UNLV Sucks.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 26, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

UNLV can't put it altogether. Good games. Bad games. And after talking with Coach Hale after the 34-10 drubbing his Rebels took at the hand of Colorado State, it is clear that it will be difficult to figure the puzzle out:

"Ya know, I don't know. Every game is different. Something goes terribly wrong one game, then we play ok, then the next game something completely new goes wrong.

Frustrating. I mean, what, I think we had 1 holding call of no-significance prior to this game and then, bam, 3 holding calls, every one of which called back a huge run and first down all in the same game. If there is one thing I know its that we aren't good enough to overcome that. No way.

So, yea, we definitely need to get some things right. Obviously, the most frustrating part right now is the passing game. I like Caleb but he's gonna have to show me something. Not that our senior wideouts are helping him one bit with their stone hands (4 on the game... 3 of which came on easy first down opportunities), but even then, Caleb is just playing terrible. He must have had time, had his feet set, what... 7 times this game where that was the case and yet he just sailed the ball to the bench or 10yds over the receivers head?

Tough man. This is tough. We have a lot to work on. And to be honest... I've got a little piece of hopelessness in my heart right now.

Like we just aren't good. We need to get some players in here. Players that want to catch the ball, and not hold on big plays, and actually hit a wide open receiver. That's football. No sugar-coating it.

But hey, big surprise... we still suck. Shocker huh?"

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

this seems like part suicide note part/ game recap

3. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

don't fret, I'm sure things will get better after playing #5 undefeated Boise next week