Upcoming Free Agents

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Dru50, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Here are some upcoming free agents (unless some signed since last night) that I think will obviously draw a lot of interest from around the league:
    • PG Chris Paul - Obviously the crown jewel in the upcoming class. Currently he has indicated to the Hornets that he plans to test the market, and he will get his choice of max offers.
    • C Marc Gasol - The best available center. Big young'un who can rebound and shoot a bit.
    • SF Wilson Chandler - Not a star, but a really solid player who can play on both ends of the court. I would expect Denver to resign him, but if they don't he likely gets close to a max deal based on his OVR rating of 81 and the fact that he is still young.
    • SF/PF Michael Beasley - I expect him to get some love in free agency due to the fact that the kid is young and can flat out score the ball. I know when I controlled the T-wolves for time he wouldn't accept a $12 mill a year deal, so he's not going to come cheap.
    • PG Darren Collison - Likely the best available young PG on the market, assuming that Indiana's signing of George Hill to a $10 mill a year contract means that they won't be signing Collison.
    • PG Chauncey Billups - I'm guessing that NY doesn't resign him in an attempt to nab Chris Paul. Chauncey could still have some life left in the legs and could fetch a nice 2-3 year contract from a young team looking for leadership.
    I know there are a TON of others out there, but this is a taste. I didn't include some guys like Dwight Howard or Eric Gordon, because both are ready to resign with their existing teams already.

Who are some guys you are hoping/planning to sign this offseason on your squads?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Anyone interested in Dwight can back the fuck off. That bitch is staying in Orlando if I have to make him the mayor.

3. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

You would be correct, sir

4. Dru50

The Knicks won't be the only ones making a run at Paul.;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

They most certainly will not. Just need to find a way to dump Garcia and Salmons contracts...

6. Dru50

Maybe Gngsta4Lyphe will take them again.;)

My team should be in good shape cap wise, as after this season I'll only have Blake (on his final year of his rookie deal), Eric Gordon (signed for about $13m) and Eric Bledsoe (final year of his rookie deal) on the books. I should have all kinds of money to play around with and try to remake the team into the kind of team I like.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

3pt shooting euros should be plentiful and cheap :)

8. Dru50

You know me too well.

9. Bondzai

When it's all said and done I'm going to have a team full of guys that will break backboards.

10. Dru50

I really want a team full of guys who shoot outside well, with a good passing PG.

Of course, how Blake Griffin fits into that I have no idea.....

11. Bondzai

He doesn't, which is why he needs to come to Orlando.

12. Dru50

Not unless you have another star player not named Dwight Howard on your roster that I'm not aware of.

13. Bondzai

Oh but I do....you may know him as the Hibachi.

14. Dru50

I said a 'star', not an 'albatross'.

15. Bondzai

I'm going to have to stat whore with him to bring up his value.

• Like Like x 1