University of Southern California

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JFunk34, Oct 18, 2009.

1. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

University of Southern California

Well USC switched coaches mid-season and did not get the full effect of recruiting. So they will be short of depth this year although the 22 starters are still pretty talented. USC's new coaching staff looks forward to implementing their system fully before the season starts and trying to get USC back to their rightful place as the class of the Pac-10. Stay tuned...

2. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

so you took over for renegade ice?

3. JFunk34

Yep I did.

4. JFunk34

Good start to the new season for USC. They played a pretty potent Texas Tech team. But USC had a great game plan coming in and completely dominated the game. Even with starting QB Aaron Corp out of the game with an injury backup Matt Barkley came in and drove the USC offense like a seasoned veteran. RB Curtis McNeal had a great game with well over 100 yards on the ground. Final score USC 45 Texas Tech 3.

5. JFunk34

The Trojan's D was stifling in a shutout victory over Stanford. The Cardinal did a fairly good job stopping the the USC running game, particularly in the first half. But as the game went on Aaron Corp really ripped apart the Stanford secondary and quickly put the game away. Final score 31-0 as USC improves to 2-0.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

It was a good game. The talent won.

7. JFunk34

USC at OREGON STATE

USC has struggle in Corvallis in the past and it proved once again to be a tough stadium. It took a bit for the offense to get going but once it got into it's groove The Beavers struggled to stop it. USC had almost 500 yards of total offense. QB Aaron Corp had 227 yards in the air, RB Curtis McNeal had 244 yards rushing and another 49 receiving.

FINAL SCORE: USC 35 Oregon St. 14

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA IMPROVES TO 3-0

And for the bad news Curtis McNeal went down in the 4th with a dislocated shoulder and is expected to miss about 7 weeks. Luckily the Trojans have a very capable backup in Marc Tyler. We wish Curtis a speedy recovery.

8. JFunk34

USC at Notre Dame

Huge rivalry win for USC. The game started as a bit of a shootout with neither D really being able to stop the opposing offense. The USC's D decided to step up and got some key stops. But unfortunately for the Irish their D could do no such thing against USC's powerful offense. Final score: USC 45 ND 28

And I'll be damned if the football gods aren't frowning on The Trojans this year. Last week they lost starting RB Curtis McNeal to a injury and this week RB Marc Tyler goes down with back spasms and is out four weeks. Sissy. When coach JFunk was asked about this he said, "Curtis and Marc were extremely important to our overall offensive scheme. With them gone we will have to re-evaluate things a little bit and do our best to compensate for their loss. Redshirt Freshman Marlin Ward will take over as starter, he is a good player but he does not have the experience of the other two. He will get a trial by fire and I hope he passes the test."

9. JFunk34

USC at Washington State

This game was, quite honestly, a slaughter. Washington St. is the least talented team in the Pac-10 and quite possibly the worst team in the country. This game was out of hand by half time led by Aaron Corp's precision passing and backup RB Marlin Ward's powerful running. A few big plays thrown in by key playmakers like Brice Butler and you have a recipe for a blowout. Final score: USC 63 WSU 6. USC improves to 6-0.

Note: I don't know if it's a glitch in the game or what but in the second half I tried to do a mass substitution. When I did it made odd substitutions like backup QB Matt Barkley at SS and RB Marlin Ward at LOLB. At one point in the goalline formation it had my kicker as a blocker. I notice these after one drive and decided the risks of injurying my backup QB, K, and one RB I have left un-injured was too great. So I quickly put the first team back in and ran the ball the remainder of the game. But as stated before the talent differential between USC and Wash. St. is ASTRONOMICAL and they couldn't stop the most conservative running game I had. Hence you have a 57-point victory.

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

How does your depth chart look, also were there any injuries?

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Just wait til next year JFunk

12. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

You dont gotta apologize for your big win there jfunk. Your a good player and you have a fantastic team. Go after em!

13. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Frisk>You are Texas in this dynasty, Wash State in BfR.

JFunk>I tried not to score after I put my backups in against Wash State but I ran like 5:30 off of clock and scored anyway.

Granted my game was 45-20 but still.

14. JFunk34

Actually my depth chart is not in the position I would like it to be because I missed out on recruiting last offseason but I hope to fix that a little bit this year. Also I did have an injury on my offensive line. Which brings me to a question has anyone else had a lot of injuries? I've had three starters go down with injuries costing them at least 4 games. Is it just bad luck for me or is anyone else having the same problem?

15. JFunk34

Thanks shadow. I just didn't want anyone to think I was TRYING to run the score up on poor ol' Washington State.

16. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The reason I ask about your depth chart is the game puts QBs as either FS or SS is your depth chart is not alligned right, same with RBs as OLBs. Dline plays Oline, That happened to me in a dynasty, team only had 8 Olineman.

17. JFunk34

USC vs Cal

This was a big game on the schedule this season. Regardless of their record this year Cal has a very good team with a very good RB. Cal matched up fairly well talent wise versus USC but in the end, superior coaching won out. Cal played well early but as the USC coaching staff got into their play calling groove they started to control the field and wear the Cal D out and hit every weakness and hole they exposed. Once Cal started to sell out to stop the run Aaron Corp would tear them up with passes and they slowly and methodically destroyed Cal and their will to fight. Final score: USC 42 Cal 14. USC improves to 7-0.

Aaron Corp had 287 yards passing and 4 TD's. Marlin Ward had over 160 yards rushing and punished the Cal D all day. This was a huge recruiting weekend for USC with LOTS of official visitors in town. We expect some great feedback and probably even a few commits after this weekend. Stay tuned...

18. JFunk34

The Pac-10 Showdown

USC vs Washington

This was a big game that USC needed to win to accomplish it's goal at the beginning of the season to be back on top of the Pac-10. Washington came out on fire on the first drive and drove into the redzone. But USC's D came up big and forced and recovered a fumble. Once USC got the lead on their first drive they never let up. Finally sealing the deal in the 4th quarter with a pick 6 by T.J. Bryant. USC was never really able to get a solid stop on Washington's powerful offense but ultimately it didn't matter as USC's offense proved to be more formidable. Final score: USC-42 Wash.-21. Aaron Corp was 13-16 for 230 yards and 2 TD's, Marc Tyler rushed the ball 21 times for 140 yards and 3 TD's. USC improves to 8-0 and will play next week at Arizona.

19. JFunk34

USC at Arizona

A key Pac-10 matchup for USC again this week. USC takes their powerful offense on the road to Tuscon to face the Arizona Wildcats. Arizona played USC tough early on keeping it at 7-7 at the end of the first. In the second USC's offense exploded for 17 points and went into halftime with a 24-7 lead. In the second half USC double every touchdown Arizona scored making a final score of: USC-52 Arizona-21. USC had a little trouble containing Arizona's QB as he was able to throw for 273 yards against the USC defense. Although it didn't make much of a difference. USC QB Aaron Corp was 7-12 for 132 yards and 2 TD's. The player of the game was USC RB Marc Tyler he carried the ball 18 times for 202 yards and 3 TD's. He has really rebounded well from his injury a few weeks back. Up next week for USC is a huge home game against the Ducks or Oregon. The Ducks should prove to be the last hurdle for USC to claim the Pac-10 title.

[​IMG]

20. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Most every chick from USC is hot. Arizona State though has the hottest campus.

21. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Nice picture, dude. Gotta love SoCal

22. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Should be a rule from here on out... USC must post a different cheerleader pic with each game summary

23. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

+1 for this...

24. JFunk34

Who am I to deny the people what they want? I'll see what I can do. ;)

25. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On