Unsim Plays you see in league game feel free to chime in

Discussion in '4th and Long' started by jay2149, Feb 12, 2013.

1. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

Tactics and excuses that have been used in real life thus far that are strictly not cool and unsim. This is not intended to point fingers at people, but instead an educational tool demonstrating the kinds of things you should not do, based directly on experiences in The Longest Yard and the MaddenMania Players League.

It is also not a comprehensive list, but instead a work in progress.

Again, a good question to always ask yourself is "on any given Sunday, would I see a vast majority of the teams in the NFL do this."

Tactics:

- Rarely running, and when you do its all draws.

- Vast majority of your run plays are bumped outside, even when running dives, draws, isos and blasts. Run the play like it was diagrammed and where it was intended to go.

- Running the same formation for long periods of time. You rarely see an NFL team come out in the same formation on consecutive plays, let alone many plays in a row or an entire drive.

- No huddle should be used sparingly.

- Give the defense a couple of seconds to adjust. Common courtesy.

- Mix up your defensive formations. Just like the offense, playing Dime all day isn't cool.

- Use "non-standard" defensive formations in realistic situations. 4-6 against a spread? 5-2 against 5 wide? 3-3-5 against an ace formation? Dime against an I-Formation? That screams "I'm doing something suspect" to be successful. IMO standard, base defenses that can be used in any situation are 4-3, 3-4 and Nickel.

- Stat whoring. We all know there's XP out there now for players and your team, but you should be playing with that not in your mind. Sim rules still apply - spread the ball around. Vary your playcalling.

- Be balanced in the run and the pass. The average NFL team ran the ball 27 times last year and threw 34. Only 4 teams threw over 60 percent of the time (and all but one of them sucked). That means, assuming 60 plays, you should be running the ball at least 24 times a game.

- Dropping back 20 yards. You should be back 10 yards at the most.

- Rolling out of the pocket excessively.

- Constant shifting of your D-line and linebackers to try and find holes in the offensive line (the basis of nano-blitzes).

- If you're up big, go into cruise control. Starting in the 4th, run the clock down. You also really shouldn't pass unless its third down and you're trying to stay on the field.

- Respecting your opponent outweighs XP gained from a big play.

Excuses:

- That's my offense.

- That's my defense.

- I saw a weakness and I'm attacking it. Just like an NFL team would do.

- Team X does it! (Again ... vast majority of teams in the NFL. By our standards the Colts offense under Peyton Manning was not sim. Anything that came out of Mike Martz' head was not sim).

- I don't have a running team!

- I don't have a passing team!

- I can't help it that Player X was matched against Player Y!

- Even worse than the bumping all plays outside move, is the "run it like its supposed to be, until just behind your line, then run parallel with the line of scrimmage outside" move.

- Audibles and hot routes are for ADJUSTMENTS. They are not a "build your own play on the fly" mode.

- Just like the no huddle, use bump and run sparingly. And when you do, mix up when it is used. Even though its only 10/12 times a game, bumping and running every third down is not sim. BNR every time you blitz is not sim.

-"{Insert Player Name} is a beast, of course he has 1239412 sacks/yards/catches!" Bull-fucking-shit.

• Like Like x 2
  2. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

courtesy to BlyGilmore

3. DaGap25

DaGap25 Walk On

4. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

we see it in every game we even do it ourselves but we as sim players need to watch it some times

5. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

A good reminder heading Into playoffs, I want everyone to have fun, it's still a game

6. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

thats why i wrote it and i think it should be a exibit to the rules for the league

7. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

Fish7718 was a 69-17 victory neccessary??? Especailly after this was posted AND after you clinched homefield advantage? Come on bro...Dez Bryant 15 Receptions...5 Touchdowns?? And the next closest person on your team had only 3 receptions. This is EXACTLY the stuff jay2149 & Troy J. were talking about with UNSIM play. On top of that, it was against the CPU. I know we have had our differences in the past, but I and others look to you to be a LEADER in this league and to lead by example. I pulled my starters with 2-3 minutes left in 2nd quarter when I didnt even clinch yet.

Not trying to get on your case, but we need EVERYONE to play sim football EVERY GAME!!!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

I benched my starters super simmed second half you've been blowing out the computer all year if you look a lot of the scores came from defense it's was 35-17 when I super simmed I was shocked by the final score I honestly had no interest in playing that game just wanted to get my last practice in before playoffs

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

How was I supposed to know computer Kyle orton was a beast

10. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

35-10 it was 35-10 when I benched my romo McGahee and dez and super simmed so can't be mad at me for the CPU out scoring them 34-7

11. Snozberriez8198

So....your saying Dez had all 5 of your first 5 touchdowns??? That in itself is totally unsim, and by your own admission you benched him....so YOU are responsible for the 15 receptions and 5 TD he had, compared to the next person who had 3 receptions. I coulda cared less about score, but the stat whoring is ridiculous. Yes, everyone has blown out the computer, but I have spread to ball around to 7-10 receivers a game EVENLY. And it's no coincidence that Dez happened to break the ALL TIME receiving record in the same game. I wish I could say I was shocked.

