Upcoming League Changes - To Be Implemented in 2027

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by NeuroticTruth, Jan 11, 2014.

1. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    The Dugout

As if it werent very well established by now, things are constantly evolving here in The Dugout. With that being said, we'd like to announce some upcoming league and rule changes for the 2027 season and beyond:
    • NBL Getting "AA" Teams - Per popular demand, we will be adding a "AA" minor league to the NBL. All teams will be generically created with logos etc. There was some concern from our NBL managers that their high school draft prospects were dying off to easily / quickly as they were greatly outmatched in the sole AAA farm system. This should help alleviate that problem. For now we'll only be adding the "AA" level, while we give it seasons and evaluate how it has affected the league and whether or not we need to extend the NBL draft a few more rounds because of it.

• MLB Adding the DH to the NL - Again per popular demand, the NL will be adopting the "DH" starting in 2027. This is a dynamic change as it doesnt just affect how individual games are played, but also will have a huge impact on how current NL budgets are shaped. Again, no further changes will be made in this regard other than adding the "DH" and evaluating how it affects the league over the next few seasons.

• Contract Dumping No Longer Allowed - Simply put, teams are no longer allowed to release players with 2 or more years left on their contract if:
      • Releasing said player will put your team into the red in "Projected Final Balance".
      • If the team is already in the red in "Projected Final Balance".
      • If you're unsure on whether or not you'll be violating this rule and wanting to release a player, please PM a commissioner.
      • Owners found violating this rule will be IMMEDIATELY demoted to NBL. No excuses, no second chances.

Everyone please make sure you fully understand change #3. Its a rather important change, and while it doesnt happen often, it could greatly impact your position in the league if you violate it (knowingly or not). If you have any questions, feel free to post them here.

• Like Like x 6
  2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Just to make sure, if it doesn't out us in the red were still free to drop someone?

3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Love all three changes. This offseason is going to be a blood bath. This sick bastard is gonna love every minute of it. muhahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

How'd i know you'd be the first to ask for clarification :p

5. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Correct.

Edit:
    The biggest thing there is the 2nd part of it. Releasing a player when you're already in the red. That is abusive will no longer be tolerated.

6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Just checking, I mean I know I wasn't the only one with that question, only time I've ever cut someone like that was Matt Harvey and his 48 million price only out me 18 k in the hole.

7. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

And Matt Harvey is why I made the joke

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Lol figured as much, eh live and learn I guess.

9. Confucius Rex

Confucius Rex Walk On

Did anyone figure out what the AL-NL interleague play record was the past couple seasons? I'm curious as to whether AL was as dominant in the regular season as in the post-season.

10. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I am as well

11. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Do we know yet when the DH and AA teams will officially be on the file?

12. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Hopefully tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Lottery only including bottom 10 teams instead of all teams not in playoffs?

14. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Lottery included all teams that didnt make the playoffs, per usual.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    We talked about changing that in the last draft. It's pointless to screw with the middle of the draft order and it adds confusion with comp picks.

16. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    We never really talked about it, so much as you expressed your displeasure. As far as I'm concerned the lottery wont be changing.

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Pretty dumb.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Spoiler alert already from NT, a top 5 worst team isn't even in the top 10 but a team outside the 10 worst teams is inside the top five.

This is why the lottery needs to go away, we have the five year rule to prevent all this stupid tanking talk, yet those of us teams that are bad, can't get better cause we can't draft good talent as we get screwed by this draft lottery. Having the 10worst teams in a draft lottery is fine, but anything outside it your just looking for a better team to get over on a lower team and thus, give them less of a chance to get better.

19. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Sound reasoning. I didn't think of it that way.

• Like Like x 1
  21. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I try to use reasoning to prove points, but apparently the new Adolf NT doesn't want to hear it. (To those that don't know Jesse used to be called Adolf Rockwell by a few of the others on here).

22. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    What sound reasoning? I have about the same reasoning as you do. Your complaint is that 11-20 shouldnt have a chance, I say they should. Essentially you're complaining that the COMBINED 105 out of 1,000 chances the teams in slots 11-20 have of getting the #1 pick are too many. I disagree. There is no right or wrong here, its all opinion.

With the 5 year rule, if you're trying to solely use the draft to keep from getting demoted, you're likely going to get demoted regardless.

23. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    1) My complaint is NOT that at all.

2) It was a joke because you haven't provided any reasoning prior to this post.

My complaint is that its dumb to make the threshold teams who missed the playoffs. If you want to do a lottery for reasons to be justified in a different thread, I don't think it makes sense to do anything outside of the top 10. It only makes pointless movement between spots 7-16 ish.

24. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Again, that's completely you're opinion vs (at this point) mine. Where the line should be drawn in terms of what teams are included into the lottery was something that was discussed at length between the admin team when the lottery started. Thats also the reason teams 11-20 have such slim chances of getting the #1 pick.

Just because you think / want it to change, doesnt mean its going to.

25. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

It's not specifically the number one pick, that's where I think your getting my confusion mixed up. I'm talking about the top 10 spots, if your not a top 10 worst team, you shouldn't be picking inside the top 10, not just speaking of the number one pick.

Also, when talking about the draft, I am not saying it as a mere source to build a team, but it gives you assets and coveted assets if it's a top 10 or top 5 pick more specifically. You can use that prospect you got as a top talent and get either some established talent, or a few slightly lower prospects, and build back up. Using the celtics as an example, they lost in 2008 and were set for the number I think two pick in the coming nba draft. In order to get a veteran player like KG to go over, he wanted some more talent around him and not a rookie. Boston used that asset to trade with Seattle/OKC and land Ray Allen, in turn getting Garnett and making themselves instant contenders.

NFL, St. Louis with the number two pick, did not need a qb at there spot,,used that asset to turn a fledgling franchise around and acquired more picks to build a team off of, and have turned into almost a .500 ball club in the hardest division in football right now. They turned there one big asset into 4 smaller assets and made there team better.

Biggest example, Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys deal for Herschel Walker.

NHL, Boston bruins, had Tyler Seguin and were very close to another Stanley, cup, in order to get back there, used there young asset in Seguin, whom they got number two overall and sent him to Dallas to get some pieces they needed and used there big asset to help there team now and be a contender for a Stanley cup.

MLB, Houston Astros have been bad over the last few years, however, thanks to there draft have one of the best minor leagues in terms of talent and have used that to acquire some pieces to help them in the present and future for when Springer and Singleton and Appel get there.

You wanted good hard factual answered, well there is 4 one from each major sport as to using assets as a bad team can get you better turning them into multiple assets.

I'd also like to hear Timpegoose and ty5oke thoughts on this. Merely just pointing some things out for thought and changes, since we have all these changes going on already.

• Like Like x 1