense. "We couldn't stop them. I mean we did our job on 1st and 2nd downs to get them in 3rd and long and then to let them off the hook for a 1st down. Thats down right pitiful. We didn't tackle anyone. They were bigger,meaner and they wanted this game more. I will tell you one thing this team will start to execute or the backups will start playing." said Coach York. "In fact I will tell you one position that will change this week and that is the QB. Cody just does not have his head on straight. I know I took his dad's job but we talked and he was ok with staying on here. Clark will get the nod in the Kansas game I hope he can lead us to a win."

8. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Frosh Lead Buffs to BIG Win!​

#10 Kansas came to Boulder this weekend undefeated at 4-0 they left with a notch in the loss column after the Buffs took out their frustrations of a three game winless streak 45-16 on the Jayhawks. Freshman QB Clark Evans started the game after winning a battle with Cody Hawkins over the starting job. He threw for 279 yards and a University of Colorado record 5 td passes with no INT's. His fellow freshman wideout Terdema Ussery had 9 catches for 194 yards 3 of the catches went for TD's. Darrell Scott lead the way on the ground running for 108 yards and 1 td. The Buffs travel to Manhatten next weekend to take on the Wildcats in what could decide the Big 12 North.

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Colorado 2010 Signed Recruits

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Name Pos Pos Rank Stars Hgt Wgt From
    Jimmy Newton
    OLB​
    #8 :4stars: 6'0" 217 OK[/CENTER]
    Adam Daniels
    WR​
    #25 :4stars: 6'2" 185 OK[/CENTER]
    Casey Mckinney
    FS​
    #12 :4stars: 6'4" 216 FL[/CENTER]
    Brandon Clark
    CB​
    #35 :3stars: 5'11" 183 AZ[/CENTER]
    Andre Winston
    MLB​
    #17 :3stars: 6'2" 236 AZ[/CENTER]
    Babatunde Robertson
    CB​
    #5 :4stars: 6'3" 179 CN[/CENTER]
    Gavin Edwards
    C​
    #16 :3stars: 6'1" 301 CO[/CENTER]
    Jason Gilbert
    CB​
    #38 :3stars: 6'3" 187 CO[/CENTER]
    Desmond Wright
    TE​
    #37 :3stars: 6'3" 255 KS[/CENTER]
    The Buffs have 68 scholarship players for the 2009 season. They will have 11 graduating players in the spring. That leaves 13 scholarships for the 2010 season.

10. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

2009 Signed Recruits

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Name POS STARS HGT WGT FROM
    Casey McKinney
    FS​
    :4stars: 6'4" 216 Bayshore Gardens FL [/CENTER]