UofC's Offliner Poll

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by UofCWildcat, Aug 6, 2013.

?

Which Team Should I Use For My Offliner?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2013.
  1. Eastern Michigan Eagles

30.0%
  2. Army Black Knights

40.0%
  3. Memphis Tigers

30.0%
  1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Video will be up in about 2 hours to explain all but here is the TL: DW version:

I'm planning on releasing a new NCAA Offline-Dynasty series with a low level team that i will rebuild. Whether i stay with the school long term or not is up to me in the future. The series will pertain me talking about my recruiting, progressing my coaching trees, and my games of course. I plan to release videos every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday once i've stockpiled a season or two and let that be a series for all of TSO. I've cut down my choices to 3 teams below:

1) Eastern Michigan: A low level MAC team that i can come in an breed to be a MAC-tion power house. I will have a low tier conference where fighting for a bowl game is very hard. The downside is my competition will also not be as good causing me to possible be dominating in a few season if my recruiting is good enough

2) Army: An independent team with a ton of tradition. With Army i can try and restore the glory of the Black Knights to what i once was. As an independent, i can schedule whoever i want with no worries about a conference schedule. The downside is just that as well. I am no affiliated to a conference so no conference championship game to fight for. It's just game after game

3) Memphis Tigers: A new team to the newly formed AQ Conference the American Athletic Conference. With Memphis i am a horrible team in need of a new spark. I am also liking how my competition is put to a new level that I am fighting for a bowl game. The downside is that i could be losing a lot of games year one and i will also not have a CCG in the AAC.

A side not for my channel: I will also start releasing random gameplay videos every Tuesday and Thursday with just random talking about the game or just life. So go to https://www.youtube.com/user/UofCWildcat and subscribe for a butt load of NCAA content!

• Like Like x 1
  2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

She's up!

3. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

Are you going to do realistic conference changes through 2015? and cancel the AAC auto-bid? and I'm trying to vote for Memphis but it won't let me

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I am planning on realistic NCAA stuff. Conference realignment and all that jazz. Also planning on maybe making changes where needed (say Boise continues to roll over the MWC and go to the NCG every year, i'll move em).

5. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

Good plan, I'll definitely check yours out

• Like Like x 1
  6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I just finished 2015 and have all of the conference changes that'll happen (except of course for the FCS teams that'll join but aren't in the game). In mine, Boise won the MWC in 2013 (12-2) but San Diego State and Fresno State won it in '14 and '15.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

Yeah, I did the same and half of the time, Boise falls of the map. in mine they went 13-1, 5-7 so far

8. jello1717

@UofCWildcat you're a big uni guy and EMU has a ton of options (Oregonesque options). They have green/grey/white helmets/jerseys/pants as well as '11 and '09 green and white options.

• Like Like x 1
  9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yes i have dabbled into the EMU unis. Love the grey on green combo. But i want to appeal to the masses. Just like you, most people probably don't wanna watch a bunch of MAC-tion games. So i'll see what they like.

Also a question: In '13 did you ever have to move teams around to keep the competitive balance in conferences or did they work themselves out like the Boise v. Fresno v. SDSU?

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Also it's 3-3-3 so far! Thanks for the quick responses fellas!

• Like Like x 1
  11. jello1717

CUSA was terrible for teams becoming monsters there. I had to keep shipping the powerhouses to the Big Least to even things out. Southern Miss was the first to go and a few others did too.

Eastern Michigan actually turned into a 6* in the MAC and had to join the B1G (I brought in Notre Dame to make it 14 teams).

There were a few other changes I made too for competitive balance in the mid majors and I also made sure all AQ conferences had a a CCG, but that's just my preference.

12. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

Eastern seriously became a 6*?!?!

13. jello1717

Yep. They just kept beating up the other MAC teams and started making BCS bowls. In 2022 (their 2nd year as a 6*) they were moved to the B1G and didn't do too shabbily (considering they were EMU playing in the toughest conference in the country).

EMU in B1G.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  14. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I'd suggest Memphis, and here's why. Despite loving Army, and wanting them to become a power, as an independent and as a armed forces school, it's just not 'realistic' to think that at any point they can compete to get the best QB in the country. With Eastern Michigan, it's not that it wouldn't be 'realistic,' but once you expand the B1G, with Maryland and Rutgers, there might not be a whole lot of room to add them, unless you make it a super conference.

With Memphis, you're going to have a shit team, and once you do start competing regularly in the Top 25 polls, you have the option of maybe expanding the SEC to two schools including yourself, or going to the Big XII. You could also just stay in the American, and add teams that are also having success out of the Sun Belt and/or C-USA.

• Like Like x 3
  15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

4-5-4 at this point. Poll closes Tuesday (or when voting tapers off). I'm planning on starting the offliner this upcoming weekend then i'll play a season or two on my break from classes so i'm stockpiled and ready to roll.

16. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

You starting as a HC? I have one going, where I started as the OC at NIU and I'm now the OC at Georgia in year 2. Playing only as an OC is crazy, the Georgia defense has given up 119 points the last 2 games (while I have only scored 109).

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Yeah cause i like having control over everything. Don't like the super simming stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

To be honest, the super simming wouldn't be that bad if it was simmed in a realistic manner time wise. The fact that they can have a 9 play drive against you in 35 seconds is frustrating.

• Like Like x 3
  19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Voting seems to have died down. I'll let this go till tomorrow night and then i'll make a video for who i choose that will also have me breaking down my team/schedule/other dynasty shiz.

• Like Like x 1
  20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

~9 hours left of the poll! Make sure to vote and help me out! things are tight with it 5-6-6

21. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

if it does end up being army, are you going to abandon the option??

22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Don't know yet. I've been playing with all the teams and they are all enjoyable in their own ways. I won't go full triple but i feel i need to keep some of that tradition there.

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

This is the bigun here. I can't get along with using Army, Navy, or Air Force because of the lack of realism I feel with it. On top of just plain ol not being realistic to sign the top players, they have weight limits and the like so any 300 pound offensive/defensive lineman isn't realistic either. Just a lot of factors that go into the "realism" of using military schools.

Now on the other hand, if you recruited only along the military guidelines (heights and weights) while also taking into account that they dont redshirt (I'm almost sure of as well) it'd be an interesting thread to follow.

• Like Like x 1
  24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I could definitely look into that. That sounds like a hell of a lot of fun too

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

It's a doozy, but I would certainly follow. Idk even know all the restrictions they deal with, but they are there and would give your offliner a twist other ones don't have.

That said, I voted Memphis :)

• Like Like x 2