I WASN'T CALLING YOU OUT, LIKE I SAID....JUST MAKING THE POINT THE WE LOOK TO YOU AS A CORNERSTONE OF THE LEAGUE AND WE ALL NEED TO PLAY SIM EVERY GAME. Stop taking offense to everything.

• Like Like x 3
  12. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

even Vernon Davis didnt have 5 td's in a game and he is my offense since Moss went down. But going into next season we will be looking into the ( Stat Whoring ) thing

13. Snozberriez8198

Personally I think penalties should be benching of the player or player(s) who were abused in the game(s)

14. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

I don't think I've played anyone who broke game play rules.

15. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

He had 4 of my first TD's I believe I know he didnt score all 5 I think he had 3 recieving before the half and a punt return I honestly believe he scored 2 more in the second half because I only dropped him down to the third string I didn't actually go bench him entirely I know he had max 4 before the half though cause my other TD was a punt return with ironically him

16. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

Ill admit I may have thrown to him a bit more than I should but I was just practicing my routes to him because he's my number 1 weapon and I need to get my shit right with him if I'm gonna do well in the playoffs

17. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

So in all reality he had 6 TD's

18. Snozberriez8198

Practicing is for the practice option every week bro, or play other games against CPU. Next season there won't be any excuses tolerated. You have had 16 games and 17 practices to get your "shit"right bro. When I started reading this I was giving you props for admitting you messed up.....then the stupid excuse came shortly after. We as a league will hopefully be playing together until madden 14 comes out, so please don't come at us with BS bud.....with that being said.....just let it go...it's done....just don't do it again.

GOODLUCK IN PLAYOFFS!!!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

Lol cool story bro, don't talk to me like mr innocent over there I had 2 games this year where I did a little to much with dez as an accident and calling me out is childish if you wanna know what happened pm me that wasnt an excuse it was a reason so don't so my reasoning stupid it shouldn't have been tolerated in general anyways but cool if you wanna make another random post chiding me go for it I know you want the last word other than that yeah good luck back at you brah

20. Snozberriez8198

I'm not calling you out, as I said before. According to your posts, it seems like you were unaware that Dez Bryant had 5 TD and 15 receptions, AND broke the single season receiving yards all in 1 half. Not only is 5TD in a game bad, but 5 TD in a half...like I said before....I coulda cared less about score, but the stat whoring this season has been crazy. Don't get so bent out of shape bro...This is a game...games are supposed to be fun...

• Like Like x 1
  21. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

lol you make it sounds like i went out and threw for 2,000 yards with him obviously yes single season receiving record was in reach, what NFL player or coach would not go for the record for his player? Completely sim, ill be 100000% honest I though Calvin had another game and was gonna get 1900 yards anyway so it wasnt my intent to "stat whore" was I stat whoring when i took a 42-10 lead against Carolina and literally let him score to make it a closer game? Was I stat whoring in any single game this season. I find truly ridiculous this is prolly one of onyl 2 games where one of my players had a slightly unsim statline and the other instance was actually quite sim.

What's the real issue here his 5 TD's? Cause the receptions and yards cant be a problem and I told you once already he didnt have all the catches and yards in one half I benched him to slot so he probably got more catches and def 1 more TD in the second half. If the problem is TD's then really? Am I supposed to not score TD"s with my best player? Should I throw TD's to ogletree instead sub him on packages? Serious questions.

I've seen 300+ yard rushing games 5-700 yard+ passing games 300+ yard recieving games and you call me out for this, and continue to try to jam it ndown my throat after I explained I super sim after I had beat the computer, lol k. If you want a cornerstone of the league to be here don't try to make an issue of a game that the computer and it's terrible sliders get out of hand.

22. Snozberriez8198

It was the fact that it came right after the, post by jay2149 . 5TD in a game for 1 player is unsim...especially against CPU. Stat whoring has been a huge issue, and it will NOT be tolerated anymore. I talked with Troy J. And I'll be monitoring all stats from now on in EVERY game. Everything from play calling ratio....to some teams going for it on 4th down against CPU too many times.

Most of the guys keep stuff in check, but a few do abuse it...and ONCE AGAIN...I'm not calling you out, just making it known that it's not cool. As far as being a cornerstone...that's up to you...no skin off my ass either way...your a reliable member, but if you or anyone else screws up...your getting called out on it from now on...

23. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

Are you gonna keep track of ppl who consistently have their RB's and TE's leading ther games in receptions?

24. Fish7718

Fish7718 Walk On

O.11.0 - Spreading the Ball Around: WR's should be the main target for passing plays. HB's should be checkdown receivers and not primary targets. HB receptions should not get out of hand or be a primary aspect of an offensive gameplan. Your 3rd, 4th, and 5th WR should not be a primary target. Majority of passes should be thrown to your two outside WRs with few exceptions.

25. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

wow really just trying to justify what you did still please let this go please